User Reviews for Paxil (Page 5)

Learn more about Paxil.

Depression 110 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Summary of Paxil reviews 483 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paxil

For Panic Disorder "Paxil helps me so much. I thank God for it. I've tried so many antidepressants and none work as good as Paxil. I would have terrible anxiety and panic attacks. Now I feel calm , confident and happy. It works. I did gain a little weight because it increased my appetite but nothing exercise and a heathy diet can't fix. I rather be happy anyway."

Overcome1633 June 29, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I had had a headache 24 hours a day seven days a week for a little over 4 months. I saw a neurologist who told me that it was tension causing my headaches and that it was all in my head. He put me on Paxil and it was without exception the single worst experience of my life. I had never been depressed before, never been diagnosed with anxiety, nothing to suggest any mental health issues whatsoever, and I was prescribed Paxil. This drug nearly killed me. As I said, no history of mental illness or suicidal thoughts in my entire life and when I was put on this drug it made me feel suicidal. I felt like I was better off dead than alive. I was only 15 years old at the time, I'm now 16.I don't think you should take this if you are under 18 years old! "

DWheeler123456 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Paxil is good at first but the "good" influence will wear out as soon as your body get used to it. While on it, I felt confident but only on the surface (the med alleviates the physical aspects of SA). On the inside however I'm filled with self doubt, negative thoughts, jealousy of naturally confident people etc. It also made me (careless) not give a damn about socializing so I'm less interested in social situations = more isolated = fear people's views of me. Anyways, please do not consider taking it as it's only a temporary fix. I was dumb enough to believe the success stories written here and tried it. I now have trouble quitting because of the nasty withdrawal symptom.."

bintuae (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 14, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I'm 36yr old doctor. I had been on Paroxetine for past 8 yrs.weaned just 6 months back.I developed post subcapsular cataract last year. Operated both eyes with IOL. the morbidity it has produced reflects in my day to day activities. I never heard of cataracts as a side effect by paroxetine until I developed one. only when I searched on net I could see few studies suggesting cataract as a side effect of some SSRIs and Paroxetine is one among those.I had to wean it as I was afraid I might end up in more rare and serious side effects in long term, say for eg renal failure in another few yrs.But its a wonderful drug in controlling OCD. Soon I'm about to restart it or a new SSRI due to relapse. OCD makes me feel living blind is more easier than with OCD"

Sureshkumar96 June 12, 2015

For Anxiety "After 10 years on citalopram working brilliantly, it 'pooped' out on me. I was put on sertraline which made me 100 times worse and I felt like I was losing my mind. There were times when I was suicidal which never happened before. After 18 months of trying different medications I decided to try Paxil. I was nervous to be honest but I wanted to feel better than what I was. I have anxiety, depression which led to my OCD, mainly intrusive thoughts which were very distressing. I must say that after 2 weeks I have felt better than what I had done in ages. Still not 100% but it is early days. I know everyone reacts differently to medications but do not be put off by negative reviews, this might be the drug for you. I am so glad that I tried it."

mumofthree (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been on Paxil (20 mg) since 2000 at the age of 15 and have been on it ever since. I was always an anxious kid but my anxiety became debilitating at the beginning of high school and I would occasionally vomit in the morning due to anxiety and also experienced heart palpitations. After a physical and an echocardiogram revealed that I was physically healthy I began seeing a Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder and he prescribed me Paxil. After about two weeks of feeling run down and kind of flu-like it began working. I really don't have any side effects and I still experience a wide range of emotions, even anxiety, though it is manageable."

Anon18901 June 3, 2015

For Anxiety "Anxiety has always been a big part of my life. A younger me was able to treat it with my brain but now that I am 45 I was not able to control my fears of what bad thing will happen next. Being the father of 2 kids including a handicapped little boy plus my wife that doesn't work, she needs to take care of my little boy. My fears of losing my job, car breaking down, my son's medical condition and a bad set of eyes were some of my major worries, all things that were unrealistic and mostly out of my control. Living in fear creates more problems then solutions. I started taking Paxil about two months ago and I will tell you that it helps. I feel normal no more fear and able to deal with life's problems."

Nervous Dad June 1, 2015

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started taking paroxetine about 5 years ago because I was lasting 2 mins in bed with my gf. I never had that problem before but it was happening all the time. My doctor told me I had anxiety and put me on paroxetine. Since then I have felt great and never looked back. The premature ejaculation went and I felt much better. I had always had negative panicky feelings but just thought it was normal and everyone felt like this but since starting it I have felt great. It can be hard if you just stop the side affects are pretty bad but I am happy to keep on taking it because it works for me....hope this was helpful ;)"

dazzer (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Paxil about two and a half months ago after many different antidepressants. I was extremely fatigued until the exact 2 month mark then it was like a light bulb went off. I no longer felt exhausted or depressed. The social anxiety no longer plagued me though I don't feel it has been a total cure. But overall, I feel really good. Strangely enough, I have no side effects. No sexual side effects. No sleep issues. Nothing. Paxil is my top choice for the antidepressants I have tried. I am diagnosed bipolar and ADHD as well so I also take an atypical antipsychotic, stimulants, and Xanax strictly for panic attacks. Paxil has really softened the edges for me in combination with everything else I take."

Rissa44 May 31, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I get depressed, had low energy and serious sexual side effects, Prozac is better tolerated"

mega90 (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

For Depression "I began taking Paxil 'by choice' 15 years ago; when my panic and anxiety was out of control. I didn't realize I had always suffered from depression until I took this medicine.The very fist day I took the 20 mgs. I felt a calmness like never before.The first couple of weeks or so I felt a little zoned out; perhaps more depressed seeming. Looking back I think my depression was left on its own. It took a couple of weeks to improve that but it did. I was on it for 2 years before weaning off due to weight gain and thinking I was better. I fell back into severe depression and panic. Went back on it, tried to wean again. Same response. A third time put me in the hospital. 7 years later I still have to take meds but nothing has helped since paxil."

Marchbaby (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2015

For Depression "This drug made me feel super high. I felt like I was on meth, couldn't sleep and felt to intoxicated to drive. Quit after a few days."

B in CO May 20, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "This was prescribed for anxiety. I had recently been diagnosed with several sleep related issues as well as my asthma increasing. I have a long standing problem with recurrent bouts of depression which I treat when they are present. I have a history of antidepressants causing an increase of depression. Since beginning Paxil as directed by my doctor two months ago at10 mg daily, I have noticed a gradual increase of both my depressive episodes as well as my headaches... I do have a history of migraines for 20 years due to a head injury."

Pammus May 20, 2015

For Anxiety "I used to be a paratrooper but as I aged I developed anxieties that eventually interfered with my daily life. For example I became terrified of flying, driving in winter, or crossing bridges. I got to the point where I would cross a bridge and even though I knew my fears were irrational, I felt like I would pass out when crossing one and would drive many miles to avoid them. I was talking to a total stranger and mentioned my irrational fear of driving in winter and he suggested Paxil. He was a rough neck hunter who developed a fear of climbing tree stands which made him unable to hunt. I figured if it worked for him I should try it! Thank goodness I did! Game Changer! I cross bridges and am amazed I ever feared them!"

Old_Paratrooper_Afraid_To_Fly May 5, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've taken 10 mg for 5 years for panic disorder, and it has drastically improved my quality of life. I also take 10 mg of Buspar because I did experience a very bad panic attack one year ago. I used to take 20 mgs over 5 years ago for 6 months, but it affected my sexual response. I think so long as you take JUST enough, it can really work."

storey. (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was suicidal for many years, I tried NOT to commit suicide but ended up trying 5 times, I started in 180 miligrams of Elavil but craved sweets and gained weight and was always tired. I started on Paxil and have taken it for 20 or so years. I started at 50mg and now take 40mg, I feel completely normal. I haven't gained weight. My diagnosis was Major Endoginal Depression."

janny b May 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "At first, I was a little bit afraid to try Paxil after reading some reviews but I thought to myself anything has to be better than the daily stress and anxiety that I was dealing with. I've been on it for a month and I can absolutely say it's been a life changing experience! I no longer have daily panic attacks and I can go out in public without a care! Before Paxil, I struggled in public situations. I would often feel anxiety and if everyone was staring and judging me. But now I don't even think about it. I just go on with my business and enjoy my days! If you're struggling with daily panic attacks and anxiety like I was, I highly recommend at least giving it a try!"

jlynnej April 27, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "So far it's good I had a bad case of postpartum depression And in less then a month I was feeling like my self again And it really helps my anxiety as well no more panic"

Jasmineee April 25, 2015

For Anxiety "My first anti-depressant/anxiety. Removed any anxiety 95 times out of 100 but at the cost of no emotions within your daily life, basically a rock."

Pops91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Paxil was the first medicine I was ever diagnosed with for general anxiety and depression. Yes, the medicine did stop the anxious crazy non stop thoughts, but it also stopped everything else. I didn't care about anything & nothing bothered me. There was one point I almost got fired at work (or came very close to it) & I honestly did not have a nervous bone in my body, blank faced I listened to what my boss told me I did wrong & said "k" then went on with my day. In other words, you just don't care. Paxil was very weird for me... For the first few days I would feel calm, then for about 2 days I'd get this high that made me feel finally like myself again! Then I would feel like a Zombie. I felt like my mouth was glued shut & couldn't laugh."

Made Me A Zombie (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Amazing. Before Paxil, New social situations in my new city at my new job made me almost faint for no reason. I would break out in a sweat and get extremely nervous and re-think how terribly the conversation went until I started Paxil. I'm on the 12.5 MG extended release which is amazing. The night sweats were bad at first but now I don't sleep with the same comforter I used to and they typically never happen anymore. Dreams can be very vivid and intensified especially if I've drank that evening or taken a xanax. Overall it's seriously changed my life for the better and I haven't gained any weight. One side effect would be sex - for the first month or two if was difficult to reach orgasm but now it's back to normal in month 3-4."

Djfkckdksks (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Been on Paxil for 8 yrs for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks and it saved my life! Recently increased from 30mg to 40mg due to relapse from highly stressful events and can already feel it working again."

Natrlee (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 3, 2015

For Anxiety "I am back to live a normal life. Almost 2 years ago got depression and anxiety after my divorce and started taking Cymbalta 60 mg. For one year, but was still having problems with anxiety which is one of the side effects of the medicine. Two weeks ago I started taking Paxil 20 mg at night and I noticed change after a week and today I can say that Paxil gave me my life back. Please if you start new medicine give it time and you will see light at the end of the tunnel."

Beachfront April 1, 2015

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it."

Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "This drug had some terrible side-effects: loss of sex drive, appetite increase (gained 40pds), and I was falling asleep all of the time. I could also drink staggering amounts of alcohol but never feel very drunk. Paxil also made me unemotional to other people's needs - flattening my personality. Best thing I ever did was get off this drug; eventually curing myself of the anxiety that was causing dizzy spells."

Anon88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015