Allergy to sulfa drugs is a popular term for related medications. Once allergic: sulfites, nickel and even tea laurel sulfate (found in soaps, shampoos, etc.), can cause irritation or an allergic response. I have this allergy and over the years I have become quite allergic and have had to change shampoo, body wash, soap and so forth. No plated metals due to blistering. Also, they used to have a product that was used in salads to keep the lettuce fresh and it was widely used in restaurants. I would become ill with shooting diarrhea. A national law was passed during the 90's to no longer use this product because of the large number of people becoming ill.
Therefore, I suggest that anyone with an allergy to a sulfa medication, will find themselves allergic to the items above. Shampoo is the best to change out as I had thought I had itchy scalp and dandruff but it disappeared after buying sulfate free products.
Sulphur is the chemical on the periodic table. It is in all living creatures.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Jul 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 19 Mar 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 24 Feb 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 11 Jan 2015 • 1 answer
I'm not sure about the chemical make-up of the Sulfate part of this compound. My Epsom Salts package
Posted 30 Aug 2015 • 1 answer