Generic Name: Sebelipase Alfa (se be LYE pase AL fa)
Brand Name: Kanuma
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 1, 2020.
Uses of Sebelipase Alfa:
- It is used to treat a rare health problem called lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sebelipase Alfa?
- If you are allergic to sebelipase alfa; any part of sebelipase alfa; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take sebelipase alfa with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sebelipase Alfa?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take sebelipase alfa. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Allergic reactions can happen with sebelipase alfa. Some allergic reactions may happen some time after sebelipase alfa has been given. Call your doctor right away if you have any signs that are not normal after getting sebelipase alfa.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using sebelipase alfa while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sebelipase Alfa) best taken?
Use sebelipase alfa as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Eyelid swelling.
- Runny nose.
- Fast breathing.
- Belly pain.
- Feeling agitated.
- Fever or chills.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Very bad headache.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Feeling irritable.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Pale skin.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
What are some other side effects of Sebelipase Alfa?
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Nose and throat irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sebelipase Alfa?
- If you need to store sebelipase alfa at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about sebelipase alfa, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about sebelipase alfa
Other brands: Kanuma