Can keflex be used for strep throat?

Anonymous

Hi,,Yes you can use keflex

I am not a Doctor.

Treatment of Strep Throat

The cephalosporin antibiotics such as cephalexin (Keflex, Keftabs, Biocef) and cefadroxil (Duricef)are about three times more effective and three times less likely to fail --in eradicating strep than penicillin.

I hope I have been of some help.

Good luck..from a caring individual

Anonymous

Cephalexin
is used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. It belongs to the class of medicines known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth.
However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections...

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=keflex&is_main_search=1#ixzz0sre8pQRf
Your guess is as good as mine? It's not wise to take prescribed drugs for
things there not made for. Good luck on you decision