User Reviews for Zoster vaccine live

Also known as: Zostavax

Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis
3.3

Pj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2020

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Not sure but @ the same time I had the shingle shot, I started having trouble with my arm, hurting, & that's been close to a year, now. I'm having regrets that I even got the shot, so for some of us, its damned-if-you-do & damned-if-you-don't.”

Maggie February 25, 2019

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Itching pain on left side of back every so often several times a year. My Doctor recommended it because I was over 60. Wish I never had it.”

Richard S May 3, 2018

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I'm 70. Had the shingles vaccine a couple of years ago. I now have shingles. I have a various small rashes on my left side (back and torso). Itches at times, sore to touch. Feel slightly unwell and more tired than usual. I'm guessing the vaccine has made the attack milder. I'm on Sirdupla for COPD and I'm wondering if this has weakened my immune system. Or is it just old age? Any comments? I'm taking paracetamol and dabbing on Calamine lotion. Any other suggestions?”

fnpac November 29, 2007

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Two things are often left out of the discussion regarding Zostavax. It is very expensive. And it does not confer immunity. It reduces the risk of getting shingles by about 50%. Is that an acceptable risk reduction in an expensive medication?”

Anonymous February 14, 2009

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I am 42 years old have had recuring shingles since I was 12 years old. Two years ago I had Zostavax vaccine at age 40. My insurance would not pay because I was not over age 60. I have had shingles at least a dozen times since vaccine.”

Anonymous June 23, 2009

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “I had shingles for the first time at age 45. I was never so miserable. I was told of the zoster vaccine live, and was told that I had to wait until the symptoms were no longer present. I was told about the price at that time and that it had to be ordered and would take two weeks, I would have done whatever needed to get that money due to no insurance. I did have the injection and two years later with no out breaks and usually having fever blisters, have not had one after that injection two years ago. I have recently had a fever blister and am looking for the booster. I will pay whatever to not hurt that bad again. ”

SickofShingles · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2017

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Got this vaccine at my yearly PCP appointment in April 2017. Have had 6 outbreaks since then the first leading to colitis according to my GI specialist (again - caused the first colitis attack according to my GI). Had my first outbreak of shingles at 58 and was told I was too "young" for the vaccine and had 2-3 per year but nothing like this since the vaccine. No more vaccines for me... they are poison to your system.”

agaidemak December 13, 2008

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Great and cheaper than other medicine”

Keith9876 November 30, 2016

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Made me very ill for years. Avoid.”

Anonymous June 19, 2017

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Got a horrible case of shingles two years after receiving the vaccine. Was out of work for three months. Does not work!!!!”

Mike2000A · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2014

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: “Vertigo plus little nausea”