User Reviews for Xarelto

Learn more about Xarelto.

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 2 reviews 15 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 4 reviews 40 medications

2.3
Summary of Xarelto reviews 74 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Xarelto

For Pulmonary Embolism "I've been on Xeralto now for a month now and I'm sure it's working quickly, as I noticed within 24 hours of my incident ( small PE in left lung.) I couldn't believe the sharp pains subsided and breathing improved in that short amount of time. Since I've been taking this for a month now and actually lowered dose from 30mgs. to 20mgs. daily, I feel worse and worse. I feel like I have the hangover of the century, all the time, no alcohol, cannot tolerate it on this drug. Burning eyes, constant headache, extreme headach and fatigue, exhausted, in bed by 6:00 PM usually. I have two teenagers and a job, finding it hard to carry on with my life. I'm so depressed. It's bad enough to have this happen but this Xeralto is making me miserable!"

Charro68 May 7, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event "I Bumped my leg after being on it for two days and had major bruising mind you I don't bruise easy and I'm dark. Plus it hurts really bad. Otherwise going well."

Junay (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I was diagnosed with a big DVT in right leg in Oct. 2015. Was put on Xeralto for 6 months. Two months ago had another ultra sound and no clots. I am 66 years old. The doctor just took me off Xeralto 4 days ago and now I'm worried about having a stroke, more clots etc (thanks to all the scary commercials on TV) so now I'm stressed about being 'off' Xeralto. I didn't have any side effects that I am aware of while on Xeralto luckily. Doctor told me stay active (I sit 8 hours a day at work connected to a computer and phone) so I am sure this is why I got the clots to start with. I move my legs around under my desk and stand up for a few minutes every hour or two when I can. Will see what happens from here."

thegizkitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have had afib for about 12 years and have had two ablations. Afib is back again but not all the time. Had to be electroconverted in late Feb and was put on Eliquus. My blood pressure went sky high and I started to develop diahrrea. As it got worse, they agreed to switch me to Xarelto. After about a week, my diahrrea was out of control and there was blood in the stool. The doctor told me I had to stay on it but I couldn't take the side effects. I haven't taken Xarelto for three days. No more blood in stool. Diahhrea is clearing up. Blood pressure down to 119/66. BAD DRUG!!!!!"

Hoops1106 April 15, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "Hair very thin -shedding lots. Had a hysterectomy in June 2014 and had to use a wound vacuum. Once I started on Xarelto, this wound bleeds every day an won't heal. Almost two years. Most of my fingernails and toe nails fell off ( dried out). Not all have grown back. Bruise easilt plus round red marks appear every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I was put on Xarelto after a small P.E. in the lower lobe of my right lung and have not felt right since. I am tired all the time, have no energy, migraines, dizzy, and also increased anxiety. The reason I decided to take Xarelto over the other blood thinners was because of not having to go to the doctor monthly which I believe is the only good thing about this medication. Can't wait to go off of it in a month. I'm so thankful to read the comments and see I am not the only one suffering these side effects."

Frustrated 35 yr old female April 12, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "can't take nsaids for gout and inflamation"

no side effects (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Only took Xarelto for 6 days when I started having urinary bleeding."

Mitch1951 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I developed a pulmonary embolism following a partial hysterectomy. I was given Xarelto for six months. It worked well for me. As a 35-year-old mom with young children, I appreciated the convenience, since it doesn't require injections or weekly blood tests. It can be rough on your stomach if you have previous stomach issues. (I have GERD.) But taking an acid blocker like Zantac helps relieve symptoms. Talk to your doctor if you have any stomach concerns. This was an excellent drug for me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "After being on Coumadin for 1 year I thought I was going to go crazy with all the annoying phone calls from the office about blood testing. The doctor kept telling me the tests are necessary to prevent me from bleeding out or having another stroke. I said isn't there something different and he referred me to talk to my PCP who recommended Xarolto and it has changed my life for the better. I never felt so good and I never have to worry about blood test or diet. Needless to say that doctor is no longer my doctor"

Yardley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I have had joint pain, tiredness,insomnia, and fluid retention. I can't wait to get off of this medicine. It's like taking poison."

Mamapug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "I'm diabetic and it's uncontrollable since taking Xarelto. I'm sure Afib symptoms are gone now so I can't imagine a downside. I'm seeing my neurologist this week to remove me from the medication. I live in Thailand where Xarelto is cheap without insurance."

Donx February 21, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I developed multiple blood clots in my lungs after a trip to Canada and America. It wasn't until I returned home that I found out I had them and was put on the 15mg twice a day for 3 weeks before switching to 20mg once a day. I have just stopped taking Xarelto after 6 and a half months and found no problem with it! Aside from bruising easily, it sure beat the alternative (injections), so I am very grateful for all it has done. I am 20 years old and am happy to say I only have a bit of scar tissue left over."

BreCheToo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "Don't like this drug - been on it for 3 months having bad rash affecting my breathing , my joints be glad when I come off it"

Pokolbin February 20, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have terrible headaches after 2 weeks. Some are so bad I vomit and have vertigo. Other days I will have head pain for 12 hours or more. At least 3 headaches a week now."

A M T February 7, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I have my second dvt and have been on rivaroxopan for almost five weeks. I'm grateful my leg is less painful and I believe it's working however I have experienced bleeding of the gums unprovoked and also had my first ever nose bleed in the night, never had one in 48 years!! I'm on 20 mg once a day so I think it's making my blood too thin!"

Sue plo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

For Pulmonary Embolism "I had my first PE in both lungs after having myomectomy surgery. Did not know I had a clotting condition. Was experiencing shortness of breath and low energy which I thought was iron deficiency so I went to the ER. CT scan proved PE. After being on a heparin drip 24hrs, the Hematologist prescribed Xarelto and I was released the next morning. Side effects so far after 4 days are: tingling in calves and knees, heavy menstrual bleeding. My period ended 2 days prior and this drug brought it back extra heavy. Bummer!"

Maryland31 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation "In my case, I believe that Xarelto keeps any injury from healing in a timely manner. A scratch that would normally disappear in a week or two lasts months for healing. It worries me even though several doctors from different specialities have said there is no connection here."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event "I was put on Xarelto in July of 2015. I had my a very large blood clot that covered my whole left leg.. I took the drug regularly not missing a pill. I had another ultrasound droppler done on the same leg just week ago and I have another blood clot in same leg. Now this drug says your not suppose to get any more blood clots while on the drug. Well it never worked for me..."

DDJJ November 22, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation "Xarelto probably saved my life from a stroke with a fib. I feel great on a high dose....I adjusted well and feel better than before I started it. I don't fear a stroke anymore with Xarelto."

Skyrae November 19, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I have been on Xarelto for three years now with not one single problem"

caunck (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I wouldn't even give this medication a 1 if I had a choice. I had my first DVT at 16 yrs old and just suffered another one at 21 years old a few months ago. I was prescribed the Xarelto pill and, 3 weeks later, suffered such severe internal bleeding as well as hemorrhaging externally that I almost bled to death. Luckily, the doctors performed 3 emergency surgeries that saved my life. I wouldn't recommend this medication to any females since I have yet to hear a bad case happening with males (but I could be wrong)."

LadyLuck25 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation "Bruising is common. I have lower back soreness and right leg hip area pain. Some leg weakness in the afternoon and evening. No reason to stop the medication in my opinion. I have had kyphoplasty and gall bladder surgery, and the medication was stopped temporarily for both. No adverse reactions."

OldRN56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Had dvt in my calf, had a couple of clots get stuck in my lung 2 weeks after starting xeralto. Now after 2 1/2 months on it I get headaches, dizzy, light headedness, weakness in legs and arms and tingling in arms and hands. I had to leave work today because I was so weak. Going to have doc take me off it."

Anonymous October 1, 2015

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I just had open heart surgery in late July 2015. Nobody told me that a 'side effect' of the surgery was atrial fibrillation. It took over a MONTH for the Docs to tell me this, then put me on amiodarone (antiarrhythmic med) and Xarelto. Not sure if the Xarelto is causing the issue, but I think it is! I have been on the drug for less than 2 weeks, and now have several issues surfacing like tidal waves: Inability to control my hands while typing *80 wpm down to MAYBE 30 on a good day; bloodshot eyes that are only getting worse, purple veins protruding from my thigh skin that were never there before, pain in my liver... I could go on. This is scary and I can't see my cardiologist for a week"

Concerned & Suspicious (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015