User Reviews for Benzalkonium chloride/lidocaine topical

Also known as: Bactine Max, Bactine Original, First Aid Antiseptic, Mercuroclear, A + D Cracked Skin Relief, Dr Scholl's Cracked Heel Relief

Bacterial Skin Infection 7.8

Tara C · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2020

“I get flares a lot from auto immune diseases and my hands get very painful. My hands will crack so bad that it looks infected. I tried a lot of things that worked but the healing was slow. I tried bactine max with lidocaine and the pain got 90% better in minutes and the redness and sometimes a little swelling if I had it would be gone the next day. I love this stuff. I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND THEY LOVE IT TOO”

Kasey March 8, 2020

Bactine Original (benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine) for Bacterial Skin Infection: “I have a bad habit of biting my nails, sometimes resulting in a hangnail and if I don’t watch it, it quickly turns into cellulitis. Only happens with skin breaks in my fingers, I’ve never been diagnosed with cellulitis anywhere else on my body. One infection I had a year ago was particularly bad, the tip of my finger was twice it’s size, very red and hot to the touch. I couldn’t get into the doctor for a couple days for antibiotics so I decided to use Bactine for the pain so I could sleep. The next morning, I was stunned that the swelling had gone down considerably and the redness was almost gone, pain was way down also. I kept using it the following day. Never had to go in to the doctor, it healed! I have been using Bactine faithfully at the first sign of soreness when these infections come up and I haven’t had a full blown infection since!”

Jjh · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2019

Bactine Original (benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine) for Bacterial Skin Infection: “I burned my finger on a hot tea kettle. I immediately applied a cold pack to it and got some relief, but soon after I removed the cold pack it began to hurt again. Then I remembered as a kid we used to use Bactine for burns. I searched through our medicine cabinet and found a bottle that had to be at least 20 years old. I wasn’t sure it would still work but I figured it wouldn’t do any harm. I applied it to my finger and the pain was gone in less than a minute. Wow! Later that night still no pain but I applied it a second time just for good measures. That was the last time I applied it and the pain never returned! Everyone should keep some of this stuff around.”

CindiJ1970 · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2018

A + D Cracked Skin Relief (benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine) for Bacterial Skin Infection: “I’ve tried A & D Ointment on several occasions since it’s widely used for healing for tattoos. Sadly one day I had a VERY BAD adverse reaction, where my skin started to slough off, and the plasma started oozing profusely! It was extremely painful and very irritated. Dr’s had no idea why I suddenly started having a bad reaction to the ointment after all the years of usage. But now I can no longer use any form whatsoever of A & D ointments for fear of reaction of respiratory problems, and additional seizure symptoms. I'm definitely allergic to it”

Anonymous December 7, 2009

A + D Cracked Skin Relief (benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine) for Bacterial Skin Infection: “I have severe cracked skin on my hands. I've tried many different products - my skin is extremely sensitive. This product helps heal my skin, does not sting and is not greasy (important when using for hands). This is the best product I've found for my condition, but it is hard to find - my drugstore can't even order it for me anymore.”

More about benzalkonium chloride / lidocaine topical

Other brands: A + D Cracked Skin Relief, First Aid Antiseptic