Xanax - if I take a 0.5 xanex in the morning can I drink later that night?

kaismama 9 Nov 2012

I really have a problem with people who want to mix alcohol with benzos. This is a dangerous practice. It can cause respiratory depression.

Anonymous 9 Nov 2012

What should I avoid while taking Xanax?

Do not drink alcohol while taking Xanax. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol. Xanax may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.

Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Xanax and lead to potentially dangerous effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit products with your doctor.

https://www.drugs.com/xanax.html

Take care,

maso.-

camoprincess55 9 Nov 2012

ive been one the same mg for like 2 years now my bodys used too it i was only gonna drink 1 wine cooler

kaismama 9 Nov 2012

The 2 together is not recommended, no matter how long you've taken it. I can't see a reason to risk problems just to have a drink.

MacIntosh12 10 Nov 2012

Hi camoprincess, I may get barked a new hair-do for this, as I'm going against what the consensus says, and what medical literature says.
IF you are benzo tolerant, been taking xanax for a long time, I think it would be OK to have ONE drink, and I'm not talking about a big ol' grey goose martini either, just one shot of liquor, one glass of wine, one glass of beer.
Xanax has a short half life, so it technically should be out of your system by the evening.
Yet, think of all the people that have died, recently, by mixing booze & benzos! The media has covered many deaths of the famous... just a reminder.

kaismama 10 Nov 2012

I just have a vivid recollection of being at a fraternity party years ago and a girl took a benzo and then was drinking. She stopped breathing and they came running for me. She made it with breathing for her until the ambulance got there.

Anonymous 10 Nov 2012

Hello camioprincess55. Yes you can. Is it adviseable, that depends on the individuals metabolizim. What may effect one person does not another. As a rule, most all psychiatric drugs are not taken on a daily basis with alcohol. Regards pledge