User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 37 reviews 58 medications

6.1
Summary of Otezla reviews 78 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Otezla

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was amazed at how quickly Otezla worked on my Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis. I was ecstatic and I had absolutely no side effects. Unfortunately, it was short lived and 5 months later Otezla stopped completely working for me."

Carr120 May 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "on day 14 of otezla. the usual occasional headaches that i have been plagued with for years are now daily and can be quite intense, which is resulting in lost sleep. the nausea is almost constant. i was hoping for some weight loss, none yet. no diarrhea, in fact, it seems to be the opposite at times. my red spots on legs, arms, feet and hands have doubled. it's the start of summer and i am so discouraged. i wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants every day. i am constantly paranoid about my skin and i stand a certain way, so people won't see my ghastly looking feet. i don;t like anyone walking behind me. i'm stubborn so i will stick with it for now and just live with a headache, nausea and lots of red spots."

red spotted lady May 25, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I was on Enbrel for about 3 years. The only good thing was it cleared my psorasis which was horrible, especially on my scalp, but also on my elbows, waist, legs,etc. I statred to have allergic reactions, and once a t the end had anaphylaxis . Shortness of breath and other symptoms also encouraged me to try Otezla. I am sorry to report that my psorasis immediately returned with a vengence, my scalp is covered with tight painful scales itches, burns,is embarrassing and also is on my elbows and they Crack bleed, hurt . .. but, since I started Otezla, I have been on 4 rounds of antibiotics for URI's, sinus, pneumonia, had terrible diarrhe , swollen glands. I have to go to my Dermatologist next week and am asking for Cosyntex.."

KK2255 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I gave it a try for 2 months, but the abdominal pain, diarrhea, and pounding headaches never went away. I verified that you can cut the pills to try to taper up the dosage and they start you on smaller dosed pills to begin with anyway. After 2 months I never got up to the full dose and my side effects never got better. I did try taking the full dose and had rapid diarrhea and had a pounding headache that lasted 3 days. It was less successful than 3 of the 4 TNF-alpha inhibitors I had tried and less effective than Xeljanz (tofacitinib) at treating my psoriatic arthritis."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started Otezla aftertaste years of psoriasis and the onset of psoriatic arthritis. I saw results within two weeks and was completely clear after second week. I did not have any side of effects except a slight headache, I did nothing different drank beer while on it no side effects."

Yo momma May 18, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have plaque psoriasis and PA for many years now. I was using Enbrel of which in comparison worked miracles. I started Otezla to try something new and not biologic. I was on Otezla for 3 months however, saw very little improvement on my skin and felt my PA became even worst. A finger completely swelled up of which had never happened to me in the past. I also felt more inflammation. The beginning symptoms of irregular bowl movements and major headaches were horrible, but gone after 2 weeks. What did remain up to the last minute were horrible horrible allergies/sinus as if I had a cold the entire time. The longer time on the medication the worst I got. I stopped taking Otezla and all side effects are minimizing. I also felt very depressed."

JustMe78 May 13, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I like to travel and the last thing I need is a further compromised immune system. Otezla sounded like a good option, so I talked to my doctor about it. She was cautious, as they had 2 other folks on it and one was quitting because of the side effects, and the other hadn't shown any progress as of yet. I started in October of 2015, and the only side effects I suffered were minor tension headaches for the first few weeks, and weight loss. Like helped me lose 30 pounds weight loss. 7 months and 98% clear, with my arthritis almost gone also. I haven't felt or looked this good in 20 years. Completely changed my life."

RED MAN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have tried other biological and nothing worked. I started on the Otezla and it immediately started to see a difference. I have Sjogrens Secondary with the dry mouth and dry eyes and the Otezla stopped those symptoms and I was able to come off that medicine. My psoriasis is gone by 95 percent. I use a topical for the spot on my elbow. I occasionally have headaches and pain in my knuckles, but overall it is life changing for me."

carrotmater1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for 30 years. Last year, Fumaderm successfully cleared my psoriasis but unfortunately it lowered my while blood cell count so I had to come off it. The dermatologist suggested Otezla. I was on it for three months and during this time my psoriasis has flared up and it was never as bad as it is now. I have it on my arms for the first time and I am devastated that I cant wear short sleeves. I had got used to being able to wear skirts and shorts. My skin is sore and itchy. We are all unique and different and I am very happy for those that saw an improvement. For me it was a flop. The side affects were bearable and were just headaches and sleeplessness."

FrostyOne (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've been on Otezla for about 6 weeks. I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel worse than before I started on it. Lower backache, horrible pain in my head and face. Can't get a good night's sleep as my hips hurt. The headaches are the worse,trying to work with a daily headache,I don't have much psoriasis as it cleared up years ago, just some on my scalp now.The doctor says to give it at least 14 weeks to work.Don't know if I'll last that long with the pain in my head/face.I get the meds straight from the company so don't know how much they actually cost."

Net in oz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Initially stomach ache, diarhea and headache, feeling of unease. After 2 months most side effects gone. Never any at night so I make sure I take on full stomach. This helps me. It has been highly effective. Psoriasis started to clear within weeks. Now 99 % clear. When a spot shows up I hit it with one or two doses of topical and it's gone. So far great."

Jmj49 April 29, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Side effects are tremendous, severe headaches, diarrhea and nearly living on toilet, fever and aches and pains all over. Been taking it for 3 weeks to see if I will ever get use to the side effects and they will subside, so far no. Not sure how much longer I can last on Otezla. Was really hoping it would help..."

Guessing I will survive (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on otezla going on 4 months now, my results have not been that great. My plaques are less angry and not as red but they are still very visible and itchy, the majority of my plaques are on my legs and arms the rest of my body was always clear. Visiting with my dermatologist to see if I shoukd give it some more time or stop taking it; I'll keep you posted. I had very little side affects by the way, a little diareah."

Mikethe man April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been fighting psoriasis for many years on and off, have tried everything topicals, steroids, uvb light, laser, natural products, coal tar except have not tried biologicals, I had a bad flare 2 years ago mostly on my legs, and a few spots in other areas, nothing has worked so far, my dermatologist gave me a started pack of Oztela, I have been on it no 6 days, so far not too many side effects when it comes to digestive issues but I do suffer from migranes and last night I had one of the worst migranes in a very long time. My skin does look like its getting better already so I will keep taking it for a while and hope the side effects start to disappear."

Gymbrat (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had severe psoriasis on my arms, legs, knees, backaround,my waist,my buttochs, inside my urinary tract and scalp. I work with middle school students and some would ask questions about the thick plaque on my body.Some were sweet, some fearful that they would catch it and some couldn't,have cared less. After taking the Otezla pills I saw rapid improvement within a few days. I also sparingly use endear spray, not often. The first two weeks I either vomited or had diahrrea after I took the Otezla pills. After two weeks I started taking the pill one hour after breakfast and one hour after dinner. No problems now .This pill has been a miracle pill for me. My entire body has healed up. My depression has gone and I feel smooth ."

Carolj265 April 25, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My legs and elbows were covered and within two months it was all gone !"

Bling16 April 12, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "For me Otezla is a wonder drug. My Psoriatic Arthritis has been non existent for 9 months now since I started taking Otezla."

OtezlaWonder (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Update: Otezla is not working now like it did at first. My left hand is better but, my right regressed and is splitting in multiple places. Both feet, horrible flare now, thick peeling and lesions. My face now has spots where it didn't prior to Otezla. Headaches, migraines and nausea are very common. How disappointing."

WiarticCat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started off with the expected side effects which subsided after about 2 weeks so no real problem there. Worked really well on my severe plaque psoriasis on my hands, arms, legs and back, not so good on my feet. Unfortunately it stopped working after about 4 to 5 months and is now about 80% as bad as before I started on Otezla."

Caron Elaine March 28, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've had psoriasis for 35 years and arthritis for perhaps 30. For about 9 years I took Enbrel and methotrexate with very good results. Despite my long-term success with this combo, about 6 months ago I decided to replace Enbrel with Otezla, primarily because I wanted to decrease my use of immunosuppressants and because of the cancer risks associated with Enbrel. For the first 2-3 weeks I had the expected side effects, the worst being having to move my bowels 5-6 times a day. Also some headaches. Now, six months in, I think I am ready to go back to Enbrel. My scalp psoriasis used to be almost non-existent but is now getting bad. Same for my elbows/forearms. I also have many aches and pains that I've never had before...."

Glicks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on Otezla for 10 months now and I'm 95% clear. I had really bad psoriasis on both feet and some on hands. Also loss some weight. Since taking this medication my glucose has steadily gone up so my pcp put me on metformen which is not helping. Has anyone been dx with diabetis after taking Otezla? Please let me know bc the drs say its not related but I have read a few users that this has happened to like me. Also I'm having some back pains. Thanks "

ddpr37 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "After failing enbrel and humira, my doc moved me to a different class. Otezla has been a great for my severe psoriasis on the palms of my hands and psoriatic arthritis. I went from 100% coverage with extremely painful lesions, unable to use my hands to 100% clearance, in three weeks. My rheumatologist and I both are amazed with the results. I will put up with the side effects as the massive improvement makes it all worth it. Side effects I've had : headaches /migraines, indigestion, stomach pain, loose stools and nausea. All but headaches have started to subside as of my 3rd week in! Very, very happy here!!"

WiarticCat (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am using Otezla and have been for the past 5 months now. Before taking Otezla I only had plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It would get very dry and hard and when I would scratch my scalp it would bleed. The side effects were nothing too hard to get use to. I have loss some weight but overall the plaque psoriasis has cleared up to where it is more manageable and less scaly. On my body which the only time I had a bad case of psoriasis was when I got mosquito bites on my legs and it turned into red scaly patches all over. I used this sea salt scrub every day when I showered and it went away. Now with using sea salt as a regular monthly regimen all over my body. I only have psoriasis on my scalp."

RJ1974 February 5, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been using Otezla for around three months now. I had some minor side effects of loose stool and headaches. They have subsided and don't affect me anymore. I'm probably 80% clear now. This time of year I normally have a large increase of lesions. Not only have the lesions gone away, no new ones have formed. It will be nice to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts again. For me, this med has worked great."

MDSX2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ladies and gentlemen I have been using Otezla for at lease 45 days, at first it was making me run to the bathroom all the time, gave me the runs. Then around a month into the drug I started experiencing headaches after every use. I stopped after about 45 days, I didn't want to be damaging my brain. And after all the symptoms no signs of clearing. Although I haven't had any arthritis. But not worth the headache, literally."

scabby legs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016