Did anyone have a salty, metallic taste in mouth from Wellbutrin?

Anonymous 3 Nov 2012

I took Wellbutrin for a long time, and never experienced what you are experiencing.

I checked the list of possible side effects and it is not listed and it has not been reported as of now.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/wellbutrin-side-effects.html

Take care,

maso.-

Anonymous 3 Nov 2012

Gastrointestinal
Gastrointestinal side effects have frequently included dry mouth (12% to 28%), nausea (9% to 15%), constipation (7%), diarrhea (9%), bloating (7%), cramps (7%), anorexia, vomiting, dysphagia, increase in appetite, taste perversion, abdominal pain, and dyspepsia. Bruxism, gastric reflux, gingivitis, glossitis, increased salivation, mouth ulcers, stomatitis, thirst disturbance, increased salivary flow, and flatulence have been reported infrequently. Edema of the tongue, gustatory disturbance, colitis, esophagitis, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, gum hemorrhage, intestinal perforation, pancreatitis, stomach ulcer, and stool abnormality have been reported rarely.

Anonymous 3 Nov 2012

Forgot, inform your Dr. about what you are experiencing.

RonMan 3 Nov 2012

I had that for about 2 days, asked the doctor and he said it would go a way, it did on the third.

Ask your doctor. My case may have been different.

RonMan

karenina11 8 Dec 2012

I did!! I've taken Wellbutrin for a week (low dose, 100mg BID) and have just randomly gotten a funny, metallic taste in my mouth. First few days, in the morning, I has to ask my husband "did I make terrible coffee?" Coffee tastes fine now, but I did wake up in the middle of the night, last night, feeling like I'd sucked on a nickel! Nothing a glass of water or juice won't help with, though!