Isoptin SR Dosage
Generic name: verapamil hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablets
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Isoptin SR safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Isoptin SR.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dose of ISOPTIN SR should be individualized by titration and the drug should be administered with food. Initiate therapy with 180 mg of sustained-release verapamil HCI, ISOPTIN SR, given in the morning. Lower, initial doses of 120 mg a day may be warranted in patients who may have an increased response to verapamil (e.g., the elderly or small people etc.). Upward titration should be based on therapeutic efficacy and safety evaluated weekly and approximately 24 hours after the previous dose. The antihypertensive effects of ISOPTIN SR are evident within the first week of therapy.
- Isoptin SR Side Effects
- Isoptin SR Drug Interactions
- Calan (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Calan SR (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Covera-HS (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Verapamil dosage information
- Verapamil consumer information
- Verelan (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, delayed release pellets dosage information
- Verelan PM (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, extended release dosage information