User Reviews for Dermal filler

Also known as: ArteFill, Bellafill, Belotero Balance, Captique, Evolence, Hylaform Plus, Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Volbella XC, Juvederm Vollure XC, Juvederm Voluma XC, Juvederm XC, Perlane, Radiesse, Restylane, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Silk …show all brand names

Facial Lipoatrophy
6.5

Facial Wrinkles
4.9

Summary of Dermal filler reviews 5.2 28 reviews

Reviews for Dermal filler

ArteFill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I went to a Dr 2013 and had some work done. I wanted this filler because of the longevity of it..Artefill is Bellafill. Anyway after I had the work done in less than 3 weeks I could not breathe I could hardly walk. I had heart problems and was admitted in the hospital. Now 4 years later I find out I'm allergic to many things. I never got the skin test but have been sick now for over 4 years. I can't breathe and my body reacts to everything. This product has Bovine in it and that a problem for me"

Me July 19, 2018

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had bellafill injected after appropriate patch testing in my smile lines for wrinkles. The initial result was great. 15 months after injection , I developed multiple foreign body granulomas on both sides of my face as an adverse reaction to the material. This was a delayed and ‘unexpected’ response from the filler. For the past 2 years , all local therapy has failed to improve the inflammation. I underwent a major facial surgery and had all the material removed when the granulomas started to erode thru my skin. This product may be fda approved, but the nature of these random, permanent and relentless disfiguring granulomatous reactions beg rethinking the use of this product by plastic surgeons. It is impossible to predict who will be disfigured from this product, and the product is permanent. It must be removed with surgery."

Sdk (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2018

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "You really need an expert to do these injections. I was fortunate to have a person who knew what to do. I am 70 years old and had the injections a year ago. I am thrilled with the results! It keeps getting better. I still have fine lines but not the deep wrinkles I had before."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2018

Restylane Silk (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "Caused significant bruising, swelling and lymph node swelling that lasted over 2 weeks. No similar reaction to former use of Restylane."

susan (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "Bellafill was a total ripoff. I had 4 units injected with no visible results. My doctor, promised my wrinkles would be gone on the areas treated. I contacted her office numerous times with my concerns. I was extremely disappointed with the results and absolutely had no changes to my appearance. The doctor totally ignored all my calls. As a result, I contacted the manufacturer, Suneva Medical, who made numerous attempts to contact the doctor. The bottom line is none of my issues were ever resolved."

Zoe March 21, 2018

Restylane (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "First I had numbing cream on my face which did not work, then a stronger one was put on my face until it was totally numb. The injection put in my face broke and several more were put in mainly on one side not the other of my face. I looked lop sided for days after and swollen like someone punched me in the side of my face. 3 months later I still have a lump under my top lip. Made not the slightest difference to the lines on my lips, no noticeable change was evident, just pain and bruising. Very unsure of having more done, this one visit cost me £200 and was told I need to spend £600 and two more sessions to see any difference. The pain was not worth it and the look was terrible. Suddenly I like my wrinkles. Horrible experience."

Jinks (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "Had Bellafill done in November 2017 by a plastic surgeon in Manhattan who convinced me it was the best treatment. As of today, January 18,2018 I still have lumps and my face is getting disproportional."

Justjjj January 18, 2018

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I have used fillers off and on for 36 years. Collagen, Restylane, Radiesse, Juvederm, Voluma, and more to fill acne scars and laser burn scars above my lip caused by a quack. I've always had at least a modicum of improvement and sometimes even success with these various fillers. However, when I finally decided after two years of research to go ahead and have Bellafill injected to one area of my face where there are acne scars, I wound up with absolutely no visible or palpable evidence that Bellafill was even in my face. A total rip-off. Utterly useless material. In fact, the acne scars are even more evident after this bizarre injection episode. Just because the FDA approves something doesn't mean it has any merit."

Livid in Richmond (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2017

Restylane (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had restalyn injected in my cheeks and smile lines. I was severely bruised with deep black and blue bruises . My cheekbone area was swollen and painful . The swelling pushed on my under eye area causing more wrinkles around my eyes. It was painful to lay on my sides for months. Which is how I sleep. My makeup could not cover the bruising and it lasted for about 2 weeks. My skin also peeled around the bruises. A month later I developed two pimples on my right cheek. When popped, an opaque ( not pus), cream colored gel came out and now my right cheek looks deflated but the left one still feels tight and looks full. I became severely anemic a month after the injections. I have chest pain when I breath and I often feel faint."

Tacoma, WA. mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I've had 6 syringes in my face for volume loss. My last injection was in January 2017. Nasal labial folds are gone, my cheeks and jaw line are defined and so far, knock on wood, no problems. By the way - I'm 64 and I had to verify that I was at least 50 to get my senior citizen discount. All doctors get the same product, you must go to a doctor who has been trained in the use of Bellafill, not an aesthetician."

u4riah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I loved it!!!!"

Sandi J April 21, 2017

Juvederm (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had the injections around the lips and the side of my lip for a deep line."

cLibby (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had 3 sets of injections and all of them have turned into lumps, I call marbles, in my face. They did NOT fill in lines in my face, the just became marbles in my face. They are awful and I would never recommend these injections - run, don't walk, out of the doctor's office!"

65 Year Old (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "Terrible product!!! My cosmetology doctor didn't do a "test", nor told me it was permanent! She put it deep into my cheeks on face. 2 syringes one month apart. The second injection within days left my cheeks puffy, tender to the touch & my facial nerves frazzled. Then a week later my cheeks were swollen, pus coming out of my eyes, touching cheeks made more pus come out of my eyes & made my nervous system crash!!! I went to the ER 7 times in 3 weeks. They said it probably was NOT the filler but stated they weren't cosmetic experts and to follow up with my doctor. I went home assuming it couldn't be the filler, not wanting to believe it was a filler that I voluntarily paid for. I became bed ridden, can barely breathe feels like I'm dying."

Bohogal January 12, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I went in to get the venus freeze done on my neck and jowls. The esthatician I saw wowed me with all the plus sides of bellafil. I didn't find anything to contraindicate its efficacy so I went ahead and with the injections. I was told I had the best person possible doing my treatment. As it turned out, I was her guinea pig. My face was left with lumps and bumps all over. A year later I had to get immunizations to start the nursing program. The bellafil has started to grow. I have several swollen balls all over my face. I can't get anyone to return my calls. I am really worried this is going to permanently disfigure me."

Lumpy and difigured (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2017

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "This product was injected into my face by an inexperienced doctor, encouraged by a sale rep for this deplorable product. I have severe swelling under my eyes and forehead. I've had multiple injections to rid my face of these horrible side effects to no avail. The doctor, sales rep and producers of this hideous product take no responsibility for the horrific pain and disfigurement that I've endured! This product must be removed from the market and I will do all I can to see this be done."

T C October 29, 2016

For Facial Lipoatrophy: "after paying out 1600 dollars , dont belive the hype for acne scars, very dissapionted after 3months and no great improvement, want my money back, good luck with that...right"

sam1234$$$$ October 19, 2016

Juvederm (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had juvederm in my cheeks and love the results! Reduced many other wrinkles. This product/ procedure is pricey but happy with the results!"

Old lady in need of correction October 8, 2016

Juvederm (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had Juvelin facial fillers under my eyes, on my cheek and partly on the lines near the mouth. I am 52 years old and look fairly young. I paid and enourmous amount - much more than most of the doctors that do this procedure, thinking that my doctor would be fantastic. Result: I am completely unsatisfied and very unhappy. I had the procedure in April 2016 and now in September, I still have black color under my eye. For several months my eye was purple. The lines near the mouth, ineffective and on my cheeks, slight change but does not justify the price I paid. The doctor used Juvaders fillers indicated to me that it is the only FDA approved product. Yet, I really regret having had the procedure :-((("

Light-1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "Check out the words Malar Edema. This is what Bellafill, injected into my cheeks, has left me with. They are red pouches on my cheeks, something I never had before the injections. I am so upset with this, and it cost me $9,000 to add to my total dismay! And to make it worse, make-up will NOT cover these unattractive lumpy red pouches."

Twirly Girly September 7, 2016

Juvederm Voluma XC (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "It did help with the sad lines under my mouth and looks great as a cheek filler… Had some bruising but I would say the oddest reaction is I have had no appetite for three days"

Sheilatrics March 12, 2016

Bellafill (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I went for a consultation for Botox in my forehead ,my elevens, and ended up being told I needed much more! I was told I needed bellafill under my eyes. My under eyes were not a concern for me,but my so-called doctor told me I needed filler there! She was just trying to sell me something that would make her money! A test to see if I had a adverse reaction to bellafill was to be given and I was to wait 28 days before a procedure was done, my doctor waited 10 minutes! What really ticks me off that the sales rep for bellafill who was present, never stepped in to say no you really need to wait before giving these injections! But unfortunately I signed on the dotted line and today, after 7 months, I am disfigured from these bellafill injections"

Tac415 March 11, 2016

Radiesse (dermal filler) for Facial Lipoatrophy: "I have tried juverderm voluma and Radiesse for filling the loss of volume in my checks. Both worked well but Radiesse lasted twice as long and seemed to even improve after a few months since it stimulates collagen production. Radiesse is also more economical cost wise."

Bellagallia October 8, 2015

Juvederm (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I have had Juvederm injected twice over the course of 2 years for fullness in my lips. I love it. I have my lips just plumped up but not overly filled it looks really natural, people don't know I have had it done. I get tons of compliments about how young I look for my age. I am 41 and always get guessed at being 34, so if you just want to smooth your lips out and plump them up just a little this is a great product...just make sure you have it done by a professional that knows what they are doing. I have seen some botched lip injections done by some unqualified people."

Anonymous December 3, 2009

Evolence (dermal filler) for Facial Wrinkles: "I had it done yesterday, lots of bruising..I wouldn't want to go anywhere this week. I hope its a lot better in a few days."

Anonymous November 4, 2009