How effective is the Birth controle patch Ortho Evra on the very FIRST week? They said after the first week its 99.9% protective against pregnancy. And to wear a condom the first week or another back up method. On the first week if he came inside of me whats the risk? What percentage? My boyfriend and I just got so wrapped up. He was so passionate. Making love in the dark with candles and being so gentle you forget about everything except eachother. He came in me durring the first week of the patch. How effective is it on the first week? How effective is it on the first day if he cums in me on thst day?
How effective is the Birth controle patch Ortho Evra on the very FIRST week if he cums in me?
- 22 May 2013 by calumthiele
- 22 May 2013
- ortho evra, birth control, pregnancy, patch
Added 22 May 2013:
I did not do the period week first day start. I did a normal first day start.
I may be old now, but I was young once, and I never got so involved in the goings on to not think about pregnancy. These are pretty important things for you to think about before you alter your life. It depends when you started the patch when it is safe. If you start it on the first day of your period you are safe from the beginning. If you start it on the Sunday after your period starts its after 7 days.
If you started mid cycle then you have no protection the first week. Do you think this stuff is magic? It takes time to work. It is best to start it either Day 1 of your period start or the first Sunday after. Hormonal birth control methods work by preventing ovulation. It takes time for the hormones to stop ovulation. In your first week of use, the hormones have not had enough time to work and if you were ovulating then you could get pregnant. If you would have started at Day 1 of your period, then the hormones would be working by the time your cycle got to ovulation and it would prevent it so you wouldnt need back up. If you start any other time of the month, it takes a week for it to work. You didnt give it enough time to work. I have never been so wrapped up that I didnt think of pregnancy either. That is just cop out BS to tell yourself that. You knew you were risking it and you chose to go ahead and risk it. Now you are worried. Chances are good that you didnt get pregnant but you were no more protected than as if you were not using anything. There is about a 15-25% chance of becoming pregnant in each ovulatory cycle: So that means there was a 75% to 85% chance that you didnt get pregnant. So keep using your patch and if you are ever in a position of risk again, use your brains and insist on a condom. Sex with candles and sweet gestures is just as good if he wears a condom or not!
- Ortho Evra Information for Consumers
- Ortho Evra Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ortho Evra (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 5 Aug 2013 • 1 answer
Ok I just got birth control n Im using the ortho evra PATCH. I started it exactly 1 week ago n my bf
Posted 29 Oct 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 27 Dec 2013 • 1 answer
Ortho Evra - I took my patch off on sunday and was week 1 due to put week 2 on but I didnt as me and
Posted 19 Mar 2015 • 1 answer
Ortho Evra - I started evra this month. I'm on my week four, patch off week. I think I may possibly?
Posted 29 Jan 2016 • 0 answers