User Reviews for Afinitor to treat Neuroendocrine Carcinoma

mimi · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2018

“I started taking Afinitor on 20 May 2016, and I've given the drug a 9 because I'm still very much alive, able to work (computer work), take a 25-minute walk every day, and receive visitors. I have had side effects, including diarrhea, neuropathy (feet and ankles), loss of energy, and mouth sores (very infrequent now). I take paracetamol (6 x 500 mg daily) for pain. My tumors (lung and liver) shrunk a tiny bit and then remained the same. I have CT scans, x-rays, blood and urine tests. My appetite is good. I do not live in the USA.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2018

“I started this April 2016 the side effects did not start until June. It started with diarrhea, then hemorrhoids ,then itching, weight loss, loss of appetite. I kept telling my doctor something was wrong but he told me to eat anything I wanted but the final situation was I got an infection in my right eye I was in hospital for 10 days. He only came once to tell me to stop taking the Afinitor. Upon release I had to go to a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases for 2 months and this was everyday. Weight wise I went from 162 to 124 I am now just skin and bones also the tumor just kept growing I went to another cancer doctor he performed surgery to remove the tumor. This medication is the worse”