User Reviews for Everolimus to treat Breast Cancer

Also known as: Afinitor, Zortress, Afinitor Disperz

Everolimus has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Breast Cancer. 40% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 60% reported a negative effect.

Everolimus Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 181 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer.

Fighting Mets · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2020

Afinitor (everolimus): “I have been taking Afinitor for about 2 weeks. Just feel I cannot continue in with it, feeling like my heart is racing for hours after taking it, it feels close to a panic feeling. No mouth sores(yet) doing the steroid mouth swish as ordered. However, I suddenly have a cluster of large pimple like sores on inner thighs, my skin in general feels very dry. I just cannot deal with sores and am terrified they will become wide spread. I was on Ibrance a year and then it stopped working. The only side effect was fatigue, that I can deal with but sores - no. calling my doctor and telling him the side effects are too much! Give me a med that has fewer serious side effects! I have not taken it long enough to evaluate if it is even being effective. Just no the side effects have begun right away.”

Daisy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

Afinitor (everolimus): “It was the worst experience ever with this medicine , I DO NOT RECOMMEND it at all , Please don’t take it , this is a TOXIC medicine , my mum used it , it caused her lung problems, lung embolism, lung inflammation, & MALIGNANT LYMPHOMA, and she dead after using this TOXIC medicine. She used the 10 mg from March to May , than 5 mg from May to June and she stopped it after suffering from allergy , she lost over 27 kilograms in a short period .”

Fighting It · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2017

“Sorry but after 69 days had to stop. Based on genomic testing this drug was used to treat platinum-based resistant ovarian cancer with pleural effusion. I suffered insomnia, indigestion, lack of energy, dry skin. My pleural effusion did not improve and this drug made it worse. My CA-125 tripled under this drug. It just did not work for me despite genomic testing. Glad to hear it helped others though.”

KathyinNewMexico · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2013

Afinitor (everolimus): “I was one of the few people who could not take it. It attacked my body along with the cancer. Quit taking it after 2 months but it would not flush from my system. My skin was bad from dehydration as it did not allow my body to absorb moisture in my arms and legs. My skin looked like parchment with nothing under it but bone and a little flesh. Lost over 20 pounds in about a month. Finally my regular doctor put me in the hospital -as I found some men in Australia had to do. I was given I.V's for 5 days and am feeling much better. It is a good medicine but some people just cannot take it.”

itskitsch · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2014

Afinitor (everolimus): “I've been taking it for 5 months. After 6 weeks on 10 mg my lymphedema arm got infected & real swollen--I was told it was shingles & Lyme disease. After 2 rounds of antibiotics I went back on 5 mg. My subsequent scans show liver mets decreasing. My insurance cap was exceeded after 1 month($$$), but I qualified for a Novartis program for free medicines--check it out. Side effects on 10 mg were intense--like chemo. 5 mg is much more tolerable, still I must take Protonix every day for gastric upset. And I get really itchy.”

wrd · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 31, 2015

Afinitor (everolimus): “Stage 4 with lymph and bone bone metastasis. Never on infusion chemo due to my autonomic diabetic nerve damage. Hormone treatments failed. Tamoxifen gave me terrible forgetfulness. Took Xeloda. At 6 months scan showed cancer gone except in giant ulcer on chest. Then Xeloda failed and cancer spread rapidly. Affinitor worked quickly with visible changes in two weeks. Four weeks ulcer showing definitely better . Been about 5 months. Cat scan showed no cancer active. Ulcer a third smaller and still healing. Cancer itching totally relieved although some iching as larger tumors heal. Had some nose slight bleeding issues early on but with summer humidity no problem. Chronic slight cough and congestion. Short of breath but can walk.”

Lifer lifer lifer · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2016

Afinitor (everolimus): “Although the medication did effectively treat my cancer the side effects were so severe that I decided to discontinue use of the drug and try an alternate treatment. Skin rash started on my hands initially and spread to my entire body causing severe itching and scratching which led to something looking like opened bug bites all over. Severe gum irritation described by my dental hygienist as your gums are flapping in the wind, also red swollen gums which caused me to be unable to eat anything not soft. Lost 10 lbs the first two months. Also projectile vomiting, diahrea and nausea. At three months I found it had made me diabetic and raised my triglycerides to over 500. That's when I opted to stop treatment.”

lovemoore June 8, 2013

Afinitor (everolimus): “Dont have any side effects, only mild tiredness. Been taking it for three weeks.”

SueStick January 10, 2013

Afinitor (everolimus): “Within 7 days of taking Affinitor the fluid in my lung decreased.”

cecix June 11, 2015

Afinitor (everolimus): “On this drug for 2 weeks, had severe side effects, swelling of both hands, rash,and small bubbles started appearing (pop it like water). now its on both feet,arm pit. I had to stop taking it.”

Lifer lifer March 15, 2016

Afinitor (everolimus): “Although the medication did effectively treat my cancer the side effects were so severe that I decided to discontinue use of the drug and try an alternate treatment”

Learn more about Breast Cancer