User Reviews for Xarelto

Learn more about Xarelto.

Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 1 reviews 3 medications

Pulmonary Embolism 20 reviews 13 medications

7.4
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 1 reviews 12 medications

Prevention of Thromb...ial Fibrillation 3 reviews 39 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Xarelto reviews 49 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Xarelto

For Pulmonary Embolism "I am taking Xarelto for a small PE (rt. lower lobe) detected upon battery of testing for origin of a "black out" I experienced. (The PE just happened to be detected and is considered not to be the source of blackout.) So, I am sensitive to drugs, in general. I am on the 2nd week or so of 1/day of 30mg. I experience bizarre dreams and seem to be in a light sleep. I have insomnia w/ the drug. I also feel "whacked out", post even 20 hrs. after ingesting it. In essence, I KNOW that I have taken a drug. I sometimes have to take a nap; I feel better after doing this. I am hoping that my body acclimates to X, but am realistic. I am also hoping/praying that I only have to be on X for 6 mos. I know that there are alternatives."

PolishGirl2 August 3, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "I was in the hospital this weekend for a PE left lung and pneumonia in my right. Completely unsymptomatic except for a very unusual episode of vomiting with chest pain. Have a PICC and doc was concerned it may have become dislodged, so to the ER we went. The whole PE / pneumonia thing is still utterly unreal to us - still in a daze, trying to figure out what it means for lifestyle changes. Since they switched me from Coumadin IV to Xarelto in the hospital I have had a non-stop awful migraine, upper back and neck pain (muscular), some upset stomach. My lower jaw and teeth hurt - something I've never experienced as I have no cavities at age 47; I can empathize with my husband's toothaches a bit now, unfortunately. Awful."

PoohyBear (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "I have been on Xarelto for 8 months after a PE experience due to thrombin 3 deficiency. My only issue is heavier that normal bruising - I am very active."

Bud 63 July 9, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event "Put on Xarelto 2 mos ago. for dvt in left leg. 3rd such occurrence. Have a genetic disorder for blood clots. Only had mild headaches. As for the stomach problem, after reading info on this drug found out it has lactose in it. So being lactose intolerant I bought some pills for this condition, and take it before I swallow my pill. Works fine. No more stomach problems. My one concern here is when I cut myself I do not bleed anymore than I did before. So am wondering if this med is working for me."

MrSkittles July 7, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I had two instance of DVT getting to my lungs. Almost killed me. I was on warfarin the first time for 6 months with no side effects. I have been taking xeralto 20 mg for about a month now. I am having insomnia, upset stomach, and occasional muscle cramping in calves and ankles. However, I do not have to go the doctor once a month to have blood tests and I do not have to manage my eating habits so closely. So far I am a fan, albeit a sleepy one."

Bid Daddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "Had bilateral acute PE. Barely a month has passed but I think I am doing okay with Rivaroxaban. I experienced a very heavy menstruation and still have laboured breathing here and there but apart from that, I am happy with the medication. I am now back to work on a part time basis (very supportive employer) and hopefully will be strong enough to be back on full time soon."

Milly Picton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I was feeling a sharp right calf pain for about three days and thought it may be a Charlie horse. Decided to go to the er and bam!!!!! Dvt. Huge clot but below the knee. Was admitted for two days heart rate went down to 38 close calls but thank God I am here. Have been on xarelto for 8 days now and not one side effect. Just hope it gets me through and helps my body dissolve the clot ASAP. Xarelto works for me."

lucky man (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "I am 39 and was given Xarelto for Pulmonary Embolism. I have experienced nausea, dizziness, dreams and mild headaches. Not sure this medicine is for me. Back to doctor on Monday."

tameads (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "This my second DVT in 5yrs, I'm only 26 and its from a genetic disorder. I took warfrain the first time around and er doctor gave me xareltro this time. I was thrilled due to no strict diet, constant finger pricks, etc. However from day 1 of xareltro I had horrible headaches that I could not get rid of. I took my dose with dinner and if we had a late dinner, after 7, I would get vivid dreams that left !e exhausted I'm the morning. It caused two ocular migraines, which I have never had which scared m cause I though I was going blind!! I was also hallucinating at all times of the day. I'm back on warfrian now all sideffects have stopped! Loved the promise of xareltro but belive it needs more testing!!"

young with 2nd DVT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "I had knee surgery on October 13 ,2014, not even two weeks later on October 24, I collapsed in my kitchen struggling to breathe. The paramedics thought, because of my age, that I overdosed on pain meds. Once they got me to the hospital I went into cat scan and ended up coding and dying. I was dead for 25 minutes. Obviously they found out both of my lungs were FULL of blood clots, they couldn't understand how I was even still alive or had made it that long without having any symptoms or problems. Dr. Barton of Thibodaux, Louisiana saved my life by putting me on Xarelto. It is now April 21, 2015, and my insurance won't pay for it anymore so now I'm switching to Warfarin. I'm very unhappy with the switch, no complaints about Xarelto though."

Miranda age, 18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Two DVT and life situation had my docs place me on Xarelto. I've had all the side effects migraines non stop for a month. The lower dose helped but still vet them every couple weeks. Hair falling out in clumps dizziness at the start. Heavy periods but that ended with move to an IUD. Still for the side effects the lack of blood testing and with my high stress life thankful for these meds. But look forward to being off them."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "Don't like it my legs hurt I'm dizzy I won't to stop taken it seeing all the commercials doctor says my dvt is a thing of the past but he keep me on it till august going to get a second opion"

Ivory sanders March 15, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "After a visit to emergency with pain from left abdomen to shoulder, after many tests and a two-day hospital stay I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism in my left lung. My hematologist prescribed Xarelto and it seems to be working so far. I will be on this medication for 6 months along with iron supplements."

Tiamo123 February 8, 2015

For Pulmonary Embolism "A warning for menstruating women... I am a 28 year old female who was prescribed Xarelto for a Pulmoary Embolism. My menstrual period lasted 10 days with extremely heavy bleeding and clots. Normally it lasts 3-4 days and is very light. Soaked through an ultra tampon AND overnight pad every 2 hours. I went through a box of tampons every 2 days. I was not able to function at work, and it was ruining my relationship. I held my meds for a day and boom! Period went away. I believe that Xarelto prevented my endometrial lining from forming and staying in place."

CM113 January 15, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I was prescribed Xarelto for two months after I got a Deep Vein Thrombsis and pulmonary embolisms and it definitely worked as prescribed. I did bruise very easily, but that was a small price to pay to completely get rid of my DVT and show no signs of it 3 months later."

DVT and PE (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I was prescribed Xarelto when a blood clot developed after surgery for my broken leg. I did not notice any immediate side effects until.... I normally have 3 day, semi-light periods and they went to 7-9 days of the worst ever. I won't go into detail. It also caused my iron level to drop to 17! I stayed on Xarelto for 6 months and it worked for me. I was told Xarelto won't dissolve your clot it just thins your blood enough to prevent the clot from growing or new clots, The existing clot is absorbed into the body. I think my hair was falling out also but that may have been from the low iron?"

mdsiress December 30, 2014

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have had no major adverse effects from taking Xarelto. However, it seems that since starting this, the back of my lower neck itches all the time. I have scrubbed my neck, I have no rash or appearance of anything unusual, just the itch. Wonder if this medicine could cause this. I believe I ran across an article of someone complaining of the same condition but I don't know where I saw it."

phyllis23 October 31, 2014

For Pulmonary Embolism "Have been on Xarelto now for 2 months without any complaints. I've not had the out of the ordinary dreams that others have reported. I am an endurance athlete and other than deconditioning from a forced no exercise restriction for 4 weeks, I cannot say that this medicine limits my performance. I must say I have had some very short duration dizzy spells on occasion, but definitely not the norm. My insurance required that Xarelto be preauthorized prior to getting it. So far I am very happy with its performance and convenience."

mroger82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis "Xarelto should never be prescribed to anyone with a bleeding disorder. It will cause severe bleeding that in my situation required spending a night in the ER and required that I be taken off this medication immediately."

Quinteman (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery "My Dr switched me from Lovenox to Xarelto 21 days ago. So far I feel better. I've used injections since early 2005. I'm still evaluating and paying close attention for any negative side effects."

blood clots September 3, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "DVT in ankle, then again in other ankle then one in knee. Tried Warfarin with many headaches, stopped on my own due to the side effect. That's how the DVT came back. Went to Coumadin and the difference was Coumadin gave me a consistent test result. Still the headaches almost daily. From minimal to taking 800 mg of ibuprofen, just to get rid of the pain. Already allergic to peanuts, then restricted by medicine with no greens or cranberry. Really tough to find a good meal. Begged my doctor for a prescription before it was approved for DVT and that could be part of my positive reaction. Now on Xarelto for 2 years, headaches once in awhile - maybe due to medicine but not consistent enough to believe. Eat anything and everything."

Tsunamijim (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I am a 39 year old woman with a history of DVT who switched from warfarin to Xarelto . Shortly after starting the medicine I began to experience migraines for the first time. After two weeks of being on it, I began my menstrual period as scheduled. The period was severe bleeding 6 days straight, at that point I went to the ER, I ended up with several blood transfusions that were not helping, my hemoglobin was dropping to dangerous levels. The only thing to be done was an emergency uterine ablation. I believe that blood levels DO actually need to be monitored. My blood was so thin I was not clotting. "

Sarah v June 29, 2014

For Pulmonary Embolism "No side effects, except one incidence of dizziness that passed quickly."

VFC June 21, 2014

For Pulmonary Embolism "Had a Pulmonary Embolism in March 2014, I am happy with Xarelto in that it is a pill I can take without weekly blood work. My only complaint is that I am losing my hair in clumps! I tell you it is like I am taking chemo or something. I used to have very thick long hair and now my hair falls out horribly in the shower, when I brush it, all day long on my clothes, in the car whatever. Hair loss is not currently listed as a side affect but I called the 800 number of the company and put in a complaint about it as many others have."

blackdogs May 27, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis "I've been on Xarelto 20mg a day for a year now, after I was hospitalized with a clot in my lung that came up from my leg. I've got no side effect at all."

Sav31 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2014