User Reviews for Otezla

Learn more about Otezla.

Otezla Review Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Otezla to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"Had swollen joints in hands, knee pain and neck pain. No real skin issues other than 2 small spots. RA was inconclusive, so PsA was the diagnosis. Doctor gave me a choice of Humira, Enbrel or Otezla to try - I picked Otezla. On week three and the results are quite good. The pain and swelling is greatly reduced and the side effects of Otezla are very minimal. Very happy so far."

JoeJ19971 June 22, 2015

"I have severe psoriatic arthritis but I do not have the rash. I've been on this medicine just a week but notice improvement already. I am pretty nauseous all the time, and it seems like I may lose weight because of it... But, frankly, I need to lose 110lbs anyways so... Win win?"

Rachelcat (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

"I'm only on day 7 of this medication so too early to tell but I'm am experiencing severe nausea as expected "

StrvenToronto June 15, 2015

"So far I have had none of the side effects they warn you about. Pain and swelling is reduced. The only downside is that is could take up to 16 weeks to receive the full benefits. Wish it worked quicker."

JoeM9249 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

"Have been on since approved by FDA in 2013. Previously on MTX and Enbrel which I had to discontinue due to CMV and Epstein-Barr virus. Otezla works great on my joints and skin....BUT....I have lost 30#, now wt. is 88-90#. SEVERE nausea, diarrhea. Am taking lexapro, 10mg for depression. cannot take 30 mg bid, Dermatologist has reduced to 15mg hs. Still have the severe nausea, diarrhea, but much better. I am cutting the tabs in half . 10mg is manufactured for the the titration dose, but can't get this for a maintenance dose. WHY NOT? So, I will continue to take 15mg daily because it works GREAT for severe PsA and psoriasis and I have no other options."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2015

"its has cleared 98 percent of my body i still have some like in my ears but very small and like two spots on both legs but overall i am happy i still have pain in my ankles sometimes but that only comes from where i work (in a hospital) very seldom do i get nauseous or have diarrhea but i would recommend this medicine to everyone because it worked for me."

jelisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

"I am on day 6 of this medicine today. So far I have had the headache, more frequent bowel movements, and yesterday I developed pain in my left arm at my joints for shoulder and elbow and fingers as well."

BadAqua May 13, 2015

"When I first started taking the medicine I experienced diarrhea as expected. My nausea began to get worse. I thought I would give it a chance and ride out the side effects. They started getting worse, I am four months into this. I have been very sick because of this medicine, I went 3 days without being able to hold a meal down without vomiting. I have lost 15 pounds since starting. This medicine reacted badly with me, the bad outweighs the bad for me. I hope no one else has to go through this."

Ben10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2015

"I have both plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and this has helped BOTH immensely. I had no idea it was also used for psoriasis, but I currently have only about 4 lesions on my whole body, NONE on my scalp, in my ears or skin folds (this is AMAZING). For PsA, I was only diagnosed with that about a year ago (I thought I had Osteoarthritis until the surgeon told me the operation would be riskier because of PsA!). I immediately went to a rheumatologist & started meds. Cancelled surgery and I'm doing pretty well. Not entirely pain free, but HUGELY improved! Insurance originally approved the med but is now questioning it. Waiting for a ruling."

CLdillon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015