User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Also known as: Xarelto

Learn more about Rivaroxaban.

Rivaroxaban review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Embolism.

Reviews for Rivaroxaban to treat Pulmonary Embolism

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): I've been taking Xarelto for 1 month now for pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis. I haven't experienced many side effects. It seems to be working great except my period is extremely heavy and I'm taking an iron supplement.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2014 10:09 PM
Review by Dusty3481: User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): Was given Xarelto in hospital and released. Two days later I was back in the hospital with lung pain and more blood clots. This medicine did not work on me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2014 1:13 PM
Review by wdhh: User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): Xarelto has been great for my pulmonary emboli. It is easy to take without monitoring, as reduced the clots quickly and has little restrictions.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 18, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by Eddie D.: User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): I love this medicine. My sister had a pulmonary embolism and had to take Coumadin, with shots and weekly blood tests. After my P.E., I take Xarelto and have for 5 months. No issues. If I get a cut, it clots just fine. No doctor visits. No blood tests. A miracle for thrombosis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2013 10:34 PM
Review by zeemumbai (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): On Xarelto 15mg 2X a day since pulmonary embolism. Very pleased as it allowed me to released from hospital less than 24hrs after admission. One particular side effect: I am experiencing vivid dreams since going on Xarelto. Looking forward to getting off as soon as possible, but I am grateful that I am not on Coumadin or Lovenox.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2013 6:40 AM
Review by Anabella12550 (taken for less than 1 month):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): Was placed on Xeralto 15mgs twice a day for my pulmonary embolism on 7/30/2013. The one thing that no one informed me about was how it was going to change my menstrual flow. It was so heavy that I began to get concerned as I was soaking an overnight pad every two hours. Try going to work with that business happening and trying to be productive. It is a good thing that the first time I went through it I was still on leave from the initial hospitalization.

August 20, 2013 9:46 AM
Review by pastor headley (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): Have a pulmonary embolism, been on Xarelto since January 27 2013. No problems, make sure you have your doctors do a creatinine test to adjust your Xarelto. God bless.

April 20, 2013 11:54 PM
Review by Zardine (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): My embolisms were discovered November 1. I was put on Warfarin but it was hard to get my blood to regulate and I didn't like the blood work. I began Xarelto on December 7, 2012. I have had success and my doctors are very pleased. No new embolisms have formed. I did have upper stomach pain this week but I also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome. Today I feel fine. I have not had any bleeding or bruising .

March 3, 2013 10:28 AM
Review by Mistymh: User Rating:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban): So far so good.

January 24, 2013 1:32 PM