Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Xarelto

Learn more about Xarelto.

Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 1 reviews 4 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis 13 reviews 20 medications

7.9
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 1 reviews 13 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 3 reviews 40 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Xarelto reviews 40 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Xarelto

Review by Miranda age, 18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pulmonary Embolism: I had knee surgery on October 13 ,2014, not even two weeks later on October 24, I collapsed in my kitchen struggling to breathe. The paramedics thought, because of my age, that I overdosed on pain meds. Once they got me to the hospital I went into cat scan and ended up coding and dying. I was dead for 25 minutes. Obviously they found out both of my lungs were FULL of blood clots, they couldn't understand how I was even still alive or had made it that long without having any symptoms or problems. Dr. Barton of Thibodaux, Louisiana saved my life by putting me on Xarelto. It is now April 21, 2015, and my insurance won't pay for it anymore so now I'm switching to Warfarin. I'm very unhappy with the switch, no complaints about Xarelto though.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Two DVT and life situation had my docs place me on Xarelto. I've had all the side effects migraines non stop for a month. The lower dose helped but still vet them every couple weeks. Hair falling out in clumps dizziness at the start. Heavy periods but that ended with move to an IUD. Still for the side effects the lack of blood testing and with my high stress life thankful for these meds. But look forward to being off them.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 12:25 AM

Review by Ivory sanders:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Don't like it my legs hurt I'm dizzy I won't to stop taken it seeing all the commercials doctor says my dvt is a thing of the past but he keep me on it till august going to get a second opion

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 3:58 AM

Review by Tiamo123:

For Pulmonary Embolism: After a visit to emergency with pain from left abdomen to shoulder, after many tests and a two-day hospital stay I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism in my left lung. My hematologist prescribed Xarelto and it seems to be working so far. I will be on this medication for 6 months along with iron supplements.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by CM113:

For Pulmonary Embolism: A warning for menstruating women... I am a 28 year old female who was prescribed Xarelto for a Pulmoary Embolism. My menstrual period lasted 10 days with extremely heavy bleeding and clots. Normally it lasts 3-4 days and is very light. Soaked through an ultra tampon AND overnight pad every 2 hours. I went through a box of tampons every 2 days. I was not able to function at work, and it was ruining my relationship. I held my meds for a day and boom! Period went away. I believe that Xarelto prevented my endometrial lining from forming and staying in place.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 10:39 AM

Review by DVT and PE (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: I was prescribed Xarelto for two months after I got a Deep Vein Thrombsis and pulmonary embolisms and it definitely worked as prescribed. I did bruise very easily, but that was a small price to pay to completely get rid of my DVT and show no signs of it 3 months later.

January 7, 2015 12:00 AM

Review by mdsiress:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: I was prescribed Xarelto when a blood clot developed after surgery for my broken leg. I did not notice any immediate side effects until.... I normally have 3 day, semi-light periods and they went to 7-9 days of the worst ever. I won't go into detail. It also caused my iron level to drop to 17! I stayed on Xarelto for 6 months and it worked for me. I was told Xarelto won't dissolve your clot it just thins your blood enough to prevent the clot from growing or new clots, The existing clot is absorbed into the body. I think my hair was falling out also but that may have been from the low iron?

December 30, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by phyllis23:

For Atrial Fibrillation: I have had no major adverse effects from taking Xarelto. However, it seems that since starting this, the back of my lower neck itches all the time. I have scrubbed my neck, I have no rash or appearance of anything unusual, just the itch. Wonder if this medicine could cause this. I believe I ran across an article of someone complaining of the same condition but I don't know where I saw it.

October 31, 2014 4:11 AM

Review by mroger82 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pulmonary Embolism: Have been on Xarelto now for 2 months without any complaints. I've not had the out of the ordinary dreams that others have reported. I am an endurance athlete and other than deconditioning from a forced no exercise restriction for 4 weeks, I cannot say that this medicine limits my performance. I must say I have had some very short duration dizzy spells on occasion, but definitely not the norm. My insurance required that Xarelto be preauthorized prior to getting it. So far I am very happy with its performance and convenience.

October 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Quinteman (taken for less than 1 month):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: Xarelto should never be prescribed to anyone with a bleeding disorder. It will cause severe bleeding that in my situation required spending a night in the ER and required that I be taken off this medication immediately.

October 1, 2014 9:58 AM

Review by blood clots:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery: My Dr switched me from Lovenox to Xarelto 21 days ago. So far I feel better. I've used injections since early 2005. I'm still evaluating and paying close attention for any negative side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 4:44 PM

Review by Tsunamijim (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: DVT in ankle, then again in other ankle then one in knee. Tried Warfarin with many headaches, stopped on my own due to the side effect. That's how the DVT came back. Went to Coumadin and the difference was Coumadin gave me a consistent test result. Still the headaches almost daily. From minimal to taking 800 mg of ibuprofen, just to get rid of the pain. Already allergic to peanuts, then restricted by medicine with no greens or cranberry. Really tough to find a good meal. Begged my doctor for a prescription before it was approved for DVT and that could be part of my positive reaction. Now on Xarelto for 2 years, headaches once in awhile - maybe due to medicine but not consistent enough to believe. Eat anything and everything.

June 30, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Sarah v:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: I am a 39 year old woman with a history of DVT who switched from warfarin to Xarelto . Shortly after starting the medicine I began to experience migraines for the first time. After two weeks of being on it, I began my menstrual period as scheduled. The period was severe bleeding 6 days straight, at that point I went to the ER, I ended up with several blood transfusions that were not helping, my hemoglobin was dropping to dangerous levels. The only thing to be done was an emergency uterine ablation. I believe that blood levels DO actually need to be monitored. My blood was so thin I was not clotting.

June 29, 2014 5:29 PM

Review by VFC:

For Pulmonary Embolism: No side effects, except one incidence of dizziness that passed quickly.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by blackdogs:

For Pulmonary Embolism: Had a Pulmonary Embolism in March 2014, I am happy with Xarelto in that it is a pill I can take without weekly blood work. My only complaint is that I am losing my hair in clumps! I tell you it is like I am taking chemo or something. I used to have very thick long hair and now my hair falls out horribly in the shower, when I brush it, all day long on my clothes, in the car whatever. Hair loss is not currently listed as a side affect but I called the 800 number of the company and put in a complaint about it as many others have.

May 27, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Sav31 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: I've been on Xarelto 20mg a day for a year now, after I was hospitalized with a clot in my lung that came up from my leg. I've got no side effect at all.

March 5, 2014 6:37 PM

Review by NCYankee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Doc put me on this after finding a small blood clot in calf after TKR. First month was not bad but after that, my upper stomach started to hurt off & on all day, every day; migraine headaches every night; insomnia every night and horrible itching at site of incision; bleeding hemorrhoids also. Had a Doppler taken after 2 months and it did not find any clots. Dr took me off of Xarelto cold turkey. Very frightening because I was told you should be weaned off of it but doc seemed to be ok with immediately stopping. It has been 4 days since I stopped and all the above symptoms went away, thank goodness.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 9:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pulmonary Embolism: I've been taking Xarelto for 1 month now for pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis. I haven't experienced many side effects. It seems to be working great except my period is extremely heavy and I'm taking an iron supplement.

February 16, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by Dusty3481:

For Pulmonary Embolism: Was given Xarelto in hospital and released. Two days later I was back in the hospital with lung pain and more blood clots. This medicine did not work on me.

February 16, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by RichardTheo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Was on xeralto for three months and enjoyed the freedom from warfarin...BUT went back to warfarin because head aches, constant sore upset stomach, weird dreams and hallucinations at night...Three weeks off xeralto and back on warfarin am feeling normal again...Just me and if xeralto works for you stay with it...

January 17, 2014 11:53 PM

Review by wdhh:

For Pulmonary Embolism: Xarelto has been great for my pulmonary emboli. It is easy to take without monitoring, as reduced the clots quickly and has little restrictions.

December 18, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by Eddie D.:

For Pulmonary Embolism: I love this medicine. My sister had a pulmonary embolism and had to take Coumadin, with shots and weekly blood tests. After my P.E., I take Xarelto and have for 5 months. No issues. If I get a cut, it clots just fine. No doctor visits. No blood tests. A miracle for thrombosis.

December 17, 2013 10:34 PM

Review by zeemumbai (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pulmonary Embolism: On Xarelto 15mg 2X a day since pulmonary embolism. Very pleased as it allowed me to released from hospital less than 24hrs after admission. One particular side effect: I am experiencing vivid dreams since going on Xarelto. Looking forward to getting off as soon as possible, but I am grateful that I am not on Coumadin or Lovenox.

December 9, 2013 6:40 AM

Review by Galarza:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Good

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by SalesRD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: Last summer I was placed on Xarelto after a dermatologist botched my laser leg vein surgery and caused a DVT. I am an otherwise healthy 50 year old woman. I did not want to go on Coumadin as I am familiar with the side effects and monitoring required. I was sick on Xarelto the entire time, and the minute that I stopped it, most of the side effects went away. It took about two weeks for all side effects to subside. Side effects included migraine headaches (first time in my life), sharp pins and needles pain in hands and fingers, swollen joints especially finger joints, muscle cramps-especially legs and toes etc.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2013 8:16 PM