Skip to Content

What can I take for burning urination?

Responses (2)

DzooBaby 28 Feb 2011

You need to see your healthcare provider for a urine analysis to see if you have a urinary tract infection.

DzooBaby 28 Feb 2011

If you are unable to see a healthcare provider right away you can take an OTC medication called AZO Standard. It will help relieve the burning from a UTI but it turns the urine a bright orange and stains anything it comes in contact with-you will want to wear a thin pad if you are female to protect your underpants. It can cause staining in your toilet and on the toilet seat if urine comes in contact with the seat. It is very difficult to impossible to get the stains out once they occur. You are best off going to your healthcare provider to see if you need antibiotics for a UTI

Anonymous 28 Feb 2011

Hi Southernhottie,
DzooBaby took the words outta my mouth, Azo Standard, and as she warned, your lingerie will be horribly stained, so wear your fugly undies while using Azo. It is natural, and can be purchased at any pharmacy or supermarket.
And do get to your doc, sound like a UTI to me!
Best wishes,

smileyhappy 28 Feb 2011

You should get your urine checked out. Until then drink alot of fluids. Not cafeine, water, a good one is cranberry juice. Don't let this go. You probably need cipro or something similar. But start drinking because that will help flush it out. Good luck!

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions

Plan b cause frequent urination?

Posted 17 Jun 2015 1 answer

Can a UTI cause vaginal itching?

Posted 22 Jul 2015 1 answer

Can Linzess cause UTI symptoms?

Posted 3 Sep 2015 0 answers

Urinary/ Vaginal Problems.. At a loss?

Posted 23 Sep 2015 1 answer