User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Also known as: Xarelto

Learn more about Rivaroxaban.

Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 1 reviews 3 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 4 reviews 40 medications

2.3
Summary of Rivaroxaban reviews 62 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have terrible headaches after 2 weeks. Some are so bad I vomit and have vertigo. Other days I will have head pain for 12 hours or more. At least 3 headaches a week now."

A M T February 7, 2016

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I have my second dvt and have been on rivaroxopan for almost five weeks. I'm grateful my leg is less painful and I believe it's working however I have experienced bleeding of the gums unprovoked and also had my first ever nose bleed in the night, never had one in 48 years!! I'm on 20 mg once a day so I think it's making my blood too thin!"

Sue plo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I had my first PE in both lungs after having myomectomy surgery. Did not know I had a clotting condition. Was experiencing shortness of breath and low energy which I thought was iron deficiency so I went to the ER. CT scan proved PE. After being on a heparin drip 24hrs, the Hematologist prescribed Xarelto and I was released the next morning. Side effects so far after 4 days are: tingling in calves and knees, heavy menstrual bleeding. My period ended 2 days prior and this drug brought it back extra heavy. Bummer!"

Maryland31 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "In my case, I believe that Xarelto keeps any injury from healing in a timely manner. A scratch that would normally disappear in a week or two lasts months for healing. It worries me even though several doctors from different specialities have said there is no connection here."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: "I was put on Xarelto in July of 2015. I had my a very large blood clot that covered my whole left leg.. I took the drug regularly not missing a pill. I had another ultrasound droppler done on the same leg just week ago and I have another blood clot in same leg. Now this drug says your not suppose to get any more blood clots while on the drug. Well it never worked for me..."

DDJJ November 22, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Xarelto probably saved my life from a stroke with a fib. I feel great on a high dose....I adjusted well and feel better than before I started it. I don't fear a stroke anymore with Xarelto."

Skyrae November 19, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: "I had been on warfarin for 15 yrs due to DVT in each upper arm 3 yrs apart. I was absolutely fine on it except INR was up and down due to healthy diet! Dr told me about this amazing wonder drug rivoroxban and that nothing interacted with it. So on her advice started taking it! Worse decision I ever made!!! fainting spells, I was admitted to A E with haemorrage of my uterus! Itching like you wouldn't believe! This drug needs banning on women of child bearing age!!! Its dangerous! I have been on this drug exactly 4 months and have decided to go back on warfarin tomorrow!! I can't wait. Never mend something thats not broken. There is no antidote for this drug yet! Its like walking round with a loaded gun! dangerous!"

Anonymous November 15, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I have been on Xarelto for three years now with not one single problem"

caunck (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I wouldn't even give this medication a 1 if I had a choice. I had my first DVT at 16 yrs old and just suffered another one at 21 years old a few months ago. I was prescribed the Xarelto pill and, 3 weeks later, suffered such severe internal bleeding as well as hemorrhaging externally that I almost bled to death. Luckily, the doctors performed 3 emergency surgeries that saved my life. I wouldn't recommend this medication to any females since I have yet to hear a bad case happening with males (but I could be wrong)."

LadyLuck25 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Bruising is common. I have lower back soreness and right leg hip area pain. Some leg weakness in the afternoon and evening. No reason to stop the medication in my opinion. I have had kyphoplasty and gall bladder surgery, and the medication was stopped temporarily for both. No adverse reactions."

OldRN56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Had dvt in my calf, had a couple of clots get stuck in my lung 2 weeks after starting xeralto. Now after 2 1/2 months on it I get headaches, dizzy, light headedness, weakness in legs and arms and tingling in arms and hands. I had to leave work today because I was so weak. Going to have doc take me off it."

Anonymous October 1, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: "I just had open heart surgery in late July 2015. Nobody told me that a 'side effect' of the surgery was atrial fibrillation. It took over a MONTH for the Docs to tell me this, then put me on amiodarone (antiarrhythmic med) and Xarelto. Not sure if the Xarelto is causing the issue, but I think it is! I have been on the drug for less than 2 weeks, and now have several issues surfacing like tidal waves: Inability to control my hands while typing *80 wpm down to MAYBE 30 on a good day; bloodshot eyes that are only getting worse, purple veins protruding from my thigh skin that were never there before, pain in my liver... I could go on. This is scary and I can't see my cardiologist for a week"

Concerned & Suspicious (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism: "Had dvt in which I was prescribed warfarin for. The constant blood tests were a nightmare as I am extremely hard to get blood from, sometimes taking more than 10 tries. The bruising from the thinners and punctures from blood tests, I was a bruised mess. Had a PE a year later in January 2015 after being taken off warfarin that almost killed me. I was devastated to think I will have to take warfarin for the rest of my life. The pharmacist in the hospital told me about xarelto and I was so happy. They proceeded to put me on xarelto. I am experiencing occasional headaches /migraines and I get extremely faint/dizzy while standing up. A small price to pay to be able to eat whatever I want and no constant painful blood drawing every few weeks!"

Mikey81 August 4, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I am taking Xarelto for a small PE (rt. lower lobe) detected upon battery of testing for origin of a "black out" I experienced. (The PE just happened to be detected and is considered not to be the source of blackout.) So, I am sensitive to drugs, in general. I am on the 2nd week or so of 1/day of 30mg. I experience bizarre dreams and seem to be in a light sleep. I have insomnia w/ the drug. I also feel "whacked out", post even 20 hrs. after ingesting it. In essence, I KNOW that I have taken a drug. I sometimes have to take a nap; I feel better after doing this. I am hoping that my body acclimates to X, but am realistic. I am also hoping/praying that I only have to be on X for 6 mos. I know that there are alternatives."

PolishGirl2 August 3, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I was in the hospital this weekend for a PE left lung and pneumonia in my right. Completely unsymptomatic except for a very unusual episode of vomiting with chest pain. Have a PICC and doc was concerned it may have become dislodged, so to the ER we went. The whole PE / pneumonia thing is still utterly unreal to us - still in a daze, trying to figure out what it means for lifestyle changes. Since they switched me from Coumadin IV to Xarelto in the hospital I have had a non-stop awful migraine, upper back and neck pain (muscular), some upset stomach. My lower jaw and teeth hurt - something I've never experienced as I have no cavities at age 47; I can empathize with my husband's toothaches a bit now, unfortunately. Awful."

PoohyBear (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I have been on Xarelto for 8 months after a PE experience due to thrombin 3 deficiency. My only issue is heavier that normal bruising - I am very active."

Bud 63 July 9, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: "Put on Xarelto 2 mos ago. for dvt in left leg. 3rd such occurrence. Have a genetic disorder for blood clots. Only had mild headaches. As for the stomach problem, after reading info on this drug found out it has lactose in it. So being lactose intolerant I bought some pills for this condition, and take it before I swallow my pill. Works fine. No more stomach problems. My one concern here is when I cut myself I do not bleed anymore than I did before. So am wondering if this med is working for me."

MrSkittles July 7, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I had two instance of DVT getting to my lungs. Almost killed me. I was on warfarin the first time for 6 months with no side effects. I have been taking xeralto 20 mg for about a month now. I am having insomnia, upset stomach, and occasional muscle cramping in calves and ankles. However, I do not have to go the doctor once a month to have blood tests and I do not have to manage my eating habits so closely. So far I am a fan, albeit a sleepy one."

Bid Daddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "Had bilateral acute PE. Barely a month has passed but I think I am doing okay with Rivaroxaban. I experienced a very heavy menstruation and still have laboured breathing here and there but apart from that, I am happy with the medication. I am now back to work on a part time basis (very supportive employer) and hopefully will be strong enough to be back on full time soon."

Milly Picton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "I was feeling a sharp right calf pain for about three days and thought it may be a Charlie horse. Decided to go to the er and bam!!!!! Dvt. Huge clot but below the knee. Was admitted for two days heart rate went down to 38 close calls but thank God I am here. Have been on xarelto for 8 days now and not one side effect. Just hope it gets me through and helps my body dissolve the clot ASAP. Xarelto works for me."

lucky man (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I am 39 and was given Xarelto for Pulmonary Embolism. I have experienced nausea, dizziness, dreams and mild headaches. Not sure this medicine is for me. Back to doctor on Monday."

tameads (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "This my second DVT in 5yrs, I'm only 26 and its from a genetic disorder. I took warfrain the first time around and er doctor gave me xareltro this time. I was thrilled due to no strict diet, constant finger pricks, etc. However from day 1 of xareltro I had horrible headaches that I could not get rid of. I took my dose with dinner and if we had a late dinner, after 7, I would get vivid dreams that left !e exhausted I'm the morning. It caused two ocular migraines, which I have never had which scared m cause I though I was going blind!! I was also hallucinating at all times of the day. I'm back on warfrian now all sideffects have stopped! Loved the promise of xareltro but belive it needs more testing!!"

young with 2nd DVT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: "I had knee surgery on October 13 ,2014, not even two weeks later on October 24, I collapsed in my kitchen struggling to breathe. The paramedics thought, because of my age, that I overdosed on pain meds. Once they got me to the hospital I went into cat scan and ended up coding and dying. I was dead for 25 minutes. Obviously they found out both of my lungs were FULL of blood clots, they couldn't understand how I was even still alive or had made it that long without having any symptoms or problems. Dr. Barton of Thibodaux, Louisiana saved my life by putting me on Xarelto. It is now April 21, 2015, and my insurance won't pay for it anymore so now I'm switching to Warfarin. I'm very unhappy with the switch, no complaints about Xarelto though."

Miranda age, 18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Two DVT and life situation had my docs place me on Xarelto. I've had all the side effects migraines non stop for a month. The lower dose helped but still vet them every couple weeks. Hair falling out in clumps dizziness at the start. Heavy periods but that ended with move to an IUD. Still for the side effects the lack of blood testing and with my high stress life thankful for these meds. But look forward to being off them."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2015

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: "Don't like it my legs hurt I'm dizzy I won't to stop taken it seeing all the commercials doctor says my dvt is a thing of the past but he keep me on it till august going to get a second opion"

Ivory sanders March 15, 2015