User Reviews for Azelastine nasal

7.2

Summary of Azelastine reviews 7.2 90 reviews

Reviews for Azelastine

Anonymous July 25, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have non allergic rhinitis and have anxiety so I can't use steroids so I thought I would give Azelastine hydrochloride a try. Because I've been through months of drugs that made me worse I was very cautious. So I put 2 squirts in my right nostril. Immediately the congestion was worse. So I waited and nothing. It dried my nose out so bad it would get stuck shut. I also woke up with a bad headache and tingling in my arms and dizziness. Probably from not breathing well all night."

Krissy · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Azelastine has worked at reducing my nagging post nasal drip, congestion and sinus pressure. I have several sinus infections each year and seasonal allergies, both with terrible post nasal drip, but certain OTC and RX oral allergy meds as well as nasal sprays such as Nasonex, nasacort and Flonase all gave me horrible heart palpitations, but thankfully the Azelastine does not. I have no side affects from this med at all, not drowsy, no headaches, it has done wonders for me, I highly recommend trying."

momofthree July 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have had post nasal drip for years and years. Finally put on this drug. first good night sleep in a long time!! I use it once a day (even though prescribed twice) and only at night so can't say how drowsy it makes me. my only complaint is it makes my dry eye worse. I have not had any of the other side effects that people are mentioning here. I was about to go on a sleep aid since I wake up coughing all the time but this eliminated that issue!"

E · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Immediate tiredness then very bad migraine lasted 24 hrs . I will try another time to see if this repeats w. migraine"

Mincolo · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had been using Flonase with incredible success, until I started getting nosebleeds. My ENT told me to stop with the Flonase and prescribed this azelastine. 2 sprays each nostril 2x per day. I used it this morning and it will definitely be the last time I ever do. The bitter taste was unbearable, but I should have read the directions for how to administer more closely. I'm sure I can figure out a work around for that. But not the headache. I am sitting here with a massive headache and groggy feeling that is literally wrecking my work day. As you can see I'm sitting her reading instead of getting any work done. This is one of the worst headaches I've had in a long time, and I just want to lay down on the floor of my office and go to sleep. I would highly recommend trying it at home during a weekend in case you have a similar experience."

Twinmom · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Suffered from near constant allergic congestion my entire life. Claritin D would bring some relief, but not good for blood pressure. Doctor prescribed Azelastine and I LOVE it! No more congestion, period. No side effects either; I haven't experienced the taste issues others report."

Florida Girl · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Horrible experiences used the nasal spray at 10pm and then had violent sneezing following by nose and eyes running after, headache pain so bad after lasted all night entire next day severe reaction. Irrigated with distilled water next day set nose on fire. Nothing helps except time READ all info before taking this. Happened in 2016, too won't try this drug again listed on allergies."

SufferingInTexas · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Just had to share my experience on this medication. I suffer from very bad post nasal drip. This has been the only thing that gets it to stop. Will say, the drowsiness on this medication is unlike anything I have ever felt. I took my dosage last night around 11. It is not 1pm the following day and I am still feeling like a sloth. It’s almost a feeling of being hungover."

Twin dad · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The first time I used it my allergies and congestion went away almost instantly. But what happened even faster was that horrific taste in the back of my throat. I have experienced a bad taste with Nasalcort as well but that was mild and went away within 10 minute. The aftertaste of this drug is probably 5x worse and lasted about 6 hours. Nothing I ate or drank would mask it. Second time I used it was about 15 minutes ago. This time it shot further forward onto my tongue and I’m really dreading this. If there was a way to stop the taste, the drug would be fantastic."

Missy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "My husband and I both used azelastine nasal spray with different results. He experienced the sneezing which others have referenced. Azelastine was a big help to me and allowed me to stop using Benadryl and headache meds for sinus headaches. But we both noticed after daily use that the drowsiness is debilitating so I use it 'as needed.'. The drowsiness is different than Benadryl and other meds....we felt it made us 'stupid'.....and made me question if it's in the class of antihistamines that crosses the blood barrier to the brain. I don't think it's in that class, but we felt like it should be because of the strong side effect. Still use it for relief on on bad days."

REC May 16, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been using this azelastine nasal spray and my runny nose and sneezing are still torturing me. It's hard to do my job when I am busy sneezing."

Dapple · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 9, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I think this azelastine nasal spray helps me cope with my seasonal allergies when taken in addition to another allergy pill. I can’t say for certainty that it works well because most of the time, I immediately sneeze every drop of medicine out my nose. A couple of minutes after using Azelastine it makes me sneeze, at minimum, 8 times. And I sneeze HARD. I have not figured out how to keep this medicine in my head. I’ve tried sniffing it at different angles, and nothing works. It makes my nose tingle and I have out of control sneezes until my nose & eyes are watering."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

Astepro (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works good. Had chronic sinus drainage was in bed 5 days. Went to clinic to see a sinus Doctor who said I have allergic rhinitis with severe attacks nose, throat, neck, shoulders, nosebleeds. They put me on a new spray. Hopefully works better than flonase. I can't stand it anymore. Even get "allergy shots", will get even stronger shots per doc. Texas is bad to live if you have allergies"

Chronic Allergies · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I tried this as a last resort. All allergy meds make me really moody, Zyxal makes me feel like I have no emotions and kills my sex drive and Flonase gives me a major bloody nose. So, this works but it makes me super spaced out and cranky. I will just be taking it before I go to sleep. That’s all I have figured I can do so far."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had taken several other nose sprays and oral medication. And this worked immediately and now I only take it when needed."

Eunice · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Using azelastine 3 days now, after I use it my nose is completely congested for about an hour then gets better. My Dr. gave me this with an antibiotic. I wouldn’t recommend it for congestion!"

Chris · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Was given this to assist with Flonase. Unfortunately, I only experienced side effects while on the medication and cut it out, ultimately, after realizing it was the cause. Side effects made both nostrils completely close up, and I would be unable to breathe through them for hours - it would also cause some slight swelling and itchiness. I recommend trying it, but if it's not helping right away, it won't suddenly start working. I was on it for over a year before giving up."

BP · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I want to give this medication a try based on the rave reviews, but this stuff makes me sneeze like crazy when I use it. And I mean these are BIG sneezes. one after another til I hit like 10. Then my nose runs for 20 minutes after. So, while I enjoy reading the rave reviews, I'm not so certain this is a "normal" side effect. I definitely don't sneeze like this on a normal basis"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I’m only giving this an 8 because I’ve been on it for 5 days. I was scheduled for major sinus surgery and rather than doing N.C. the surgery, I decided to see an allergist. He prescribed Azelastine and Singular. So far I’m experiencing incredible relief!"

Howe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2018

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: ""Year-round congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and sinus infections lead my complaints. I began Azelastine per my ENT's strong suggestion, and am now in my tenth month of use and feel virtually allergy-free. Most surprising for me has been the dramatically reduced congestion, something no antihistamine has ever done for me. And no side effects for me--a first among the most effective allergy meds I've tried--and no steroid worries. Actually makes me a bit worse for 5-10 minutes right after spraying, then rapidly better and hitting full stride for hours 2 - 10, sometimes longer. Mildly bitter taste until I improved my spray technique. I have rarely thanked a doctor so sincerely for recommending a med. I'll likely be using this spray and technique (1 spray/side, twice daily) every day for many years to come. How nice to breathe fresh air again, without drowsiness.""

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It doesn’t clear up my congestion so breathing at night is difficult. It makes my eyes dry especially at night and has a funny after taste. I’ve tried it for a couple of months. I used Flonase previously which worked better. Afrin spray pump spray works the best. Neither is recommended for long term though."

Rx boy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

Astelin (azelastine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "As a Pharmacist I tried everything I knew for chronic postnatal drip and dry (usually non productive)cough. No oral Meds and/or steroidal products rendered relief. I tried everything from older tried and true decongestant and antihistamine meds to the newer generation antihistamines and steroidal sprays. Antigen skin testing from my Allergist -negative. No itchy eyes or throat. It appeared to be non allergic (vasomotor rhinitis) that is often misdiagnosed by GP’s but common in millions of patients in the U.S. The result was immediate. 2 sprays in each nostril 2 x daily was like a miracle cure. Educate yourself about this condition that exhibits itself in a similar fashion to allergic rhinitis but is treated completely differently due to a completely different mechanism . You may want to see an allergist for the antigen skin tests like I did to rule out allergic rhinitis. Hope this helps. I have absolutely no financial stake in this product."

Howe June 26, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Year-round congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and sinus infections lead my complaints. I began Azelastine per my ENT's strong suggestion, and am now in my seventh month of use and feel virtually allergy-free. Most surprising for me has been the dramatically reduced congestion, something no antihistamine has ever done for me. And no side effects for me--a first among the most effective allergy meds I've tried--and no steroid worries. Actually makes me a bit worse for 5-10 minutes right after spraying, then rapidly better and hitting full stride for hours 2 - 10, sometimes longer. Mildly bitter taste until I improved my spray technique. I have rarely thanked a doctor so sincerely for recommending a med. I'll likely be using this spray and technique (1 spray/side, twice daily) every day for many years to come. How nice to breathe fresh air again, without drowsiness."

Christy · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "So I've been on this new nasal spray for 2.5 weeks and I've noticed some odd side effects. Mainly that my throat has been becoming increasingly itchy over the course of taking this medication. So itchy that I would wake up in the middle of the night because I'd be scratching my throat with my tongue during my sleep. In most recent days the itchiness has spread to my nose and I have to consciously make an effort to keep myself from scratching it in public. I've continued taking this medication because originally I thought maybe it was just allergies or hay fever but after switching back to Flonase the symptoms have subsided."

KateB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 20, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had three sinus surgeries and can not have anymore. My sinuses were out of control, running and dripping all over the place then within 24 hours of use of this medication, it was miraculous how it targeted my huge problem extremely effectively with far fewer side effects than taking orally...and works a 100 percent better.."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)