Is there any harmful effect if you give neurobion injection via IV instead of IM?

kaismama 9 Feb 2013

I have never given multivits im or iv push. We always mixed them in 1000cc of iv fluid. I can't find anything specific to neurobion.

vicky_711 9 Feb 2013

I actually mix it with nomal saline before giving it as IV push because I'm is very painful and creates a numbness afterwards. Is it okey like that, will it give harmful effect if indicated as I.M. ?

DzooBaby 10 Feb 2013

Yes, the manufacturer states that this medication is NOT to be used intravenously. See below:

Neurobion ampoules must not be administered by intravenous injection.

kaismama 11 Feb 2013

Where did you find that. I looked all over and found only for regular multivits.

vicky_711 12 Feb 2013

DzooBaby thanks,, I ask one pharmacist and he told me that it has a Lidocaine content that may cause harm to the heart if directly given IV. :)