User Reviews for Multaq

7.1
Atrial Flutter 2 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Multaq reviews 16 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Multaq

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking multaq since 2009, I can no longer afford it. I am also a diabetic so I take insulin my prescriptions are quite expensive. I will take it until I run out then I will hope for the best. I can't pay my living expenses and afford insurance copays and meds. So I will take care of my normal living expenses."

kjmason (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation "This medication worked for about a month and then I started have more episodes of Atrial Fibrillation in between doses. It made me sick to my stomach, nauseous, and with bad stomach ache."

Christianmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation "Have taken Multaq 10 months. Still have about 14 missed beats a minute. Some weakness."

Snookie Snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been on Multaq for 4 years with no apparent side effects. I have been free of atrial fibrillation since. Now my new insurance has denied me use of the medicine."

Dellyoh April 10, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have hot flashes, stomach issues, pressure in my head/ears when standing, and falling asleep much too easily. "

cat1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation "Have been on Multaq since Sept. 2009 and it has worked very well. Had one brief ER visit after forgetting to take a dose on time, and one brief episode of tachycardia after drinking too much Espresso. My pulse is slow and steady, blood pressure is low and I have no noticeable adverse effects as long as I take it with food to avoid intestinal discomfort. It's important to know that Multaq works very well for some people and not at all for others (typical with anti-arrhythmic medicines) and that it is not safe for patients with heart failure or permanent atrial fibrillation."

billsett January 29, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking Multaq since July, 2010 and found that my heartbeat has never been so regular. I had A-Fibrillation and was cardioverted once and since then I have been very normal thanks to Multaq. The only side effect I have noticed is occasional light-colored, soft stools. "

Miss G. November 16, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been taking Multag along with Diltiazem for a year. I have been able to maintain a normal heart rate. There have been no side effects. The only drawback seems to be the cost. This is not on most insurance companies formulary list. Your doctor must put through a special authorization request. The cost is high. Without insurance it's about $300 for a month's supply. Because my doctor's authorization was honored, I pay $123 a month. I put through a request to Sanofi-Aventi citing personal hardship and asking for a reduction in price from them. So far, I have heard nothing from them. Although it's a hardship for me, I pay the price for one simple reason -- it works."

Elizabeth V. October 10, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "Have used Multaq for almost 2 years. No side effects. I have noticed life is good (normal. Thank you Multaq."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "For 4 months, Multaq and Lopressor together have maintained normal sinus rhythm for me. No serious side effects."

Tommy T2u July 19, 2011

For Atrial Flutter "still had recurring a flutter"

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Atrial Flutter "Worked very well at the start, but after 1 month I was back in Atrial Flutter. Had no side effects at all. Now Doctor is putting me on Flecainide."

Anonymous February 27, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "I just turned 47. I started taking Multaq in January after having 3 ablations and trying numerous medicines that made me feel like crap. The one thing I have noticed now is that if I forget to take it when I should, my heart actually starts to ache. My initial heart rhythm was PSVT prior to my first ablation."

VANURSE47 August 18, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "Started on Dronedarone 2 months ago after failures with Propafenone, Sotalol and Ablation procedures. To date Dronedarone has been totally ineffective."

afib-davey April 13, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation "I am taking Multaq for 5 months. I suffered from atrial fibrillation and skipped beats. I am AF free for the first time in 5 yrs. The only side effect is diarrhea."

lucyc March 7, 2010

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have a pacemaker and a recent stent in a 90% blocked artery. Since I started taking Multaq only one episode of Afib and no notable side effects experienced."

Anonymous December 8, 2009