User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 29 reviews 57 medications

6.3
Summary of Otezla reviews 56 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Otezla

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am using Otezla and have been for the past 5 months now. Before taking Otezla I only had plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It would get very dry and hard and when I would scratch my scalp it would bleed. The side effects were nothing too hard to get use to. I have loss some weight but overall the plaque psoriasis has cleared up to where it is more manageable and less scaly. On my body which the only time I had a bad case of psoriasis was when I got mosquito bites on my legs and it turned into red scaly patches all over. I used this sea salt scrub every day when I showered and it went away. Now with using sea salt as a regular monthly regimen all over my body. I only have psoriasis on my scalp."

RJ1974 February 5, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been using Otezla for around three months now. I had some minor side effects of loose stool and headaches. They have subsided and don't affect me anymore. I'm probably 80% clear now. This time of year I normally have a large increase of lesions. Not only have the lesions gone away, no new ones have formed. It will be nice to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts again. For me, this med has worked great."

MDSX2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ladies and gentlemen I have been using Otezla for at lease 45 days, at first it was making me run to the bathroom all the time, gave me the runs. Then around a month into the drug I started experiencing headaches after every use. I stopped after about 45 days, I didn't want to be damaging my brain. And after all the symptoms no signs of clearing. Although I haven't had any arthritis. But not worth the headache, literally."

scabby legs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Thought this would be a perfect treatment for newly diagnosed but relatively minor hand PsA for past 13yrs. Did experience some weight loss that I attribute that to frequent and loose bm's. There was a detectable mood change but again tolerable. My worst problem was muscle spasms that started in one hip migrated to lower back and then to the other hip to the point of not sleeping. I stopped and ramped up slower which seemed to help but starting coming back. Never had any previous problem with side effects of any meds before. I have what should be good benefits working for a world class employer but plan but they would not cough up without trying the immune suppressive stuff first. Currently on sulfasalizine which seems to help enough"

howbouthis January 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My psoriatic arthritis started about 36 months ago I tried light therapy and was on enbroe for about 8 months with limited improvement from either treatment procedure. My back, head, and legs were very covered with psoriasis and were extremely itchy. My scratching exacerbated the problem and I had bleeding scores all over my legs. One year ago I went on otezla and within 4 months my back and head were completely clear and my legs were vastly improved I did not experience any side effects to speak of although I did lose 10 lbs. Currently my legs are about 80% clear however after about 5 months of use the palms of my hands and my feet were severely infected with psoriasis to the point were they were cracking and bleeding no matter how much l tried to look after them"

Gb75 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Recently diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. Achy stiff joints in fingers, toes, ankles, knees, and hips. Plaque psoriasis on elbows, knees, behind ears, and above eyes. After several medications, because insurance requires it, my Rhum gave me a couple choices including Otezla. I will do anything to stay away from immune suppressive drugs, I don't want to trade one problem for another and likely worse. Been using starter packs for a month with good improvement in plaque psoriasis and no noticeable difference in joint pain. Doc says 2-3 months to see full affect. Unfortunately, my insurance slammed the door on me and is refusing to pay for the drug, appeal was denied. They have no problem paying for immune suppressive drugs because they are cheaper."

Pats fan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Minor side effects the first week. I have mild to moderate plaque psoriasis for 30 years. I have been using ultravate cream and an in home light therapy unit with moderate success. I have been using Otezla for almost 4 months with little to no improvement. I will discuss with my doctor and probably continue for another month and then stop."

edwardB harris January 6, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Worked fantastically well after a short period of side effects (stomach pain and other gastrointestinal issues). Psoriasis has practically cleared, leaving only pale patches where it had been. Experienced significant weight loss, likely due to the stomach issues."

Donagh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My joint pain in hand and feet are all gone . The only side affect I have is a tension headache every evening about the same time, it a good drug I am please with it, going to give it a other month or two to see if tension headache goes away it always on the right side on the back of the head. It help to hear other people side effect to see if any other people have the same effects."

North Georgia (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on this for 5 weeks. No side effects. No benefits whatsoever."

Zman1 January 2, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Couldn't go up 1 flight of stairs without my heart rate jumping to 140 and was very short of breath. I also experienced severe pain in hip joints 40% of the time. My body felt like it was dying. I was only on it 1 month."

linniepoo January 2, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am 60 and I have had Psoriatic Arthritis since I was 20. So 40 years of trying all kinds of topical medications, cortisone creams, sun light and UVB treatments, Dead Sea Trips and eventually Methotrexate. 6 months ago, my Dermatogist suggested I try Otezla. My Insurance refused to pay for it and suggested all kinds of Biologic medications. I refused the Biologic meds after reading of dangerous side effects. Otezla approved me on a temporary Bridge program while we are fighting the Insurance. Initial results were astonishing. Both the Arthritis pain and the Psoriasis were gone! I stopped taking the Methtrexate. About 3 months after I started taking Otezla, some Psoriasis patches came back, though the Arthritic pain is minimal."

Dead Sea Expert (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Otezla gave me a lung infection. For thee weeks I coughed up blood. It took two rounds of hi-powered antibiotics to get over it."

trxas Bill December 29, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started with start pack. I was doing the lightbox 2-3"

LynAspin (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I started taking Otezla in January 2015 & stopped in August due to price. It definitely helped my Psoriasis & also psoriatic arthritis but not completely. There are many side affects that are not mentioned. I had very bad backache & also my Hb A1c went up to 6.2 though I am not diabetic & also lost weight on Otezla. After stopping Otezla now A1c is 5.7 & backache is better too."

Zfg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "Now have 8 weeks completed with Otezla. The side effects are getting better. Less trips to the bathroom, nausea gone. Skin is getting better. Still have visible patches on my legs, but they are less angry looking. The itching has been reduced also. Taking 30mg twice a day."

tjm55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Works fantastic."

John6250 December 22, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had plaque psoriasis on most of my body so bad that I could not sleep. I had the usual cracking, bleeding, etc. and had tried everything with the exception of the injectables. My health conditions would not allow me to take these. I started the Otezla and within 3 weeks I was completely clear. I did have pink patches where they were but it seemed to be a miracle. Now I have been on it for approximately 3 months and all of a sudden I have tiny (very tiny) patches starting up again. Hopefully this is only temporary. The side effects have not been bad. They were aggravating the first few weeks but have lessened to just more bowel movements. I love this medicine and hope that it will continue to keep me clear."

daisysmother (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am going on six weeks taking Otezla. The results are absolutely amazing compared to all of the various topicals and pills I've tried over the years. I've never been talked into a biologic because the side effects looked worse than the disease. I thought the side effects weren't terrible with Otezla, so I gave it a shot. I wasn't given a starter pack at first, make sure to follow the dosing information. Unlike others, I've experienced absolutely no side effects with almost complete (99%) clear up. Fantastic!!!"

RJ54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started on this in September 2014. Went through a very rough 3 months of sickness some weight loss, dizziness, diarrhea, some vomiting. Finally they subsided. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I scheduled surgery on my back. The pre surgery nurse told me to stop the medicine, so I did. I get a call this week from another Dr telling me medicine shouldn't effect surgery to continue as usual. So I start back up the same day, because of course both my hands and feet have already started with the blisters and peeling within 2 weeks of not taking the medicine. Now 2nd day back in medicine and I'm not functioning. Headache, can't open my eyes of I do I throw up. I don't know what to think."

Sabrina h December 3, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was on the 28 day starter pack made it to the regular dose of 30 mg 2x aday Severe headaches like I have never experienced before, I have had migraines for over 40 years these were worse. MD reduced dose to 30 once a day. Still had some headaches, jaw pain and nausea the side effects have outweighed the good- no real improvement in hands - will stop taking Otezla It also made me extremely moody and angry."

Moldy shoe December 1, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "Side effects went away completely after a few weeks. My severe skin psoriasis of 30 years is 75% gone. It took 2-3 months to fully work. That 75% clearance is not perfect, but it means so much to me. The monster dandruff is greatly reduced. My scalp is no longer flaming red lizard skin. The plaques on my forehead and neck are now light pink patches. I no longer frantically itch all day. I look healthy! Otezla appears to interfere with the absorption of anti-depressant, or counteract it, but increasing the antidepressant dose a bit fixed the problem for me immediately. Take Otezla with crackers or a half a bagel, it helped calm the stomach. Also ask about the zero co-pay program, it took 5 minutes to register and I save $85 monthly."

Julia2345 November 29, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on Otezla for 4 weeks now. I've had partial clearing on arms and chest. Still have plaques on my legs, but not as itchy as before. Scaling has been reduced. I do have 3-4 bowel movements a day, mainly in morning and afternoon. Have not had nausea or headaches. No depression either. Some minor weight loss. I'm happy with the results so far and hoping that this is the answer. Been dealing with psoriasis for over 40 years now. Started on scalp, but over the past couple of years the legs have been the worst. Been using creams and UV light. The UV light did work at first, but then seemed to be ineffective. Never had the desire to use injections."

tjm55 November 24, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Otezla did not work for me. The good part was that the pain in my fingers and toes went down about 50%. The bad part was that my stomach was upset most of the time. I was dead dog tired all of the time. I would get up, eat breakfast and need to lay back down. Otezla neutralized the flow max I am taking for my prostate. I had headaches every day or two. It was not a good experience for me. "

Bill 1940 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I can't believe how great this medicine works. I have had psoriasis since I was 12 years ol. I am now 58 and finally I am clear of the scales and red patches."

Anonymous November 17, 2015