Uses of Xolegel CorePak:
- It is used to control seborrheic dermatitis.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Xolegel CorePak?
- If you have an allergy to ketoconazole, hydrocortisone, or any other part of Xolegel CorePak (ketoconazole and hydrocortisone).
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Xolegel CorePak?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Xolegel CorePak. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you use this medicine too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Do not put on cuts, scrapes, eczema, or damaged skin.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Xolegel CorePak is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use to treat diaper rash.
- This medicine may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Xolegel CorePak) best taken?
Use Xolegel CorePak as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Do not put on the face, underarms, or the groin area unless told to do so by the doctor.
- If using on the groin, use a little bit. Do not wear tight clothing.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not bathe, shower, or swim for 3 hours after putting on.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Weight gain.
- Change in eyesight.
- Very bad headache.
- Skin changes (pimples, stretch marks, slow healing, hair growth).
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Xolegel CorePak?
- Dry skin.
- Skin irritation.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Xolegel CorePak?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Xolegel CorePak, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Xolegel CorePak. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Xolegel CorePak.
Review Date: December 6, 2017