User Reviews for Isentress

Learn more about Isentress.

HIV Infection 12 reviews 67 medications

9.2
Summary of Isentress reviews 12 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Isentress

For HIV Infection "Great medication! Zero side effects so far, and it (along with Truvada) took me from a viral load of 65,000 to undetectable in just a month. This is a miracle drug for me."

Anonymous74 May 22, 2015

For HIV Infection "Came off Atripla due to "slight" potential for resistance to the part that affects the CNS. So having resistance testing done can pay off..Plus I had real problems sleeping when taking Atripla. I was only on Atripla for about 5 weeks while awaiting resistance test results. then within 30 days on the new Isentress and Truvada my Viral Load went from 45,000 to 125 and my CD4 up from 670 to 1,000 plus. So Atripla helped get me there but the new treatment has no side effects on me. I now sleep so well. Bliss! While I get the medicine for about $40 per month in Australia I have to get BOTH Truvada and Isentress total $80. It is very expensive if I am caught short working on a project overseas, like $500..for a months supply."

Orangoz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2014

For HIV Infection "I have been POZ for 6 years. In the beginning nothing seemed to work and all the side effects destroyed my quality of life. Three years ago I argued with my doctor and told him I was tired of conventional therapy that only made me sick and allowed my viral load to slowly get worse. I had to somewhat stubbornly tell him I wanted Insentress along with Intelence and as a concession to him agreed to add Kaletra. My Viral load went undetectable in 90 days and has remained there all with zero sides."

Kent806 January 30, 2014

For HIV Infection "I've been taking Isentress for over 5yrs. I've been undetectable for approximately 3yrs. While my HIV seems to be under control, I'm finding some of the side effects are hindering my quality of life. I'm in pain every day. I've lost just about all of my body mass in the leg, arms and hip areas. I have extreme body fat in my stomach and abdominal region, also have an increase in fatty deposits in my uppermost back just below my neck. No matter how much weight I lose the stomach area remains the same. I'm a female who was once curvy and now I look deformed."

misskwiss November 25, 2013

For HIV Infection "I started Isentress twice a day along with Truvada once a day and my HIV Load was 28,000 and CD4% 31%. After 40 days my HIV load is <20 and CD 4% 32.7. Excellent improvement considering I have experienced ZERO side effects and all other lab work came out well. I am 49 yrs old and very active."

JohnnyRF (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2013

For HIV Infection "Works great. No problems."

RADuda (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2013

For HIV Infection "So far, my experience has been a good one. This is my first time being on any medication and my biggest fear was the possible side effects. I have had a slight headache (once or twice), and dizzy a few times. I will take these side effects any day over some of the ones I've seen from other patients. Overall it has been a good experience!"

Anonymous June 19, 2012

For HIV Infection "Very easy for take, no side effects. Great anti-HIV medicine."

Anonymous September 30, 2011

For HIV Infection "I had a horrible experience with Isentress. I felt lousy and developed fevers. Once the fevers started I began having trouble urinating. That progressed to not being able to urinate at all. I had to be seen in the ER to be catheterized. Once I stopped taking Isentress the fevers went away, the catheter was removed and I can urinate normally. "

Relieved to off Isentress January 18, 2011

For HIV Infection "I am so happy today because I was pregnant and it was 50/50 either my baby can also have it. I'm on my seventh month but with the help of my therapy I took the medicine seriously and now I have my baby and he is negative and I look good too. If I don't tell you am sick with HIV you will never know."

Anonymous April 22, 2010

For HIV Infection "Fantastic so far. Relief of side effects almost immediate. Two smaller pills instead of four larger ones. Still waiting for first post-change blood test."

Anonymous December 31, 2009

For HIV Infection "Awesome. Very easy to tolerate and works great."

Anonymous December 16, 2008