Is Alprazolam and xanax the same thing?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Ativan vs Xanax - What is the difference?

puckiemull 16 Jun 2011

Yes they are both benzodiazapines, used to treat anxiety and panic attacks.

mzchevy23 19 Dec 2017

I recently took a 3mg Alprazolam. I ran out of my xan prescription, a friend of mine let me try one of their Alprazolams but it kind of had an opposite effect with me from xanax (I did a little research on Alprazolam). It makes me anxious and i cant sleep. It worsens my anxiety.

Inactive 16 Jun 2011

I take xanax and yes they are the same.-

Brand name: Xanax.-
Generic name: Alprazolam.-

Take care.-

kkellie 16 Jun 2011

Exactly... you should have got a pamphlet with your script that says thats its "generic for xannax. and it should also say it on the bottle. Same exact thing its just one is cheaper than the name brand and hardly anyone gets "name brand" any more.
I take 1 mg of kolonopin 4x a day bot its actually chlonazaPAM but same thing and since ive been on it ive gotten 3 different looking 1 mg types of the med. It depends on what the pharmacy has on hand and what the doc prescribes

puckiemull 17 Jun 2011

Exactly Kkellie,well put,sorry to that person that my answer was short,i did'nt mean to sound rude.

kkellie 17 Jun 2011

hunnie bunny your not rude i was just "trying" to be edjamacational... lol

mzchevy23 19 Dec 2017