User Reviews for Efavirenz

Also known as: Sustiva

Learn more about Efavirenz.

Nonoccupational Exposure 1 reviews 24 medications

HIV Infection 1 reviews 66 medications

7.6
Occupational Exposure 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Efavirenz reviews 2 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Efavirenz

Review by The other just me:

Sustiva (efavirenz) for HIV Infection: This is my 4th day on Sustiva. I've experienced drowsiness, mental confusion, anxiety and sleeplessness. I have to get used to not eating before taking as eating prior to, only makes those symptoms worse. I've developed a habit of bumping into things and when I drive, I'm not driving as I usually do, it's a little bit over the road, so be cautious with heavy machinery. The symptoms usually die down within 2 hours of my awakening and I feel somewhat like my old self. Like I said, it's only been 4 days, so hopefully, these symptoms will subside as I continue to partake. I definitely do not recommend drinking anything other than water with this medicine. The effects are way too powerful. One last thing, be careful with your steps, I fell at work.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2012 8:52 PM

Sustiva (efavirenz) for Nonoccupational Exposure: Upon starting Sustiva, I noticed that I felt very dizzy and somewhat drowsy, as if I had just drank 2 or 3 glasses of wine within about 30 minutess of taking the medication. Also, it gave a similar confusion feeling. After going to sleep - it is recommended that you take the medication on an empty stomach and just before going to bed, I woke up without any hangover, drowsiness, or dizziness the next morning about hours later. I did have a little bit of nausea, but nothing that eating didn't resolve.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate