Will taking valium make you fail a drug test? If so what class are they considered?

Psychmajor 24 Dec 2009

benzodiazepines, valium is the longest lasting benzo you can take. I still believe this is the best one a person can take for anxiety disorders... (this can list 200 hours as metabolites in the body)

mitjason 24 Dec 2009

Diazepam has a long half life but it depends on what type of test they do. If they search for regular Diazepam the half life would be 30-60 hours(Making it a maximum of 120 hours until you pee it out.) If they search for Desmethyldiazepam which is a Diazepam derivative the half life is 20-100 hours(Making a maximum of 200 hours until you pee it out.) I hope this helps. Good Luck.

I forgot to mention that it's a scheduled IV (4) drug.) If you have a prescription for it you'll be fine if you show them that you are prescribe it. Good Luck