User Reviews for Cholecalciferol/genistein/zinc glycinate to treat Osteopenia

Also known as: Fosteum, Fosteum Plus

Cholecalciferol/genistein/zinc glycinate has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Osteopenia. 20% of those users who reviewed Cholecalciferol/genistein/zinc glycinate reported a positive effect, while 60% reported a negative effect.

Cholecalciferol/genistein/zinc glycinate Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Osteopenia.

Bee January 25, 2021

Fosteum Plus (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “UPDATE: It is mid Jan. Still noticing impact to hair. Is something unlisted in this supplement or maybe the isolated soy (genistein aglycone) isn’t the correct component of soy. It seems the other components listed would not have these side effects. Personally I would rather add plain organic soy to my daily diet along with vitamin D3. Zinc, etc than take a prescribed supplement. Cost is not the issue. Side effects & results are. QUESTION: Has research proven or has anyone seen an increase in bone density after a certain amount of time on Fosteum plus? If so how much time before an improvement shows up on a bone density test? Should post-menopausal women have the same bone density of a 20-30 year old normal female of child bearing years? Is bone density or bone strength important?!?! Is there a measurement of bone strength available? Update again in February.......”

Bee December 23, 2020

Fosteum Plus (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “Began taking Fosteum Plus first week of December 2020. I have experienced more hair loss while combing than in the past. Contents seem to be zinc, vitamin k, a form of calcium, some derivative of soy and vitamin D plus some fillers. For over 10 years I have eaten totally plant-based (meat about 4 times per year) and had already been taking vitamin D, zinc supplements, thinking that with my diet so heavily vegetables, no need to add vitamin K or soy. I lift weights with different muscle groups 3-5 times per week. In addition I do 30 minutes pool swim and 30 minutes rebounding about 5-6 days per week. Yet my bone density test still showed osteoporosis so began taking this at doctor’s advice. Will update after taking for a few more weeks. May need to stop due to hair loss......,”

Sammie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2020

Fosteum Plus (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “Just started 2 months ago. My knees hurt, but is bearable. My hair is shedding more than usual. I get nauseous, but have not regurgitated. I tend to follow through and keep my doctor informed. Will return later with comments. Please do not alter my experiences shared for the use of fosteum plus usage”

Shorty · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2020

Fosteum Plus (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “After approximately 2 months of using this product 2 times a day I suffered severe itching of my scalp. At that time I had a healthy head full of long hair. I began to suffer tingling and itching in my scalp and severe hair loss in several areas of my scalp. The loss was so great I had to have all my hair cut off to a boy’s bob. I discontinued use of this medication once I realized my experience was as a result of this new medication.”

Marty · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 11, 2019

VP-GSTN (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “No broken bones since I have been using It.”

boney maroni · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2018

Fosteum Plus (cholecalciferol / genistein / zinc glycinate): “why no reviews from folks taking this?”

Learn more about Osteopenia