When you finish your avelox prescription, how long before it is how of your system.
Avelox has a half life of around 12 hours.
This means that every 12 hours, half of the previous amount of Avelox in the body disappears.
Other factors also play a role in eliminating a drug from your system.
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
It takes roughly 6 half lives for a drug to be eliminated from your system.
This is a long half life and you may have to wait around 3 days for the medicine to get out of your system.
- Avelox Information for Consumers
- Avelox Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Avelox (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 26 Nov 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 9 Apr 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 8 Jan 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 8 Jan 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 4 Sep 2016 • 1 answer