User Reviews for Multaq

Atrial Flutter 2 reviews 24 medications

Summary of Multaq reviews 15 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Multaq

Review by Christianmama (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Atrial Fibrillation: This medication worked for about a month and then I started have more episodes of Atrial Fibrillation in between doses. It made me sick to my stomach, nauseous, and with bad stomach ache.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 12:39 AM

Review by Snookie Snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Atrial Fibrillation: Have taken Multaq 10 months. Still have about 14 missed beats a minute. Some weakness.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 12:50 PM

Review by Dellyoh:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have been on Multaq for 4 years with no apparent side effects. I have been free of atrial fibrillation since. Now my new insurance has denied me use of the medicine.

April 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Review by cat1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have hot flashes, stomach issues, pressure in my head/ears when standing, and falling asleep much too easily.

August 26, 2012 11:18 AM

Review by billsett:

For Atrial Fibrillation: Have been on Multaq since Sept. 2009 and it has worked very well. Had one brief ER visit after forgetting to take a dose on time, and one brief episode of tachycardia after drinking too much Espresso. My pulse is slow and steady, blood pressure is low and I have no noticeable adverse effects as long as I take it with food to avoid intestinal discomfort. It's important to know that Multaq works very well for some people and not at all for others (typical with anti-arrhythmic medicines) and that it is not safe for patients with heart failure or permanent atrial fibrillation.

January 29, 2012 8:08 AM

Review by Miss G.:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have been taking Multaq since July, 2010 and found that my heartbeat has never been so regular. I had A-Fibrillation and was cardioverted once and since then I have been very normal thanks to Multaq. The only side effect I have noticed is occasional light-colored, soft stools.

November 16, 2011 1:33 PM

Review by Elizabeth V.:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have been taking Multag along with Diltiazem for a year. I have been able to maintain a normal heart rate. There have been no side effects. The only drawback seems to be the cost. This is not on most insurance companies formulary list. Your doctor must put through a special authorization request. The cost is high. Without insurance it's about $300 for a month's supply. Because my doctor's authorization was honored, I pay $123 a month. I put through a request to Sanofi-Aventi citing personal hardship and asking for a reduction in price from them. So far, I have heard nothing from them. Although it's a hardship for me, I pay the price for one simple reason -- it works.

October 10, 2011 2:14 AM

For Atrial Fibrillation: Have used Multaq for almost 2 years. No side effects. I have noticed life is good (normal. Thank you Multaq.

July 22, 2011 1:31 PM

Review by Tommy T2u:

For Atrial Fibrillation: For 4 months, Multaq and Lopressor together have maintained normal sinus rhythm for me. No serious side effects.

July 19, 2011 6:17 PM

For Atrial Flutter: still had recurring a flutter

March 7, 2011 1:03 AM

For Atrial Flutter: Worked very well at the start, but after 1 month I was back in Atrial Flutter. Had no side effects at all. Now Doctor is putting me on Flecainide.

February 27, 2011 1:24 PM

Review by VANURSE47:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I just turned 47. I started taking Multaq in January after having 3 ablations and trying numerous medicines that made me feel like crap. The one thing I have noticed now is that if I forget to take it when I should, my heart actually starts to ache. My initial heart rhythm was PSVT prior to my first ablation.

August 18, 2010 4:49 AM

Review by afib-davey:

For Atrial Fibrillation: Started on Dronedarone 2 months ago after failures with Propafenone, Sotalol and Ablation procedures. To date Dronedarone has been totally ineffective.

April 13, 2010 10:48 AM

Review by lucyc:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I am taking Multaq for 5 months. I suffered from atrial fibrillation and skipped beats. I am AF free for the first time in 5 yrs. The only side effect is diarrhea.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2010 8:31 AM

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have a pacemaker and a recent stent in a 90% blocked artery. Since I started taking Multaq only one episode of Afib and no notable side effects experienced.

December 8, 2009 1:46 PM