User Reviews for Otezla

Plaque Psoriasis 2 reviews 9 medications

5.3
Summary of Otezla reviews 11 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Otezla

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Had swollen joints in hands, knee pain and neck pain. No real skin issues other than 2 small spots. RA was inconclusive, so PsA was the diagnosis. Doctor gave me a choice of Humira, Enbrel or Otezla to try - I picked Otezla. On week three and the results are quite good. The pain and swelling is greatly reduced and the side effects of Otezla are very minimal. Very happy so far."

JoeJ19971 June 22, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have severe psoriatic arthritis but I do not have the rash. I've been on this medicine just a week but notice improvement already. I am pretty nauseous all the time, and it seems like I may lose weight because of it... But, frankly, I need to lose 110lbs anyways so... Win win?"

Rachelcat (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have tried otezla twice the first time it cause horrible stomach pain and I had to discontinue it after three weeks. It worked miracles for my skin though almost all clear. I went to GI to get something to counteract the otezla. Went back on it and after two months on it I started having really bad panic attacks. I am not a panic person and have never had anxiety it got so bad I had to stop the pills. However be warned you can not just stop the pills you have to slowly decrease the dose the same way you have to increase in the beginning. I was not told this and ended up in the ER."

Sad and sore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I'm only on day 7 of this medication so too early to tell but I'm am experiencing severe nausea as expected "

StrvenToronto June 15, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "So far I have had none of the side effects they warn you about. Pain and swelling is reduced. The only downside is that is could take up to 16 weeks to receive the full benefits. Wish it worked quicker."

JoeM9249 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Have been on since approved by FDA in 2013. Previously on MTX and Enbrel which I had to discontinue due to CMV and Epstein-Barr virus. Otezla works great on my joints and skin....BUT....I have lost 30#, now wt. is 88-90#. SEVERE nausea, diarrhea. Am taking lexapro, 10mg for depression. cannot take 30 mg bid, Dermatologist has reduced to 15mg hs. Still have the severe nausea, diarrhea, but much better. I am cutting the tabs in half . 10mg is manufactured for the the titration dose, but can't get this for a maintenance dose. WHY NOT? So, I will continue to take 15mg daily because it works GREAT for severe PsA and psoriasis and I have no other options."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "its has cleared 98 percent of my body i still have some like in my ears but very small and like two spots on both legs but overall i am happy i still have pain in my ankles sometimes but that only comes from where i work (in a hospital) very seldom do i get nauseous or have diarrhea but i would recommend this medicine to everyone because it worked for me."

jelisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am on day 6 of this medicine today. So far I have had the headache, more frequent bowel movements, and yesterday I developed pain in my left arm at my joints for shoulder and elbow and fingers as well."

BadAqua May 13, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "When I first started taking the medicine I experienced diarrhea as expected. My nausea began to get worse. I thought I would give it a chance and ride out the side effects. They started getting worse, I am four months into this. I have been very sick because of this medicine, I went 3 days without being able to hold a meal down without vomiting. I have lost 15 pounds since starting. This medicine reacted badly with me, the bad outweighs the bad for me. I hope no one else has to go through this."

Ben10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have both plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and this has helped BOTH immensely. I had no idea it was also used for psoriasis, but I currently have only about 4 lesions on my whole body, NONE on my scalp, in my ears or skin folds (this is AMAZING). For PsA, I was only diagnosed with that about a year ago (I thought I had Osteoarthritis until the surgeon told me the operation would be riskier because of PsA!). I immediately went to a rheumatologist & started meds. Cancelled surgery and I'm doing pretty well. Not entirely pain free, but HUGELY improved! Insurance originally approved the med but is now questioning it. Waiting for a ruling."

CLdillon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have severe plaque psoriasis and in just 3 months it is like night and day with just a trace of it left. it is not a shot just 2 pills a day. I fell 99 better at this time. Much clearer then I was with Embrel. I gave it a 9 only because there is always something they will improve on but I am very happy with it."

RS44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate