Hi, I am a 34 yr male, every time I've taken Viagra, it has caused a good amount of heart burn... Initially I didnt realise it but it lead to acid reflux, due to which I had recurrent episodes of severe sore throat. This was caused due to the burns the acid caused in the throat due to the reflux. Has anyone else noticed similar effects? Is there a way to curb the acid from rising up the esophagus or a remedy or medication that can be taken along with Viagra that can stop the reflux from happening or reduce the effects?
Sorry to hear of this side effect that you have with Viagra. I have had gerds for quite some time (years) and take one tab of omeprazole every day. I buy the generic on the shelf on sale at walgreens. This medicine takes care of my acid reflux very well. I also use Viagra but have not suffered like you. Not sure but possibly because I use omeprazole. I would consult with your doctor about the acid reflux and ask his or her advice. Good luck.
1. Split the dose
- I use this very often, and I see that by splitting a 100mg pill into 10 little parts, I can enjoy 10 times of usage with just the price of 1 pill.
- The side effects are very minimal, almost undetectable too.
2. Change brand name
- I used the blue pills in the past, but after visiting many different pharmacy shop I chose the cheapest one...
- So I changed the brand name many times, and I can tell the differences: Let's call them based on their color, they are all Sildenafil 100mg anyway: Black gives me best result with no side effects. Red gives me long term result with strong flushing but no heartburn. Blue gives me moderate result with heartburn.
=> By the way, each time I only consume 10mg. It is effective after 30~40 min and lasts 1 hour, which is already too good for me. If any more partners show up I can easily consume another 10mg without worrying about daily overdose or else.
- Viagra Information for Consumers
- Viagra Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Viagra (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 2 Sep 2009 • 2 answers
What if viagra is taken and not nessarally needed for erectile dysfunction? What could happen to the
Posted 26 Mar 2011 • 4 answers
Posted 17 Feb 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 22 Feb 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Mar 2014 • 2 answers