User Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Also known as: Xarelto

Learn more about Rivaroxaban.

Atrial Fibrillation 5 reviews 33 medications

Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 1 reviews 4 medications

7.2
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 1 reviews 13 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 3 reviews 39 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rivaroxaban reviews 30 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Rivaroxaban

Review by blood clots:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery: My Dr switched me from Lovenox to Xarelto 21 days ago. So far I feel better. I've used injections since early 2005. I'm still evaluating and paying close attention for any negative side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 4:44 PM

Review by Tsunamijim (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: DVT in ankle, then again in other ankle then one in knee. Tried Warfarin with many headaches, stopped on my own due to the side effect. That's how the DVT came back. Went to Coumadin and the difference was Coumadin gave me a consistent test result. Still the headaches almost daily. From minimal to taking 800 mg of ibuprofen, just to get rid of the pain. Already allergic to peanuts, then restricted by medicine with no greens or cranberry. Really tough to find a good meal. Begged my doctor for a prescription before it was approved for DVT and that could be part of my positive reaction. Now on Xarelto for 2 years, headaches once in awhile - maybe due to medicine but not consistent enough to believe. Eat anything and everything.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Sarah v:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: I am a 39 year old woman with a history of DVT who switched from warfarin to Xarelto . Shortly after starting the medicine I began to experience migraines for the first time. After two weeks of being on it, I began my menstrual period as scheduled. The period was severe bleeding 6 days straight, at that point I went to the ER, I ended up with several blood transfusions that were not helping, my hemoglobin was dropping to dangerous levels. The only thing to be done was an emergency uterine ablation. I believe that blood levels DO actually need to be monitored. My blood was so thin I was not clotting.

June 29, 2014 5:29 PM

Review by VFC:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: No side effects, except one incidence of dizziness that passed quickly.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by blackdogs:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: Had a Pulmonary Embolism in March 2014, I am happy with Xarelto in that it is a pill I can take without weekly blood work. My only complaint is that I am losing my hair in clumps! I tell you it is like I am taking chemo or something. I used to have very thick long hair and now my hair falls out horribly in the shower, when I brush it, all day long on my clothes, in the car whatever. Hair loss is not currently listed as a side affect but I called the 800 number of the company and put in a complaint about it as many others have.

May 27, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Sav31 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: I've been on Xarelto 20mg a day for a year now, after I was hospitalized with a clot in my lung that came up from my leg. I've got no side effect at all.

March 5, 2014 6:37 PM

Review by NCYankee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: Doc put me on this after finding a small blood clot in calf after TKR. First month was not bad but after that, my upper stomach started to hurt off & on all day, every day; migraine headaches every night; insomnia every night and horrible itching at site of incision; bleeding hemorrhoids also. Had a Doppler taken after 2 months and it did not find any clots. Dr took me off of Xarelto cold turkey. Very frightening because I was told you should be weaned off of it but doc seemed to be ok with immediately stopping. It has been 4 days since I stopped and all the above symptoms went away, thank goodness.

February 24, 2014 9:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: I've been taking Xarelto for 1 month now for pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis. I haven't experienced many side effects. It seems to be working great except my period is extremely heavy and I'm taking an iron supplement.

February 16, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by Dusty3481:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: Was given Xarelto in hospital and released. Two days later I was back in the hospital with lung pain and more blood clots. This medicine did not work on me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by RichardTheo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: Was on xeralto for three months and enjoyed the freedom from warfarin...BUT went back to warfarin because head aches, constant sore upset stomach, weird dreams and hallucinations at night...Three weeks off xeralto and back on warfarin am feeling normal again...Just me and if xeralto works for you stay with it...

January 17, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by wdhh:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: Xarelto has been great for my pulmonary emboli. It is easy to take without monitoring, as reduced the clots quickly and has little restrictions.

December 18, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by Eddie D.:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: I love this medicine. My sister had a pulmonary embolism and had to take Coumadin, with shots and weekly blood tests. After my P.E., I take Xarelto and have for 5 months. No issues. If I get a cut, it clots just fine. No doctor visits. No blood tests. A miracle for thrombosis.

December 17, 2013 10:34 PM

Review by zeemumbai (taken for less than 1 month):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: On Xarelto 15mg 2X a day since pulmonary embolism. Very pleased as it allowed me to released from hospital less than 24hrs after admission. One particular side effect: I am experiencing vivid dreams since going on Xarelto. Looking forward to getting off as soon as possible, but I am grateful that I am not on Coumadin or Lovenox.

December 9, 2013 6:40 AM

Review by Galarza:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: Good

December 8, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by SalesRD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: Last summer I was placed on Xarelto after a dermatologist botched my laser leg vein surgery and caused a DVT. I am an otherwise healthy 50 year old woman. I did not want to go on Coumadin as I am familiar with the side effects and monitoring required. I was sick on Xarelto the entire time, and the minute that I stopped it, most of the side effects went away. It took about two weeks for all side effects to subside. Side effects included migraine headaches (first time in my life), sharp pins and needles pain in hands and fingers, swollen joints especially finger joints, muscle cramps-especially legs and toes etc.

December 6, 2013 8:16 PM

Review by The B:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: I was on Coumadin from 2008 to 2012 following a stroke, and was very difficult to regulate with lots of bruising and constant visits to the doctor. Xarelto has given me my life back, and I feel GREAT! I've had zero problems with the drug, and no bruising or bleeding. I think I feel so much better and happier because I'm not constantly worried about my PT/INR level and what I'm eating.

November 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Review by Anabella12550 (taken for less than 1 month):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: Was placed on Xeralto 15mgs twice a day for my pulmonary embolism on 7/30/2013. The one thing that no one informed me about was how it was going to change my menstrual flow. It was so heavy that I began to get concerned as I was soaking an overnight pad every two hours. Try going to work with that business happening and trying to be productive. It is a good thing that the first time I went through it I was still on leave from the initial hospitalization.

August 20, 2013 9:46 AM

Review by MLSW (taken for less than 1 month):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: Since taking Xarelto I have had 3-4 vivid dreams/nightmares per night that were very work specific-strenuous and exhausting (not frightening) and I awaken in the morning exhausted from all the effort put forth in the dreams.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2013 10:23 PM

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: Serious allergy developed.

July 29, 2013 1:43 PM

Review by Starr2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: I was on Coumadin from 2008-2013. I am now 28 years old. Imagine how I react when I go to a Dr, get told about Xarelto, that I do NOT need to see my doctor weekly-biweekly, and I CAN EAT GREENS! It was a miracle for me. Yes, the bleeding risk is still there. But a once daily pill for my chronic recurrent deep vein thrombosis verses modifying multiple times my Coumadin based on fluctuating INR levels is a God send. My PCP was about to put me on the similar Xa-inhibitor medication but this came out. Off to enjoy sauteed spinach!

July 23, 2013 11:14 PM

Review by forno mama:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: Some itching with this but so glad not to go for blood work and to be able to eat whatever I want. Cardiologist put me on this in January as I was on warfarin since Dec 26. This doc does ablations for Atrial fibrillation (and teaches fellows also) and this is what he wanted me to take. Little bruising, minor bleeding when brushing, nothing significant. I also take amiodarone for the Atrial fibrillaiton.

June 29, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Eniarter (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Atrial Fibrillation: I missed two doses of Xarelto and had a Mini stroke which doctors say came as a result of the missed doses. You must take this medicine every day. It does not build up in your system over time.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2013 10:11 AM

Review by pastor headley (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism: Have a pulmonary embolism, been on Xarelto since January 27 2013. No problems, make sure you have your doctors do a creatinine test to adjust your Xarelto. God bless.

April 20, 2013 11:54 PM

Review by Spinache (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: I have not had any problems with any possible side effects listed. I can eat greens! No PT-INR tests every month. So far I am very happy with Xarelto.

April 7, 2013 1:15 PM

Review by Tsunamijim (taken for less than 1 month):

Xarelto (rivaroxaban) for Deep Vein Thrombosis: Treated with Coumadin for 3 years. Stopped Coumadin 2 days ago. Started Xarelto last night 20 mg once a day. Maybe it is the excitement of being off Coumadin, but today is the first day I feel normal. No headache, No light headedness, No Fuzzy head, was not tired in the middle of the day. Coumadin really made me feel different. I thought it was just getting old. Also my eyes feel clear now. First thing I did last night was drink two glasses of cranberry juice. It was great. For lunch spinach in my sandwich. Wonderful. Looking forward to not seeing my doctor to draw blood every month. Might even get back into some low impact sports in the afternoon before dinner.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2013 8:11 PM