User Reviews for Sensipar to treat Secondary Hyperparathyroidism

Sensipar has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism. 50% of those users who reviewed Sensipar reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Sensipar Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism.

Marty · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2018

“Pain in legs, knees , and shoulders. Also too expensive. I ceased use of this drug.”

Rob981234 September 3, 2015

“Abnormal dreams and bothersome while taking sensipar. I have difficulty sleeping . Bad dreams stop and return to normal if I skip the dose”

Hal1999 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2014

“Sensipar has worked well for me. Five plus year dialysis patient. Unfortunately being forced from private insurance to Medicare Part D with supplementary Part D private supplemental plan. Cost of Sensipar and it's cumulative dollar cost along with all my other medications places me into the Part D donut hole almost immediately. Manufacturers patient support plan (which was wonderful when I had private insurance) stops when I transfer to Medicare Part D. There appears to be nothing for Medicare Part D patients from manufacturers. I don't understand why but these are just the facts. Bottom line is that while Sensipar works effectively it is classified as a Tier 3 and is priced prohibitively.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 18, 2012

“I'm a senior with a low fixed income. I am ever so grateful to the Sensipar assistance program. I have very high calcium levels and this medicine has cut it in half, I used to get very disoriented, confused, overwhelmed but now with this medicine I feel close to normal. I have had a great experience with this medicine and have experienced no side effects. ”

Annie1441 · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2012

“I have severe bone pain in my legs and frequent bowel movements up to fifteen times per day. Parathyroid scan showed nothing abnormal. After taking Sensipar only three days I saw marked improvement. After 28 day trial, pain in the legs is 80% improved, (am a multiply operated spine patient so did not expect 100%). Bowel movements are more normal and once per day as they should be. This shows with just one month of treatment, that I do have parathyroid disease that was not picked up on scans. Now I can pursue treatment through surgery.”

Anonymous September 14, 2009

“I experienced severe leg cramps almost immediately upon taking this medication and whatever else it may have been doing for me. I could not tolerate the cramps which even interfered with my ability to sleep, walk, drive or climb stairs.”

327Frank September 10, 2009

“Seems to lower CA but the side effects are somewhat hard to deal with. Leg cramps, and twitching seems to be the worst of it. But there is only surgery as the other option.”

Spike5 July 22, 2010

“I took this drug and had no side effects. On the other hand, it didn't reduce my blood calcium levels.”