User Reviews for Paxil (Page 5)

Learn more about Paxil.

Depression 104 reviews 77 medications

7.2
Summary of Paxil reviews 449 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Paxil

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me."

tokei (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Anxiety "Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows"."

Erica0812 January 19, 2015

For Anxiety "I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain."

Anonymous January 18, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore."

Ashleyyy January 6, 2015

For Anxiety "Paxil is better than other medicines I have taken for my anxiety by far. But, there are flaws with it. Being forgetful, I forget to take my medicine sometimes, and if I forget, I will get sick due to withdrawal. I am also a very skinny person and a picky eater already, and with taking Paxil, I have an extreme loss of appetite. Eating to me is now a chore and my body will not tell me when I am hungry until I go into shock due to malnutrition. But, all of this is worth it to get rid of my terrible anxiety. It is extremely worth it."

CoreyTheFemale (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "There is a lot of other reviews that I have read that sums a lot of it up. Yes, you will most likely experience yawning, nausea, and headaches at first. It does go away! At first I also noticed a change in my sex life. I could still get in the mood but found it near impossible to orgasm. Also, with sleep, I did feel tired for a bit, but I think it was because I experienced trouble sleeping at first. I found some things that helped fix some of this: I went from 20mg to 10mg a day. I took it right after breakfast. This one is important! Exercise! I started running again and I found that it had an extremely positive effect and it went well with the medication. A lot of the jitters I got at first went away, it helped me sleep better, and more!"

EmilyN19 December 28, 2014

For Anxiety "Waking up with negative thoughts and anxiety mostly in the morning, most of my life. Due to major problems at work, Dr gave me Zoloft and the like--- all were HORRID. Finally heard about Paxil, got on it, and the days all became sunny, with birds singing outside, even in winter. Was on it (20mg I think) for more than 8 years. The ONLY downside was major loss of sexual interest. Perhaps the dose was too high. Easily weaned off of it 2 years ago, over 1 month, without problems, except that the anxieties are back. At age 70, I may go back on it."

HateDamnRobotText December 24, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Paxil now for about 10 years. My dosage was 20 milligrams for a long time. Within the last two months I was feeling emotionless. I finally went to my doctor today and described my feelings to her. She changed my dosage to 40 milligrams. I feel better already! If it wasn't for Paxil I would be a basket case like I was before I went on it. I no longer have panic attacks and very little anxiety now. For those who are having a bad experience with Paxil...don't give up. You may need a different dosage or an entirely different antidepressant. Mental fragility is nothing to take lightly. Keep asking for help until you get it. Good luck to all of you."

drkatie2 December 22, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress."

sassymel (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "First of all, I never realized that I had OCD until I told my doctor I couldn't sleep because I couldn't control my thoughts. I thought OCD only manifested itself in physical rituals. Paxil has literally saved my life. It broke a 14 year cycle of racing, uncontrollable thoughts/insomnia/anxiety/depression. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years now."

Sharub (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My anxiety sky rocketed while on this medication so much that my doctor prescribed Xanax. I was terrified and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours."

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014

For Depression "Paxil was the first antidepressant I was put on when I was first diagnosed with depression roughly a year and a half ago. While it did stop the suicidal thoughts, the side effects were just not worth it for me. It made me tired ALL THE TIME. And not just kind of sleepy. It was more like I could get a full nights rest, wake up, and not half an hour later feel so exhausted that if I laid down on the ground I could take a nap right there. It also took away my ability to orgasm. I'm a 21 y/o (20 at the time) college girl who is a pretty sexually open person. So to say I was not down to never have another orgasm while on it would be a huge understatement. Did work, but not worth the side effects."

Redhead0893 December 6, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on Paxil for over 20 years. I always hoped something better would come along, i.e., without side effects of weight gain and dry mouth. I have most of my back teeth crowned and have lost a few and have implants. It's a choice. Nothing is benign, but I have found this is the only medication that I can tolerate, and it does help. So, I guess I will stick it out and see. Good medication, not so good side effects. "

Johnnie4 (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2014

For Depression "This was the only medicine I could take and didn't have a care or worry in the world."

luck1313 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2014

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "The only reason I am giving this medication a '9' is because I'm my 5th week in and I've feel better than I did before taking the medication. I would say in my 3rd to 4th week I started feeling better and to my old self. Don't get me wrong...I still had moments of anxiety and stress, but nothing like it used to be. Recently, I've been preparing for a CT Scan and I think it's caused my anxiety to spike again. I'm staying positive and trying to face the reality that my worry is the cause of the anxiety. I know the full effect with Paxil doesn't kick in until 3 months and I am going to stay on it to benefit from it. Like I said, it's been a tremendous blessing, but still got a hill to climb. It's most important to face our problems head-on."

OnlyAMemory (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I was on 10mg of Paxil for the first time in my life and it increased my anxiety so bad I missed work went off and I felt good for a week now I'm back to feeling bad and missing more work. I might try Prozac but very nervous."

babyface714 November 23, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "It really works!!! But I gained 14 pounds"

SJM87 November 9, 2014

For Depression "I have been taking this for 6 -7 months. It works good for me but when I miss 1 or 2 days my mood it's really high. I will fight or yell, but when I take it to cool down it works. I was 147lbs when I started it and now I'm 127lbs. I have lost a lot and I'm happy. I eat a lot but when I do eat its just a little. Sometime I even forget to drink or eat anything on this pill but I like it as long as I take it everyday I'm happy."

l3x (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been depressed with major social anxiety for over five years. I've always been scared to try any medication. Lately it's been unbearable. I have too much social anxiety that I can't even sit through job interviews or simple things like going shopping alone. I'm 25 and have been on Paxil for less than a month. The first two weeks were bad. I'd wake up at odd hours of the night and be wide awake. I'd feel like puking throughout the day along with being very drowsy. Don't worry. It does subside. I feel like going out more and I'm not too worried as I usually am about people judging me or looking at me. I participate in small talk with strangers. I am free to go out without worrying. I'm content."

MissJulia October 26, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Paxil close to a week now. It took the doctor close to two month for me to agree to trying it. I tried everything to overcome my anxiety naturally and I really felt like I hit breaking point. Because I have two young children, I knew it was important that I gave this a go...even though I'm in early days my mind seems content. I'm still trying to get used to it though. After stressing about trivial stuff for so long its strange to feel that I have my life back."

Jade- jade October 12, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been on this medication for one week, I have mild jaw pain and a bit dizzy but I will take that over the madness I felt a week ago. Suicidal, anxious, crying needless to say I was a mess! I still have a few intrusive thoughts but this is one week and I am grateful I went through 3 medications before finding this one and I am glad to say the least I can get back to being a mother and wife."

Ssimply (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Before starting Paxil, I was extremely depressed. I did not want to talk to people or have to leave the house for any reason. (Albeit I'm 22). When I would have to go somewhere such as school or the doctor's office I would dread having to leave and I'd be having an internal melt down the entire duration of getting dressed. It didn't matter what I wrote or how much make up I had on, I felt like I was so ugly that people would just stop and stare at me (which I am not ugly and they would not stop and stare). Sometimes I'd be so intimidated from just having to walk through a door into a room and have someone look up that I'd just turn around and go back home. This medicine took all that away and changed my life."

Anonymous September 29, 2014

For Anxiety "I had been on Paxil for about 2 and a half years but recently I decided to go off of it. I have been off for about 2 months now but have all of a sudden experienced such fear and anxiety. I feel the way I did when I went on the pill, never wanting to leave the house, or go to work. I need to work but it's so hard to get through the day! Now my doctor says I will probably need to be on this my whole life. I gained weight when I was on it to which I didn't like. Do you think I should go back on it, I can't function like this though."

mariashepp September 6, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've had severe panic attacks while primarily driving on interstate highways and through mountains for 30 plus years. I rarely have attacks driving on most other types of roads and conditions. I've been on Paxil for 5 years now and it is truly a life saver for me. I choose however, and contrary to most advice, not to be on it all the time as it does numb the senses. Twice yearly I drive from Florida to Indiana and choose to take 20 mg/day for one month prior to my trip and 40 mg/day a couple of days prior to my trip. For the most part I can drive successfully with no attacks. Occasionally I will still have what I call a "break through"- sort of a rush sensation but not as severe as a panic attack. I have no problems coming off it."

Retired in Florida (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 27, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been taking Paxil for the past 5 years and it makes me feel great I do not get any anxiety attacks since I started one thing that helps me is the support of my husband and exercise and good eating habits. Theses things assist with living a more richer and happier life. I do not intend on stopping because the good out ways the bad."

trinigirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2014

182 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next