* For treating anemia due to insufficient iron (iron-deficiency anemia) in adults: 50-100 mg elemental iron is given three times daily. For children with iron deficiency anemia: the dose is 4-6 mg/kg per day divided into three doses. Treatment is usually continued 6 months to build up the body’s iron reserves. Two to three months of treatment may reverse anemia without rebuilding the supply of stored iron. Iron deficiency due to ongoing uncontrolled bleeding requires continuous iron therapy.
* For improving thinking skills in iron-deficient adolescents: 650 mg ferrous sulfate twice daily.
* For reducing cough associated with a class of blood pressure medicinces called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: 256 mg ferrous sulfate daily.
Hope the info is of help to you? However it would be better to seek medical help, best of luck!
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Consumers
- Ferrous Fumarate Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ferrous Fumarate (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 20 Nov 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Nov 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 15 May 2011 • 3 answers
Iron Deficiency Anemia - My daughter age 32 has had extreme fatigue and feeling ill for four years,?
Posted 25 Jun 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Jul 2016 • 0 answers