User Reviews for Pantoprazole

Also known as: Protonix, Protonix IV

Learn more about Pantoprazole.

Peptic Ulcer 2 reviews 35 medications

Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pantoprazole reviews 54 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Pantoprazole

Review by risingmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer: Caused severe muscle cramps, headaches. Took away the pain from duodenal ulcers within 3 days.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2014 11:28 PM
Review by Suzette1984: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: Had the most excruciating, painful ulcers that would wake me up in the middle of the night, and be so bad that I would double over from the pain. The Dr. gave me Protonix, and I swear after just taking the first pill that first night, the symptoms were gone! The pills were so effective, I only took them for 5 nights in a row, (even though he told me to finish the bottle) and just saved the other pills in case I might need them in the future. So far the pain has only come back once, from eating too much Tabasco sauce one night, but other than that, I've not been woken up with the pain since I've taken the pills. These pills were a God send for me. Extremely effective.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2014 4:16 PM
Review by PeterNH (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: Kremers Urban pantoprazole is the best generic. My pharmacy switched my script to another company but it gave me the worst acid reflex I have ever had.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2013 6:48 PM
Review by Good-Citizen: User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: I have been on Omeprazole / Pepcid for 5 years and pantaprazole for couple months in the middle, if the symptoms became worse. I used to feel little itchy + seon my hands 5 years ago when I took pantaprazole for a month. My doc had me to switch to Omeprazole regularly. After an year my doc had me to switch to Pepcid regularly since Omeprazole gave me acid rebound! So it became like, if the symproms show up bad, I would start with Pantaprazole coupld weeks and switch to Omeprazole and finally switch to Pepcid ongoing. But since an year ao. Pepcid + Omeprazole do not work! My doc had me to take Pantaprazole for the past 6 months regularly. Its perfect, its working very well for me. No more sleepless nights! Surprisingly no itching this time!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 5:07 PM
Review by Heart Burn: User Rating:

pantoprazole for Erosive Esophagitis: Just as good and cheaper than Nexium

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2013 8:27 AM
Review by JenksAten (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: Spent two and a half years vomiting everything but coca cola, ramen, and mashed potatoes. Had tried numerous ulcer medicines all failing miserably. Protonix made life bearable again! It actually ceased the pain!

September 4, 2013 3:44 PM
Review by GERD and barretts E (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: I have been using this medication almost since it came on the market. I take a dose of 50% over the maximum recommended dosage. The medication seems to have a 7-10 hours effectiveness before rebound symptoms appear. I've tried several of the other proton pump inhibitors, which were not very effective.

June 20, 2013 5:18 PM
Review by dalepmr (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: Works so well I forget I have a problem until I forget to take it, then I'm reminded the next day...ugh!

May 25, 2013 2:51 AM
Review by Neem (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Peptic Ulcer: Hospitalized January 2012 due to bleeding peptic ulcer which I didn't know I had. GI doc said ulcer was due not to H. pylori but entirely to NSAIDs, the nightly 325 mg aspirin (combination therapy with Plavix for RCA stent, Dec. 2010), to which I added generous doses of Advil (600-800 mg) most days trying to combat muscle pain from simvastatin (current combination of Livalo 2 mg 400 mg CoQ10 = no pain). I am supposed to continue Protonix as long as I am taking aspirin (now only 81 mg). No visible side effects after a year and a half. I do take magnesium 2-3 times a week due to concern about Protonix knocking mg level down. Also take Caltrate, for the osteoporosis it may cause. Protonix is easy to take, but hard to get off of, I hear.

May 25, 2013 1:31 AM
Review by loydbinfalala (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

pantoprazole for Duodenal Ulcer: Works good.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 12, 2013 11:07 AM
Review by SMSur: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: I had 23 bleeding peptic, duodenal, and esophageal ulcers and GERD. This is helping.

May 11, 2013 8:02 PM
Review by rv Rob: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: I have taken for about 7 years now. I never had stomach problems but got what they thought was an ulcer, later endoscopy showed no ulcer, but signs of Barrett's esophagus. I also had hoarse voice, especially in the morning. Ph study pointed to GERD. Long story short, no more hoarseness. Subsequent scopes show no signs of esophagus damage. Now for the bad. Very rarely, when I eat fast, I do get choking sensations that I did not ever have before. Also, if I run out of the medicine and/or miss a dose or two, wicked bad heartburn. Never had heartburn before. As long as I stay on it I am good.

April 16, 2013 12:56 AM
Review by bambam2494: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: The only thing to work for me so far.

April 7, 2013 7:09 AM
Review by Jim0523 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: Started taking this about 8 years ago after developing an ulcer from taking Aleve. Was fine for a few years, with only flatulance and loose bowel movements. For the last 3 years, I started developing asthma symptoms (phlegm in throat and lungs, coughing). Stopping Protonix cleared it up. Took 1 pill again and the asthma started again. Too bad, I really liked this medication.

March 27, 2013 4:33 PM
Review by florida33: User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: Overall an exceptional medicine with perfect symptom control UNTIL I received the generic put out by a manufacturer in INDIA. Symptoms returned immediately, and pharmacy replaced the remaining pills immediately on reporting my experience.

February 26, 2013 12:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: Side effects arrythmia, chest pain and muscle stiffness experienced

November 10, 2012 7:43 AM
Review by pam buck (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Duodenal Ulcer: I was recently hospitalized for 4 days with a duodenal ulcer. They ran PROTONIX through an IV--I was in miserable pain..Within 2 days, No Problems, and I could eat again. I'm now on 40mg 2x day, and soon decreasing to 1. It REALLY works, with No side effects!

June 25, 2012 12:27 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: This was not effective in reducing acid. Four days after stopping Nexium and starting Protonix the heartburn started and I had to take Gaviscon. I had a 3 month supply so I kept taking it and ended up with a swollen, painful esophagus and difficulty swallowing with vomiting. I stopped taking Nexium because my insurance no longer would cover it.

June 21, 2012 1:06 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: This is the BEST and only medicine that works for me for GERD and ulcers. I've tried others at my insurance company request but this is the only one that really works.

May 23, 2012 1:06 AM
Review by whytegold: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: Worked at first to bring heartburn/acid re-flux under control, however I had to stop taking it because it started causing severe stomach & abdominal pain. Now control through diet & Tums EX. The pain from the Protonix side effect was terrible when it started happening.

March 31, 2012 2:10 PM
Review by Miz1...1: User Rating:

Protonix IV (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: Have been on Protonix for about 10 yrs. Recently was admitted to the hospital due to pancreatitis. I was vomiting non-stop for 4 days and could only get meds via I.V. during my 7 day stay. I found that Protonix I.V. seemed to work almost better at least worked faster and lasted 24hrs until my next dose the following day.

March 4, 2012 7:15 PM
Review by rgarber: User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: Before taking pantoprazole I experienced burning in the center and left of my chest day and night. Now, I am symptom free regardless of diet. I have also lost 61 pounds since then, so my weight loss may have contributed as well, however even before weight loss I was symptom free.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2012 9:20 AM
Review by Bad gut: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for GERD: I only discovered I had GERD from an endoscopy. I've always had a horrible stomach, but recently had a constant sore throat. The Protonix worked wonders! But then I noticed I was constipated and had a huge appetite. I briefly switched medicines but went back to Protonix. It was when I started taking it again and had two abdominal exams that I realized my liver was enlarged. The doctors immediately dismissed it since I've had my gallbladder removed. They said it was scar tissue. My daughter has eosinophilic colitis so I'm really just focused on her gastrointestinal care, but at my next follow up I will address the issue. I did cut out milk/dairy from my diet and that seemed to help as much as the medicine!

December 1, 2011 11:42 PM
Review by Audrey3091: User Rating:

pantoprazole for GERD: Finally got relief from constant burning sensation in my esophagus after 3.5 months. It took 23 days before feeling totally fine. Tried Prilosec and Esophaguard from Life Extension prior to using this prescription. I also stopped drinking coffee and wine, stopped taking Actonel for bones because after 4 years, it contributed to the heartburn also. I had to change my calcium intake with Calcium Citrate instead of carbonate so that it could be absorbed.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 8, 2011 8:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Protonix (pantoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: Took the burn away in my stomach but made my hands and fingers swell.

October 17, 2011 4:34 PM