User Reviews for Isentress

Learn more about Isentress.

HIV Infection 10 reviews 63 medications

9.1
Summary of Isentress reviews 10 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Isentress

Review by Kent806: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: I have been POZ for 6 years. In the beginning nothing seemed to work and all the side effects destroyed my quality of life. Three years ago I argued with my doctor and told him I was tired of conventional therapy that only made me sick and allowed my viral load to slowly get worse. I had to somewhat stubbornly tell him I wanted Insentress along with Intelence and as a concession to him agreed to add Kaletra. My Viral load went undetectable in 90 days and has remained there all with zero sides.

January 30, 2014 6:31 PM
Review by misskwiss: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: I've been taking Isentress for over 5yrs. I've been undetectable for approximately 3yrs. While my HIV seems to be under control, I'm finding some of the side effects are hindering my quality of life. I'm in pain every day. I've lost just about all of my body mass in the leg, arms and hip areas. I have extreme body fat in my stomach and abdominal region, also have an increase in fatty deposits in my uppermost back just below my neck. No matter how much weight I lose the stomach area remains the same. I'm a female who was once curvy and now I look deformed.

November 25, 2013 1:58 PM
Review by JohnnyRF (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: I started Isentress twice a day along with Truvada once a day and my HIV Load was 28,000 and CD4% 31%. After 40 days my HIV load is <20 and CD 4% 32.7. Excellent improvement considering I have experienced ZERO side effects and all other lab work came out well. I am 49 yrs old and very active.

August 29, 2013 2:34 PM
Review by RADuda (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: Works great. No problems.

March 16, 2013 4:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: So far, my experience has been a good one. This is my first time being on any medication and my biggest fear was the possible side effects. I have had a slight headache (once or twice), and dizzy a few times. I will take these side effects any day over some of the ones I've seen from other patients. Overall it has been a good experience!

June 19, 2012 1:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: Very easy for take, no side effects. Great anti-HIV medicine.

September 30, 2011 1:38 AM
Review by Relieved to off Isentress:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: I had a horrible experience with Isentress. I felt lousy and developed fevers. Once the fevers started I began having trouble urinating. That progressed to not being able to urinate at all. I had to be seen in the ER to be catheterized. Once I stopped taking Isentress the fevers went away, the catheter was removed and I can urinate normally.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2011 2:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: I am so happy today because I was pregnant and it was 50/50 either my baby can also have it. I'm on my seventh month but with the help of my therapy I took the medicine seriously and now I have my baby and he is negative and I look good too. If I don't tell you am sick with HIV you will never know.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 22, 2010 11:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: Fantastic so far. Relief of side effects almost immediate. Two smaller pills instead of four larger ones. Still waiting for first post-change blood test.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2009 1:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Isentress (raltegravir) for HIV Infection: Awesome. Very easy to tolerate and works great.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate