Is alprazolam used for vertigo?

Inactive 17 Nov 2012

Hello sholle. Yes, it can be. Since Vertigo causes severe panic/anxiety and Alprazaolam is created and used for panic/anxiety situations. Regards pledge

Inactive 17 Nov 2012

Hello sholie,

No, it is not , plus alprazolam is very addicting.

Alprazolam is used in the treatment of anxiety; depression; panic disorder; tinnitus; dysautonomia and belongs to the drug class benzodiazepines.

Click on the link for a list of medications for Vertigo:

https://www.drugs.com/condition/vertigo.html

Take care,

maso.-

papasam 18 Nov 2012

Yes it can be used for the treatment of vertigo. It works to treat anxiety which can be a major cause of vertigo.

erical 3 Jan 2014

It absolutely works for Vertigo. I have a swollen nerve in my brain causing an equilibrium imbalance, which made me unable to walk or function at the age of 27. I am now 30. I went to neurologists, ENTs, had 5 MRIs, balance function tests, hearing tests, a spinal tap and a great deal of blood work. Steroids were unable to shrink the nerve that caused the "vertigo like symptoms". Valium did not help me or any other medication. I have been on Alprazolam (Xanax) for three years now and can function day to day. So, before you call Alprazolam a drug only used for anxiety do your research, it absolutely changed my quality of life. If you call that addicting than I suppose you are addicted to food, water and shelter.

cocod3144 5 Mar 2014

Xanax is used to treat vertigo. I have three children and was unable to function or care for my kids before being prescribed this medication. Take it at night before you go to sleep. It changed my life.

Jennykaye 30 Jan 2018

I currently suffer from chronic vertigo. I am in the beginning stages of seeing an ENT doctor and a neurologist. Currently I find if I take 2mg xanax before I go to bed it keeps the vertigo under control. If the vertigo appears when I wake up in the morning I will start with 1mg xanax and go up there from there to subside the dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Dr.'s have yet come to a conclusion on what is causing this severe vertigo. CT scan has come back normal. MRI is next.

randyrhoden4 9 days ago

I too suffer from vertigo, almost on a daily basis and I accidentally found out how Xanax can help with the symptoms of vertigo when I took it for something else and it cured the symptoms of my vertigo. I only take it when it gets bad but it helps tremendously.