Klonopin - is 2 mg of clonazapm a high dose?

Owlem 9 Sep 2013

I'm not a doctor, but in my personal opinion, I'd say it's a medium dose. I've taken Klonopin (Clonazepam) for years and met a lot of people who take it. I've had my dose adjusted over the years, I started with .5 went up to 4mg eventually, but now I take 1.5mg. It really depends on the person and their metabolism and their anxiety whether it's a high dose or not. I would talk to your doctor if you're worried, I think the main thing to remember with Klonopin is to never take more than directed and you'll be fine. I hope this helps.

486ocean 11 Sep 2013

Thank you so much for answering. I think I will continue to take the 1 mg before bed and I will wait and see if I need to take the other 1mg during the day. Some days the anxiety isn't so bad so I think I can go without it but at night I definately need it to sleep. Do you think that I will become addicted to it? OK, thank you again : )

ElizaJane23 21 Sep 2013

Addicted? No. Dependent on it? Yes. You only become addicted to it if you abuse it - taking more than your doctor writes for or in larger doses. Your body may become depending on it, requiring larger doses down the line. You would just need to spend some time gradually reducing your dose or try another med for awhile. I had been on 3 mg/day and now am on .5 mg/day - and have been on it for 20 years. Take care - EJ23

4N Substances 20 Sep 2013

Dear Ocean,
Hi, it's me again. Be careful fooling around with your doseage of Clonazepam. It can lower your seizure threshold. You should discuss this this with your Dr. If you have any questions, but don't use it irregularly.
Best Regards,
Frenchie