I just started zoloft and Im feeling really nauseous how long do these side affects last?

Anonymous 15 Jun 2011

Hello carisab. I was on zoloft, and yes was nauseous. It left me after several weeks. My dose was around 250mg. The nausea is a normal side effect. Try taking an over the counter anti-nausea medication, that might wishes to you.

LaurieShay 15 Jun 2011

Yep as Pledge shared the nausea is a common side effect and will get better with time. It may take a couple weeks though. Try to take the Zoloft with a little food and that may help the nausea. With continued use the nausea will subside, so hang in there!!

sweetie pie 17 Jun 2011

Hi carisab!, I remember having some mild nausea when I first started Zoloft some time ago, but it only lasted a few days. You may want to contact your doctor if the symptoms do not go away. You may either need something for your nausea( phenergan) or possibly have your medication changed. The nausea should not last more than a few days. Nobody wants to suffer with nausea that long and they do not have too! So please contact your doctor so that youi can get some relief. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I wish you the best. Let us know how you are doing. Sweetie Pie

AngieGutterman 19 Jun 2011

I wish I could answer that. I have been on it for one week and been terribly nauseous and suffer from sleeplessness as well. I was originally on zoloft about 5 years ago and it did very well for me and I do not remember suffering any side effects. I actually thought that I no longer needed Zoloft and went off for several months. Now, I am back and wish I never would have quit. If I find something that works for me, I will let you know. Good Luck!

02jeepgirl 4 Dec 2011

I just started taking Zoloft almost a week ago. I cannot sleep, when I close my eyes and lay down I feel like the room is moving. I feel nauseous and rapid heart beat. I wish I could tell you it will go away, I am new to it. But I really dont like it. I am thinking of calling the doctor Monday.

luminousbeam 17 Nov 2012

You might ask your doctor (regular doc if pdoc cannot) for Zofran to go along with your Zoloft. Only take the Zofran when you really need them and they should help your nausea.

Bg2112j 4 Oct 2016

I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago on 12.5 mg for 4 days and increased to 25mg for a week, then 37.5 for 4 days and I just started 50mgs last night. With every increase I have had the nausea and felt tired during the day and yawned a lot but all of this side effects subside right about when I'm ready to increase. The nausea is worse with the 50mgs so far but I don't think it will take long to subside. For the insomnia I take hydroxyzine which was prescribed to me for panic attacks but I have found that it works well for the restless legs and sleeplessness and I wake up only slightly drowsy.