User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Pharyngitis

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: I went to the doctor Tuesday after feeling a sore throat Monday morning. Tuesday I woke up with white puss on my tonsils, couldn't swallow at all (felt like I was swallowing glass), and was going through hot and cold flashes and had to go to my doctor immediately. I tested negative for strep throat. I was put on amoxicillin for three days, and nothing worked. I went back on Friday, had a shot of prednisone as well as a prescription for it lasting 9 days along with Avelox. I woke up Saturday morning and felt 80 percent better. I am so glad that I had the chance to take this medicine and highly endorse it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 3, 2011 10:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: I have had a sore throat for a week. I went to the doctor with a fever, body aches, and sore throat. He gave me a strep test and it was negative. Anti-biotics did not work because it is viral and not bacterial. I started feeling better in a few days and then my sore throat switched from my right side to left side and was worse than before with no fever or body aches. Went back to doctor 6 days later. Was given another strep test and mono test, both negative, Doctor put me on prednisone and sore throat went away within 9 hours. Feeling much better.

August 12, 2008 12:13 PM