Pravastatin sodium...why do I have to take pill before bedtime vs. in morning with my other pills?

kaismama 17 Feb 2013

That is a real good question since the info on it says to take it at any time of day without regard to meals. I'm on it too. I've always just blindly followed the drs directions. lol... guess its been ingrained in me to do what docs say, lolol... I have to go pick up meds this afternoon. If the pharmacist isn't busy I'll ask her.

suzanne66 17 Feb 2013

While you are sleeping your liver makes the majority of cholesterol, so theoretically it is best to take Pravastatin before you go to bed. That way your medicine will be working at the point when most of the cholesterol is being made.
In reality Pravastatin is long acting so can be taken at any time of day - but best to be consistent.
(Many statins are short acting and therefore need to be taken at night to be most effective. Because of this some doctors recommend all statins to be taken at night.)

Anonymous 29 Oct 2017

I take PRAVASTATIN SODIUM 80 mg right now I take it at bedtime I also take levothroxine which I 'm thinking about taken it at bedtime would it have any affect with taken the PRAVASTATIN IF i took them both at night