User Reviews for Azelastine

Also known as: Astelin, Astepro

Learn more about Azelastine.

Allergic Rhinitis 43 reviews 877 medications

8.3
Summary of Azelastine reviews 43 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Azelastine

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It relieves my sneezes and nose itching just ten mins after using it,unlike most oral antihistamins its the only thing that has worked for my rhinitis !It has definetly improved my quality of life .Just have ur head tilted to your chin to avoid bitter taste"

Pennyp33 August 14, 2016

For : "Can this spray cause while spots inside mouth"

Anonymous August 9, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "it does eventually work, but immediately after using it, it causes intense sneezing fits. also, it causes the most unpleasant post-nasal drip--and try as i may (holding head down, sniffing less intensely), there doesn't seem there is any way to prevent this..."

circe801 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Ive tried this for a month off and on. Have found some sinus relief for my non allergic rhinitis but seem to have what feels like my uvula is swollen and become very tired and feel difficulty swallowing. Still able to eat and drink but definitely notice a difference. Not sure if this side effect of medication."

456 July 11, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Mold, grass, oak, ash, cedar all give me fits (mold in particular). Two meds control it all effectively (Clarinex -- brand name only -- and Veramyst) but formularies from the Govt took them away. I'd hoped Azelastine would work for me. If continued allergies, burning nasal passages, headaches, constant dripping nose and runny eyes are the intended outcome, then .... So, I'm headed back to my allergist (EENT) to try something else."

5thGenTexan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have pretty much constant allergies - all year I'm sneezing and clearing my throat. That has completely stopped by taking this spray twice a day. I cannot say enough good things about it. I initially had the bad taste and minor stinging. The stinging went away after a few uses. The bad taste was due to me not reading the directions! It clearly says to tilt your head downward when spraying. I started doing this and have had zero aftertaste. When it is severe allergy season, I use this with Nasacort. Works like a charm. If you're on the fence about taking this, give it some time. You'll be glad you did."

Texfan (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had a very extreme adverse reaction to Azelastine. I took one spray in my right nostril. Immediately, I had intense nasal burning, terrible pressure over my sinuses and severe headache, muscle spasms in calves and shoulders, drowsiness, increased blood pressure. Days later I developed nerve irritation and occipital neuralgia and dizziness due to pinched nerves from the muscle spasms in my shoulders. My mouth became extremely dry with a bitter taste but luckily that only lasted a couple of days. The occipital neuralgia has been the worst part. It has been almost two weeks and I still have the neuralgia. Massage and stretching help relieve it temporarily but then the pain comes back."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "No positive effect whatsoever. If anything, it makes me feel more congested."

meno22645 February 10, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had sinus surgery a long time ago. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't!!! I have tried numerous meds and seen several doctors. MISERABLE was my first, middle and last name. Azelastine has been the best med this far. I do have as aftertaste but it's tolerable. I do experience some burning in my nose but it goes away quickly. I can't just depend solely on meds but must do my part. That is, wrap up when I go out into the cold and inclement weather. What's the use of using any meds if you won't put a hat on? That was some of my battle. "

Devonne8 January 10, 2016

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My Asthma and Allergist, prescribed this for me when continued use of Flonase was giving me nose bleeds. I took it the next day and never have again. I could not get the taste out of my mouth for half an hour no matter I ate or drank to get it to go away. I have a bad cold right now and the Flonase isn't doing very well, I'm considering trying the Astelin again but I don't know if the taste is worth it."

DoornK (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have battled allergies and sinusitis my whole life. I was prescribed this by a ENT and it's truly a blessing. No side effects only relief. I have tried every medication on the market and have had sinus surgery. This stuff is the best I've ever used. I just hope my sinuses don't build up a tolerance to it."

Finally Relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2015

For : "My primary care doctor prescribed this for my post nasal drip, nightly coughing, sneezing and congested sinuses. It has worked extremely well. I did try to cut back from the 2 sprays twice daily to one spray and all symptoms returned quickly! I have Epstein Barr so if I'm catching a cold, I do see my doctor if it hasn't improved in 3 days."

Not sneezy any more (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have suffered from severe allergies for about 15 years (Since I was about 12 years old). I have tried every kind of allergy medicine you could possibly think of from nasal sprays to eye drops to inhalers to oral medications and none of it even put a dent in my symptoms! I was prescribed this by an allergist two years ago and have never had my symptoms managed so well! This is truly a miracle worker for me! I take this twice a day and have zero allergy symptoms on about 98% of my days. Occasionally when the pollen count is super high, I may experience a slight itchiness in my eyes, but it is almost unnoticeable."

cmw8687 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I woke up, for several months, with bizarre facial pressure; my sinus membranes "in" my eyes, my maxillaries, etc... felt inflamed and throbbed, subsiding only with the next night's sleep.... I don't think that I had bonafide, bacterial-based sinusitis, since flare ups tended to abate within twenty four hours and seemed to follow strenuous physical exertion (e.g., running) and menstrual cycally driven hormonal fluctuations. I found minimal relief, for these episodes, through saline rinses (which seem to work well for standard congestion) and had already been prescribed other nasal sprays, including fluticasone. 90% reduction in monthly symptom days. 2 bad days per month, max. I've never written a product review."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I wanted to like this medication since it starts working within minutes compared to the days that nasal corticosteroids take to work. Unfortunately it would seem I'm in the small percentage that experiences pretty severe nasal burning/irritation from azelastine. I can't keep from blowing my nose to get it out of me as fast as possible."

M/K (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've suffered for years with allergies both seasonal/environmental and chemical. I carried Benadryl and hydrocortisone in my purse for years. I recently had issues with my ight hear with vibration and popping as well as hearing my inhalation through my nose in my ear. I also had awful post nasal drip year round for as long as I could remember. I went to an ENT doc and he prescribed me Astelin. I take one spray in each nostril in the morning and again at bedtime. I've been on it for about a month now and I have never felt better. The hives have decreased, my swollen hands have gone down and my ear is like new! I highly recommend this antihistamine nasal spray. Inquire with your doctor about it!"

Anonymous May 13, 2014

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Astepro has been a blessing to me. I have been a long time allergy sufferer. An ENT suggested regular dose of Allegra, Fluconase and Singular, plus I started allergy drops to begin building my immunity. This medicine regime seemed to bring everything more under control, except I began having a terrible cough it was more than a year and I finally told him I needed to do something about it. I had previously tested negative for asthma, but we tried an inhaler and Astepro (instead of the other nose spray). Wow, instant relief from the regular coughing due to the Astepro, the inhaler seemly offers nothing. I recommend this for coughing from post nasal or other allergy problems."

Suzyg110 April 10, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had sinus surgery after years and years of chronic infection and insomnia. Tried all kinds of medicine. The surgery was ok but did not solve the total problem. This spray may not be a miracle but it comes pretty close. After my annual, my doc said I'm still stuffy but I feel like I'm breathing better. I have had no side effects. Not even sleepiness. I take it morning and night. Immediate relief. Not perfect but better than nothing. I think someone with mild allergies would see immense improvement. "

sneezysmurfette (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2014

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Had serious chronic sinusitis with inflammation in the upper sinus and in the nose. The medicine helped significantly but I get a painful side effect, my whole upper muscles around the shoulders and neck became very tight, stiff and sore. "

body pain (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I use this Flonase and Claritn to keep my allergies in check. All three are essential in my regimen. Without it I am miserable. I have absolutely no side effects."

cmagouirk (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have dealt with allergies for the past 5 years and they are getting worse. I've tried everything under the sun, most over the counter, many prescription allergy medicines and sprays. Everything just helped slightly, until this. I cannot believe the immediate response. One spray in each nostril and I'm good for 12 hours. No itchy nose, no sneezing, no runny nose. I purchased a large 30ml bottle. Since I don't have to use every day, this can last easily 3-4 months."

iSurvivor (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2013

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have allergies along with daily vertigo. Not only did this extremely helpful with the allergies, it virtually eliminated my daily vertigo. My ENT recommended this for my vertigo mainly. I have noticed others complain about sleepiness. I only use this at night."

Not dizzy anymore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2012

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've had two years without the ear infections and sinus infections that I had prior to taking this. This has been a miracle for me."

Allergy Sufferer83 April 19, 2012

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have had Restless Legs since I was a teenager. All antihistamines aggravate this condition. Not Astelin, This is a dream come true to take care of my non-allergenic rhinitis, while not exacerbating my Restless Legs. Thank you so much."

billieglozer March 15, 2012

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Astepro works really well but makes me sneeze at least 7 times in a row before I get some relief. Also makes me sleepy so I don't use it until bedtime."

DeeWhyEss March 5, 2012