User Reviews for C1 esterase inhibitor (human) to treat Hereditary Angioedema

Also known as: Cinryze, Haegarda, Berinert

C1 esterase inhibitor (human) has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema. 83% of those users who reviewed C1 esterase inhibitor (human) reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

C1 esterase inhibitor (human) Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Hereditary Angioedema.

HAE Lady · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2019

Haegarda (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “I’ve been using Haegarda for about a year and a half and find it to be a very safe med with few incidental side effects (bruising at injection site, sometimes). It hurts a bit at injection, but much less than other sub Q HAE meds. Most importantly, it works better for me than any of the other preventative I’ve tried, and I’ve used them all (but Takhzyro,) including Danazol. That said, I believe the initial marketing claim about “95%” efficacy was a problem for patients because insurance companies can say that we should only be using rescue meds 5% of the time when on Haegarda. EEK! In my experience, I use rescue meds 7-9 times a month, down quite a bit from the time before Haegarda. I still have attacks, but the are less severe, mostly. I recently had a severe knee injury and my attacks became uglier while the injury was most acute. As HAE is inclined to do. Overall I like Haegarda and am not inclined to change preventatives any time soon.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2016

Berinert (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “very effective, results almost immediately. To find this after 50 plus years of dealing with HAE is fantastic”

AngelaNH September 18, 2013

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “Having been 9 months old when I was first diagnosed with Hereditary Angioedema, I am still one of the youngest cases on file. For the past 40 years I have suffered with moderate to severe swelling attacks almost weekly. At times life was almost unlivable, and the pain was often excruciating. Cinryze has changed all that. There are no more trips to the emergency room, no more narcotics, or steroids that ultimately did nothing to stop the pain, nausea, and vomiting. I have a full life for the first time and I am grateful beyond words. Additionally, my 11 year old daughter, who also has Hereditary Angioedema, will not have to suffer the same way I did. In short, Cinryze has changed my life for the better.”

Anonymous March 3, 2011

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “I have had a reaction to this medication both times we have tried it with fast heart rate, hypotension, and nausea and vomiting. My symptoms were a little better after starting with Benadryl and Phenergan. I was taking Berinert on basis of about once a week depending on swelling. I didn't have a reaction at all with this medicine. My doctor has suggested that we go back to using the Berinert.”

fayeheis January 13, 2011

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “After suffering with this condition for 50 years, I'm very thankful this medicine is available and it works terrific.”

Anonymous May 31, 2010

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): “Well worth it.”