User Reviews for Flecainide

Also known as: Tambocor

Learn more about Flecainide.

Paroxysmal Supravent...ular Tachycardia 3 reviews 1 medications

8.4
Supraventricular Tachycardia 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Flecainide reviews 67 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Flecainide

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been treated for AFib for about 6 years, after a long episode resulted in an ER visit. My dosage was raised to 100mg x2 per day after a short period of 50 mg, which didn't entirely prevent Afib. I have experienced some blurring of vision, dizziness, and fatigue, but have always dismissed as minor. I am starting to exercise more and am worried that the medication will prevent me from getting enough air/oxygen in my system."

Ardobeltza July 27, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am a 59 year old female and have been taken off of Flecainide (100 mg./day) after using it for 5 months since my occasional afib episodes stopped. I was advised to stop drinking alcohol by my electrophysiologist since he was convinced this was my trigger. I did for a while, but then started having a couple of drinks a few times a week. In the past few months, I have had 2 episodes and now use the 'pill in the pocket' method to stop them. I thank 'googling' for even knowing of this method since my doctor didn't tell me about it until I brought it up, however he did say it was fine to do and recommended taking 2 of the 50 mg. pills at one time. Within 1 hour, both times, my heart reverted back to its normal rhythm and I had no ill effects."

rozebot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2015

Tambocor (flecainide) for Atrial Flutter: "Kept me in regular sinus rhythm but after three years on the med I failed a stress test due to QRS widening, a potentially fatal heart rhythm irregularity. Doctor states it was caused by the medication"

cv1 May 22, 2015

Tambocor (flecainide) for Ventricular Tachycardia: "I have been on Flecainide since 2008 for Afib and I am very pleased. I would suggest trying this before a Defibulator or letting them do Ablation."

Patriciads627 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have been taking 2 per day, 50 mg tablets for about 3 years. Irregular heart beat and high pulse rate with even brief exertion have been essentially eliminated. My life is much more comfortable and much less worrisome. I do believe my vision has become somewhat more blurry, but the + outweighs the -."

Anonymous May 7, 2015

For Atrial Flutter: "Works Wonders!"

SgtOxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "On occasions taking Flecainide triggers my atrial fibrillation. It's quite immediate, about 1-2 minutes after taking the medicine. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I just wonder if I should stop taking it."

csong October 28, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am a 58 year old female who had two afib episodes in a 6 week period that did not stop until I was converted back to sinus rhythm in the ER. I had been on Metoprolol for two years but after the second afib incident, I was also put on 50mg of Flecainide two times a day. I have had no side effects except a lower heart rate, therefore my Metoprolol dosage had to be adjusted down to 25 mg. a day from 50."

rozebot (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "My pac's started up about 10 years ago and 18 months ago I developed Atrial-flutter and Atrial-fibrillation. I had an ablation for flutter but still had A-fibrilation. This medicine scared the heck out of me after reading about it online. I decided to trust my EP and give it a shot. It's been 3 months since I started and no A-fibrillation. My Pac's have nearly gone away as well. I used to get 500 skips in a day but now I only feel one or two total during the course of a week. I feel great and hope it keeps working. After I started taking Flecainide, I did have about 10-14 days of mild side effects (tired, headache, indigestion-bloating) but feel completely normal now. I have much more energy and psychologically I am very upbeat. My heard beats normally now, it's awesome!"

AshfordB September 24, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been dealing with atrial fibrillation for about a year and a half now and it stinks. I've had the surgery where they go in and sap the connection in your heart but it didn't fix it. Helped a little but I'm struggling getting some atrial fibrillation symptoms so my Dr put me on flecainide first 50mg 2 times a day than a 100 MG twice a day. A 100 mg worked for awhile(3 mths) but now around an hour or two before my 2nd dose of the day I start having symptoms, very sad don't know what to do. Medicine does seem to work for the most part."

Jimt1122 August 29, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been experiencing increasing episodes of atrial fibrillation over the past 8 months, going from one or two "blips" a day to recently probably 70% of the time! Not debilitating, but annoying. Doc put me on two 50 mg flecainide per day. I started yesterday, and so far so good. Not a single episode and so far no noticeable side effects, but then today is my first real "day" on the medicine. I resist taking anything for systemic problems like this, but if it can have this dramatic of positive effect with no side effects, I'm all for it."

Allaflutter (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I had an episode of atrial fibrillation once in 1979, once in 1999 and once in 2009. A cardiologist then said I was to take Flecainide if I had another episode. I woke up one night in 2011 with atrial fibrillation so I waited one hour as instructed and then took two Flecainide tablets, The fibrillation stopped an hour after I took the tablets.There were no side effects. Another cardiologist has recommended that I take Flecainide and the blood thinner Pradaxa next time atrial fibrillation occurs."

Moneybags June 22, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Flecainide caused increased incidents of atrial fibrillation. Each time I visited the doctor with increased incidents, he would increase the dosage until I finally figured out that the flecainide was the cause. Stopped taking the medicine and the incidents decreased."

LA2 June 9, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation: "36 yr old male; Athlete; Lone atrial fibrillation; year and a half on Felcainide. The medicine works but episodes of Atrial fibrillation still occur just not as bad and not as often. Because I'm an athlete my A-fib episodes occur more about 2-3 time a month, sometimes just once a month. Some last a few hrs but some last up to 24 hrs or more. I still exercise but not when I'm in A-fib cause it causes shortness of breath. Note: my episodes don't really feel like I'm at a 180 bpm at rest. They just feel like I'm out of rhythm at a normal rate but of course this is me checking my pulse without a EKG."

valman (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 10, 2014

For Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia: "I've had Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia for 4 years. It got so bad I was in incessant PSVT, one episode right after another for hours at a time. Had two cardiac ablations. I've been on other meds, like Cardizem, Toprol. Nothing works to stop PSVT like Flecainide. I only take 50mg once a day, instead of the usual 50 mg twice a day and that works for me with no noticeable side effects. Without it, I would have to get a pacemaker."

PSVT for Four Years (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have Lone Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation, and was having monthly 12 hour episodes very symptomatic, shortness of breath pounding in my chest, fatigued but all self terminating. I went on 50mg twice per day flecainide in February 2012, which kept the thing at bay for 6 months, but in August 2012 had a 12 hour episode, my dose was then upped to 50mg 3 times per day which I space in equal doses throughout the day so as not to get flecainide highs and lows in my bloodstream and so far have been 13 months free of the dreaded thing, oh yes I also take 2.5mg of bisoprolol fumarate once per day and 75mg dispersable aspirin once per day. So as far as I am concerned its a wonder pill. Before this I was getting more and more depressed with the episodes."

Mick N September 4, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "This medicine works in 20 minutes for me. Too bad more doctors aren't familiar with it. Even some of my own cardiologists never prescribed it; took 15 years of lone atrial fibrillation and one savvy old cardio doctor in the ER one night to make life easier. Now I don't leave home without it."

Beth H. July 27, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I've suffered with Atrial Fibrillation off and on since 2004. Today was the first time I have tired Flecainide. It took 1 1/2 hours to work. I didn't have any side effects other then feeling a little tired. I seem to get atrial fibrillation every other year when I drink or eat something really cold. This episode was brought on by a cold glass of milk. I was in A Fib for 8 days, next time I'll take a Flecainide. I am not a pill taker and I refuse to take these on a day to day. It will only be as needed."

Robyn8 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I am 55 male, my Atrial Fibrillation was getting worse, then on Oct 2012, I did not feel very well, so walked to the ER to have them take a look. Well, they said my heart rate was 170 and irregular, so they kept me there for 2 days, giving me medicine to slow it down. Then discharged with Diltiazem once a day. After 2 months, doc said let's try to fix the rhythm with cardioversion, so he gave me blood thinner for a month, and Flecainide 2 days before the cardioversion. On the day I was supposed to be cardioverted, my heart was back to sinus rhythm due to Flecainide. So doc told me to stay with Flecainide 100mg twice a day. Been 2 months now, feeling good, always in sinus. Tomorrow going to see doc and ask him if I can go with 50mg twice daily, or entirely off."

Ken Best (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Tambocor (flecainide) for Ventricular Tachycardia: "I have been taking Tambocor for 2 years and it had been been effective with little to no side effects. As long as you do not have heart disease or blockages."

Gar Mac January 8, 2013

Tambocor (flecainide) for Atrial Flutter: "Several times my heart went into palpitations due to over-exercise or stress; within 4 hours my heart returned to normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2012

Tambocor (flecainide) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I used it for 6 years. After 3 years I started having peripheral vision problems of tiny white moving spots. I assumed it was an eye problem, but my ophthalmologists didn't see a reason. It is a side effect of this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Started taking Flecainide in 2008. Doctor suggested 100mg twice a day to control Atrial Fibrillation. I asked if I could take 1/2 a pill twice a day (50mg x 2). Even though he said it wouldn't be enough, I wanted to try the lower dose. My theory was that if I have to take a medicine, the least amount that would serve the purpose would be preferred. He agreed to let me try the lower dose. The only time I've had atrial fibrillation since is when I forgot to take the medicines. Four years on Flecainide, so far so good, with no noticeable side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Completely eradicated vagotinic atrial fibrillation. No side effects. I am a healthy, athletic, active male who has been diagnosed with lone vagotinic AF. I initially tried the "pill in the pocket" approach. I was so good at predicting my occurrences, I coordinated with my Doctor to use as prophylactic medication. I still have occasional PVC's, but they are less frequent. So far a smashing success. Key point: talk with a cardiologist before embarking an any treatment!"

Swimmerman (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have had AF since very young. In 2003 episodes began to occur almost daily. Was given Flecainide and after 6 weeks I was a different person - I had forgotten what it was like to go each day without even a skipped beat. I even exercised daily, quite hard too with no problems. Unfortunately, after 6 years, I started experiencing "side-effects". I was actually suffering from a Broad Complex Arrhythmia brought on by Flecainide. I had to stop them and now on Bisoprolol. Am now awaiting a PVI ablation"

BC20 April 18, 2012