User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Learn more about Pantoprazole.

Gastritis/Duodenitis 1 reviews 0 medications

Dumping Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 67 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Pantoprazole

For Barrett's Esophagus: "Took this drug for 5 months for acid reflux at nighttime unknowingly acid splashed up in my throat giving me a continuous sore throat during the day. The side effects it caused was a major concern; i.e., reduces stomach acid up to 80% resulting in poor digestion and absorption especially B12 and Calcium. I found that my stool was long and very fat, (uncommon for me and indicative of poor digestion/absorption). Another side effect was a very bad dry mouth AND, extremely dry hands --constantly wrinkled up --like when one sits in the bath tub for a couple hours. I stopped taking it and now take a couple of Tums before bedtime."

E. Ekimi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2015

For GERD: "Protonix does what it's supposed to do unless I really overeat, eat or drink something really acidic. Sometimes, I have the feeling of hoarseness, coughing like food is coming back up in my esophagus. If I have to vomit, my food looks undigested due to the protonix not letting my stomach produce enough acid. Miss a day of protonix or vomit and you pay the price."

shebo69 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2015

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "This med has been a life saver for me. I had gotten a severe case of food poisoning, then I developed gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining due to excessive vomiting) The ambulance had to take me to the emergency room! When I was released 6 hrs later, I was prescribed this med. My stomach pain immediately lessened. One every 24hrs. I'm on day 5 and the gastritis is about gone. No cramps, no pain in my stomach, no nausea. I recommend this one for gastistis!!!"

kkrocksvegas April 16, 2015

For GERD: "Over three years ago I went to the doctor because I was getting severely ill every morning, the doctor diagnosed me with GERD and prescribed this for me. It worked great and I never had any symptoms unless I forgot to take it. Now, three years later it seems to have stopped working for me. I'm back to getting ill every morning with stomach pains. I gave it a 7 out of 10 for this reason. It worked great for me for so long but now my doctors are trying to find another solution."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2015

For GERD: "This is a wonderful medication. I used to have GERD, and now I can eat anything, Mexican food, spicy food, sweets, anything and it does not bother me."

Desertii (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2015

For GERD: "Tried most acid relievers and Protonix worked by far the best. Thank you Protonix."

Dan. (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 21, 2014

For GERD: "Instant help on my regurgitation of food and stomach acid. And it was very chronic. Better than Nexium and all others. I have tried them all and pantoprazole is the best."

Risky kiddies (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2014

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "Works instant, better than any other meds"

goodpeople December 1, 2014

For GERD: "I was prescribed Protonix for GERD after having a heart attack. I had been prescribed Omeprazole prior for the same condition, but after about 3 days, I had a very painful stomach, and eventually my stomach failed to empty and I spent a night over the toilet, throwing up everything I had eaten the afternoon before. I stopped the Omeprazole, and then tried it again about 3 weeks later, same result. Protonix was new to me and I decided to give it a chance, but 5 days after taking my first dose, I just spent a day in pain and once again, threw up my dinner and lunch from the day before. "

pwcca November 5, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus six years ago, and regularly used Prilosec for the past 8 years, but I occasionally still had severe heartburn. Like the last post, I too was prescribed a higher and higher dose until I was taking 4-6 pills a day, still getting occasional heartburn. Last year I started taking only 40 mg per day of Pantoprazole, and I seldom (less than once a month when I get careless with food and/or alcohol) have had heartburn at all. I highly recommend asking your doctor about this medication, if you suffer from long term frequent heartburn and Prilosec no longer sees to work as well."

Severe Heartburn/BE (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2014

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I would cough like I was having asthma attacks but come to find out after taking everything there is on the plant for lung disease. This pill stopped it all I had acid and it caused the rest of stop. But I have flare ups now and then still."

Lilly1234 July 27, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "After two days on Protonix (for GERD associated with adult-onset asthma) I ended up in the emergency room with extremely high blood pressure, fast, pounding pulse, severe headache, and severe anxiety. "

CzechChick (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer: "Caused severe muscle cramps, headaches. Took away the pain from duodenal ulcers within 3 days."

risingmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2014

For GERD: "Pantoprazole helped with the acid reflux. My problem started four years into taking it. For months I experienced flu like symptoms, such as muscle and joint aches, diarrhea, weakness and extreme fatigue. After MANY tests were done, I was told that I was vitamin D deficient. I know that any meds that control stomach acid also block the absorption of vitamins and things your body needs. I stopped taking Pantoprazole and was put on prescription vitamin D. After just one week, I felt like a new person. I cut out foods that bother my stomach and cut my portions in half. I may have to chew a Tums once in a while, but I feel great. So watch how long your doctor has you on this drug. It took four years to have the side effects that I had."

CarriePep March 7, 2014

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "Had the most excruciating, painful ulcers that would wake me up in the middle of the night, and be so bad that I would double over from the pain. The Dr. gave me Protonix, and I swear after just taking the first pill that first night, the symptoms were gone! The pills were so effective, I only took them for 5 nights in a row, (even though he told me to finish the bottle) and just saved the other pills in case I might need them in the future. So far the pain has only come back once, from eating too much Tabasco sauce one night, but other than that, I've not been woken up with the pain since I've taken the pills. These pills were a God send for me. Extremely effective."

Suzette1984 February 8, 2014

For GERD: "Kremers Urban pantoprazole is the best generic. My pharmacy switched my script to another company but it gave me the worst acid reflex I have ever had. "

PeterNH (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2013

For GERD: "I have been on Omeprazole / Pepcid for 5 years and pantaprazole for couple months in the middle, if the symptoms became worse. I used to feel little itchy + seon my hands 5 years ago when I took pantaprazole for a month. My doc had me to switch to Omeprazole regularly. After an year my doc had me to switch to Pepcid regularly since Omeprazole gave me acid rebound! So it became like, if the symproms show up bad, I would start with Pantaprazole coupld weeks and switch to Omeprazole and finally switch to Pepcid ongoing. But since an year ao. Pepcid + Omeprazole do not work! My doc had me to take Pantaprazole for the past 6 months regularly. Its perfect, its working very well for me. No more sleepless nights! Surprisingly no itching this time!"

Good-Citizen November 11, 2013

For Erosive Esophagitis: "Just as good and cheaper than Nexium"

Heart Burn October 31, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "Spent two and a half years vomiting everything but coca cola, ramen, and mashed potatoes. Had tried numerous ulcer medicines all failing miserably. Protonix made life bearable again! It actually ceased the pain!"

JenksAten (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 4, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I have been using this medication almost since it came on the market. I take a dose of 50% over the maximum recommended dosage. The medication seems to have a 7-10 hours effectiveness before rebound symptoms appear. I've tried several of the other proton pump inhibitors, which were not very effective. "

GERD and barretts E (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "Works so well I forget I have a problem until I forget to take it, then I'm reminded the next day...ugh!"

dalepmr (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: "Hospitalized January 2012 due to bleeding peptic ulcer which I didn't know I had. GI doc said ulcer was due not to H. pylori but entirely to NSAIDs, the nightly 325 mg aspirin (combination therapy with Plavix for RCA stent, Dec. 2010), to which I added generous doses of Advil (600-800 mg) most days trying to combat muscle pain from simvastatin (current combination of Livalo 2 mg 400 mg CoQ10 = no pain). I am supposed to continue Protonix as long as I am taking aspirin (now only 81 mg). No visible side effects after a year and a half. I do take magnesium 2-3 times a week due to concern about Protonix knocking mg level down. Also take Caltrate, for the osteoporosis it may cause. Protonix is easy to take, but hard to get off of, I hear."

Neem (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2013

For Duodenal Ulcer: "Works good."

loydbinfalala (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "I had 23 bleeding peptic, duodenal, and esophageal ulcers and GERD. This is helping."

SMSur May 11, 2013

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: "I have taken for about 7 years now. I never had stomach problems but got what they thought was an ulcer, later endoscopy showed no ulcer, but signs of Barrett's esophagus. I also had hoarse voice, especially in the morning. Ph study pointed to GERD. Long story short, no more hoarseness. Subsequent scopes show no signs of esophagus damage. Now for the bad. Very rarely, when I eat fast, I do get choking sensations that I did not ever have before. Also, if I run out of the medicine and/or miss a dose or two, wicked bad heartburn. Never had heartburn before. As long as I stay on it I am good. "

rv Rob April 16, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next