Generic name: abacavir sulfate and lamivudine
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Epzicom safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Epzicom.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- A Medication Guide and Warning Card that provide information about recognition of hypersensitivity reactions should be dispensed with each new prescription and refill.
- To facilitate reporting of hypersensitivity reactions and collection of information on each case, an Abacavir Hypersensitivity Registry has been established. Physicians should register patients by calling 1-800-270-0425.
- EPZICOM can be taken with or without food.
The recommended oral dose of EPZICOM for adults is one tablet daily, in combination with other antiretroviral agents.
Because it is a fixed-dose combination, EPZICOM should not be prescribed for:
- patients requiring dosage adjustment such as those with creatinine clearance <50 mL/min,
- patients with hepatic impairment.
Use of EPIVIR® (lamivudine) Oral Solution or Tablets and ZIAGEN® (abacavir sulfate) Oral Solution may be considered.