When after stopping Cymbalta do withdrawal symptoms peak?

sheila7281 24 Jul 2013

This varies from person to person. This is not an easy withdrawal. When your head is pounding so much and you feel you can not last stick with it. Try to keep your mind busy. I found the "brain zaps" to be worse when was not keeping busy. My doctor had me taper down some then we stopped. it took almost 2 weeks for the pounding to lessen and another couple weeks for the symptoms to go away. But it will get less. After awhile I only noticed on the way home for work and at dinner time. I really believe no matter what dose your own withdrawal is withdrawal and getting the medication out of your system just takes time and a lot of patience. Do not be discourage for this will not be easy but you will get better!!

Sheila7281

brokenheart12 24 Jul 2013

Thank you. It sounds awful.

lady2882 24 Jul 2013

The withdrawal symptoms will peak from 5 to 8 days off and stay steady at that level for 10 to 14 days off. By day 18 off you will notice some improvements and it will get better from there.
Make sure you drink plenty of water and try not to let yourself get overtired. Dehydration and fatigue will make the side effects worse.
Sheila is right about keeping yourself busy to distract yourself from the zaps and other side effects. Exercising helps too.
Some common withdrawal symptoms are: nausea -get something for that; itchiness - get an antihistamine for that; dizziness - take your time getting up.
Most people are okay in 3 to 6 weeks.
If it is bad then go online and find cymbaltawithdrawal dot com. It's a great support group with lots of information and everyone is getting off or are off the med.
Hope this helps

brokenheart12 24 Jul 2013

Thanks. Lots of good advice.

darknesofnight4u 1 Aug 2013

Ive been wondering the same I get intense migraines its been 3 days they are horable and intense

brokenheart12 4 Aug 2013

If you are still having bad withdrawal symptoms or they've gotten worse. You are not imagining things, it's probably the Cymbalta withdrawal. Get help from your doctor or someone close to you.
Hope you feel better :)

darknesofnight4u 5 Aug 2013

thank you i have they think that my birthcontroll was making it worse

lady2882 5 Aug 2013

I had very Intense migraines for quite awhile after stopping cymbalta.