User Reviews for Otezla

Psoriatic Arthritis 33 reviews 58 medications

6.2
Summary of Otezla reviews 67 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Otezla

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Side effects are tremendous, severe headaches, diarrhea and nearly living on toilet, fever and aches and pains all over. Been taking it for 3 weeks to see if I will ever get use to the side effects and they will subside, so far no. Not sure how much longer I can last on Otezla. Was really hoping it would help..."

Guessing I will survive (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on otezla going on 4 months now, my results have not been that great. My plaques are less angry and not as red but they are still very visible and itchy, the majority of my plaques are on my legs and arms the rest of my body was always clear. Visiting with my dermatologist to see if I shoukd give it some more time or stop taking it; I'll keep you posted. I had very little side affects by the way, a little diareah."

Mikethe man April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been fighting psoriasis for many years on and off, have tried everything topicals, steroids, uvb light, laser, natural products, coal tar except have not tried biologicals, I had a bad flare 2 years ago mostly on my legs, and a few spots in other areas, nothing has worked so far, my dermatologist gave me a started pack of Oztela, I have been on it no 6 days, so far not too many side effects when it comes to digestive issues but I do suffer from migranes and last night I had one of the worst migranes in a very long time. My skin does look like its getting better already so I will keep taking it for a while and hope the side effects start to disappear."

Gymbrat (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had severe psoriasis on my arms, legs, knees, backaround,my waist,my buttochs, inside my urinary tract and scalp. I work with middle school students and some would ask questions about the thick plaque on my body.Some were sweet, some fearful that they would catch it and some couldn't,have cared less. After taking the Otezla pills I saw rapid improvement within a few days. I also sparingly use endear spray, not often. The first two weeks I either vomited or had diahrrea after I took the Otezla pills. After two weeks I started taking the pill one hour after breakfast and one hour after dinner. No problems now .This pill has been a miracle pill for me. My entire body has healed up. My depression has gone and I feel smooth ."

Carolj265 April 25, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My legs and elbows were covered and within two months it was all gone !"

Bling16 April 12, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "For me Otezla is a wonder drug. My Psoriatic Arthritis has been non existent for 9 months now since I started taking Otezla."

OtezlaWonder (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Update: Otezla is not working now like it did at first. My left hand is better but, my right regressed and is splitting in multiple places. Both feet, horrible flare now, thick peeling and lesions. My face now has spots where it didn't prior to Otezla. Headaches, migraines and nausea are very common. How disappointing."

WiarticCat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Started off with the expected side effects which subsided after about 2 weeks so no real problem there. Worked really well on my severe plaque psoriasis on my hands, arms, legs and back, not so good on my feet. Unfortunately it stopped working after about 4 to 5 months and is now about 80% as bad as before I started on Otezla."

Caron Elaine March 28, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I've had psoriasis for 35 years and arthritis for perhaps 30. For about 9 years I took Enbrel and methotrexate with very good results. Despite my long-term success with this combo, about 6 months ago I decided to replace Enbrel with Otezla, primarily because I wanted to decrease my use of immunosuppressants and because of the cancer risks associated with Enbrel. For the first 2-3 weeks I had the expected side effects, the worst being having to move my bowels 5-6 times a day. Also some headaches. Now, six months in, I think I am ready to go back to Enbrel. My scalp psoriasis used to be almost non-existent but is now getting bad. Same for my elbows/forearms. I also have many aches and pains that I've never had before...."

Glicks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been on Otezla for 10 months now and I'm 95% clear. I had really bad psoriasis on both feet and some on hands. Also loss some weight. Since taking this medication my glucose has steadily gone up so my pcp put me on metformen which is not helping. Has anyone been dx with diabetis after taking Otezla? Please let me know bc the drs say its not related but I have read a few users that this has happened to like me. Also I'm having some back pains. Thanks "

ddpr37 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "After failing enbrel and humira, my doc moved me to a different class. Otezla has been a great for my severe psoriasis on the palms of my hands and psoriatic arthritis. I went from 100% coverage with extremely painful lesions, unable to use my hands to 100% clearance, in three weeks. My rheumatologist and I both are amazed with the results. I will put up with the side effects as the massive improvement makes it all worth it. Side effects I've had : headaches /migraines, indigestion, stomach pain, loose stools and nausea. All but headaches have started to subside as of my 3rd week in! Very, very happy here!!"

WiarticCat (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I am using Otezla and have been for the past 5 months now. Before taking Otezla I only had plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It would get very dry and hard and when I would scratch my scalp it would bleed. The side effects were nothing too hard to get use to. I have loss some weight but overall the plaque psoriasis has cleared up to where it is more manageable and less scaly. On my body which the only time I had a bad case of psoriasis was when I got mosquito bites on my legs and it turned into red scaly patches all over. I used this sea salt scrub every day when I showered and it went away. Now with using sea salt as a regular monthly regimen all over my body. I only have psoriasis on my scalp."

RJ1974 February 5, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I've been using Otezla for around three months now. I had some minor side effects of loose stool and headaches. They have subsided and don't affect me anymore. I'm probably 80% clear now. This time of year I normally have a large increase of lesions. Not only have the lesions gone away, no new ones have formed. It will be nice to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts again. For me, this med has worked great."

MDSX2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Ladies and gentlemen I have been using Otezla for at lease 45 days, at first it was making me run to the bathroom all the time, gave me the runs. Then around a month into the drug I started experiencing headaches after every use. I stopped after about 45 days, I didn't want to be damaging my brain. And after all the symptoms no signs of clearing. Although I haven't had any arthritis. But not worth the headache, literally."

scabby legs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Thought this would be a perfect treatment for newly diagnosed but relatively minor hand PsA for past 13yrs. Did experience some weight loss that I attribute that to frequent and loose bm's. There was a detectable mood change but again tolerable. My worst problem was muscle spasms that started in one hip migrated to lower back and then to the other hip to the point of not sleeping. I stopped and ramped up slower which seemed to help but starting coming back. Never had any previous problem with side effects of any meds before. I have what should be good benefits working for a world class employer but plan but they would not cough up without trying the immune suppressive stuff first. Currently on sulfasalizine which seems to help enough"

howbouthis January 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My psoriatic arthritis started about 36 months ago I tried light therapy and was on enbroe for about 8 months with limited improvement from either treatment procedure. My back, head, and legs were very covered with psoriasis and were extremely itchy. My scratching exacerbated the problem and I had bleeding scores all over my legs. One year ago I went on otezla and within 4 months my back and head were completely clear and my legs were vastly improved I did not experience any side effects to speak of although I did lose 10 lbs. Currently my legs are about 80% clear however after about 5 months of use the palms of my hands and my feet were severely infected with psoriasis to the point were they were cracking and bleeding no matter how much l tried to look after them"

Gb75 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Recently diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. Achy stiff joints in fingers, toes, ankles, knees, and hips. Plaque psoriasis on elbows, knees, behind ears, and above eyes. After several medications, because insurance requires it, my Rhum gave me a couple choices including Otezla. I will do anything to stay away from immune suppressive drugs, I don't want to trade one problem for another and likely worse. Been using starter packs for a month with good improvement in plaque psoriasis and no noticeable difference in joint pain. Doc says 2-3 months to see full affect. Unfortunately, my insurance slammed the door on me and is refusing to pay for the drug, appeal was denied. They have no problem paying for immune suppressive drugs because they are cheaper."

Pats fan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Minor side effects the first week. I have mild to moderate plaque psoriasis for 30 years. I have been using ultravate cream and an in home light therapy unit with moderate success. I have been using Otezla for almost 4 months with little to no improvement. I will discuss with my doctor and probably continue for another month and then stop."

edwardB harris January 6, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Worked fantastically well after a short period of side effects (stomach pain and other gastrointestinal issues). Psoriasis has practically cleared, leaving only pale patches where it had been. Experienced significant weight loss, likely due to the stomach issues."

Donagh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "My joint pain in hand and feet are all gone . The only side affect I have is a tension headache every evening about the same time, it a good drug I am please with it, going to give it a other month or two to see if tension headache goes away it always on the right side on the back of the head. It help to hear other people side effect to see if any other people have the same effects."

North Georgia (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on this for 5 weeks. No side effects. No benefits whatsoever."

Zman1 January 2, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Couldn't go up 1 flight of stairs without my heart rate jumping to 140 and was very short of breath. I also experienced severe pain in hip joints 40% of the time. My body felt like it was dying. I was only on it 1 month."

linniepoo January 2, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am 60 and I have had Psoriatic Arthritis since I was 20. So 40 years of trying all kinds of topical medications, cortisone creams, sun light and UVB treatments, Dead Sea Trips and eventually Methotrexate. 6 months ago, my Dermatogist suggested I try Otezla. My Insurance refused to pay for it and suggested all kinds of Biologic medications. I refused the Biologic meds after reading of dangerous side effects. Otezla approved me on a temporary Bridge program while we are fighting the Insurance. Initial results were astonishing. Both the Arthritis pain and the Psoriasis were gone! I stopped taking the Methtrexate. About 3 months after I started taking Otezla, some Psoriasis patches came back, though the Arthritic pain is minimal."

Dead Sea Expert (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Otezla gave me a lung infection. For thee weeks I coughed up blood. It took two rounds of hi-powered antibiotics to get over it."

trxas Bill December 29, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I started with start pack. I was doing the lightbox 2-3"

LynAspin (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2015