Generic Name: Vitamin A and Vitamin D (Topical) (VYE ta min aye & VYE ta min dee)
Brand Name: A+D Original, Baza Clear, Curad Vitamin A & D
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 29, 2019.
Uses of A+D Original:
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take A+D Original?
- If you have an allergy to vitamin A, vitamin D, or any other part of A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)).
- If you are allergic to A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)); any part of A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have a very bad burn or cut.
- If you have an animal bite or a deep puncture wound.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take A+D Original?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (A+D Original) best taken?
Use A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- If you are using under a diaper, change the diaper often. Clean the affected area and allow it to dry. Use the drug with each diaper changed, especially at bedtime.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of A+D Original?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out A+D Original?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about A+D Original (vitamin A and vitamin D (topical)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.