Buspirone - Does anyone else have sweating at night while taking Buspar?

Penrod63 11 Mar 2019

Sweating has not been an issue for me. If you are fairly new to the medication, it takes about 6 weeks to really start getting the effect. I am on week number 6 now; and, I still gets some strange symptoms once in a while. Some I attribute to anxiety. Some I would attribute to getting use to this med. I have never been on any kind drug before; so, every little initial side effect can make you a little panicky. Stay with it , if you can, to make sure you are giving it a fair shot. Hope you do and get well. Feel free to reach out any time!

cgail0181 11 Mar 2019

Thank you... I have been on it for 5 weeks now. I take 7.5mg twice a day. I have tried other meds and I am really sensitive to them so my doctor wanted to try this one to see what happens.

Pic25 11 Mar 2019

I haven’t had sweating at night either but everyone is different! At first it made me have crazy vivid dreams! I tried a few SSRI’s and they had the opposite effect on me, that’s why my doc tried this. I take 15mg 3x a day. It does help! Good luck, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

cgail0181 15 Mar 2019

Did anyone have muscle pain or muscle spasms while taking buspar?

Pic25 15 Mar 2019

I feel like when I first started the drug, I would have a few twitches here and there! But I’m not sure if it was stress or the medication. I’m hyper sensitive to my body and medication so I think that I was nervous about it working or if I was going to have side effects. But that all did go away.

cgail0181 15 Mar 2019

Yeah I am anxious about it working too, I think it is me too cause I can't take many meds and I guess I am thinking I can't take this one too. I am going to try and hang it there cause today my anxiety isn't the greatest:( So hopefully soon I will be getting the full effect.

Pic25 18 Mar 2019

How are you feeling now?

Laylamae 18 Mar 2019

Yes I sweat at night a lot!! I’ve been on buspar for 4 years.

WildcatVet 18 Mar 2019

I've been on buspirone for over four years and I've never had this side effect... or any side effect. But sweating IS a known side effect for some people:
"Dermatologic
Common (1% to 10% of users): Sweating/clamminess

GMc 18 Mar 2019

I have been on buspar for about 3 years now. It is a medication which has really helped to keep my anxiety under control with the least amount of side effects. In the beginning, I got dizzy about 30 minutes after I took it, but it subsided. I don't remember having a problem with sweating with it. It took a few weeks to really be fully effective.

AffGirl 19 Mar 2019

Yes I wake up soaked! I have to change PJ's and lay on couch. If I fall asleep there again I wake up soaked. Buspar is only med I've added so it has to b the cause. I like the help of the medication but I dont know how much longer I can deal with sweats... good luck

JessGK88 24 Mar 2019

Yes. I take Buspar for 3 weeks and I still sweat and I hate this.

Lay1253 8 Aug 2019

I just started taking it and i seem to be sweating more than normal after taking it although its only been a few days

MuseMyself 10 Aug 2019

Yes, unfortunately that is one the side effects I have as well. I was on a generic before, this one the pharmacy can’t tell me what it was because, their new contact. That worked better no nightsweats I also, ate less.

Iceman2020 10 Jul 2020

I was born with the condition of over sweating, and Ever since I've been taking this medication, I'm experiencing extreme over sweating..

LuluGuess 10 Dec 2020

Ok, I’m so glad I found this post! Ever since I started I’ve been having the worst night sweats! Never had them before this medicine. I went and had blood tests to make sure it wasn’t hormones or anything else. Everything came back normal, so it has to be the Buspar. It’s helped me so much with my anxiety, that I hate to quit, but the sweating is getting ridiculous!