User Reviews for Aleve

3.5
Ankylosing Spondylitis 3 reviews 122 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fever 0 reviews 377 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neck Pain 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aleve reviews 59 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Aleve

For Headache "My head and base of the neck started hurting three days ago. The pain also moved from place to place and so abnormal that I scheduled a doctor's appointment...for next week. This pain even made my "hair" hurt. Felt like spots in the central back part of my head had been "bruised" and again, the pain location changed from the back center of head to my upper neck to the back of ears and then to the top. Prescription pain medicine left over from a surgery didn't help. Last night I took 3 Aleve out of desperation. Fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling much, much better. Will still see my doctor but won't be a crazy person by the time I get there."

Elise48 July 25, 2015

For Period Pain "Swelling, tingling feeling on my tongue and hives shortly after taking this product. I remember taking it for period pain in middle school and had little issues, now I must stay completely away from it."

Martha Martha July 17, 2015

For Back Pain "I don't know what I did but whenever I jumped on the trampoline with my kids, I was experiencing some weird pain in my upper back. I put some a535 on my back. That didn't help. The next day it still hurt!! Then I took two aleve pills and the next morning I was ok. And I continued this way for a few days and my back was all better!!! Thanks aleve! "

That gal with a bad back (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Frozen Shoulder "Very little relief. I finished PT and after a year it still wasn't great. Due to other issues a physician switched me to Diflofenac Sodium (Voltarin?) which has been a wonderful. It takes away all my joint issues."

aBusyMom May 14, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I tired Aleve. It works to some extent for a few hours but it stops. I get better and longer lasting results with Advil liqui-gels for arthritis."

jonhb May 6, 2015

For Costochondritis "I've been diagnosed with costochondritis for 2 yrs now. I have other joint issues, along with military neck and tendinitis. Nothing has worked as well and effectively as Aleve. I take anywhere from 220-500mg when needed. All my aches and pains subside and I can move about freely. Even with nerve damage. I am so thankful for Aleve!"

Dee8Dee March 17, 2015

For Back Pain "Have bulging disc at l-1 ,spinal stenosis at t-10-11 ,c-6-7,didn't want to take narcotics. Have been taking Aleve for 7 days, excellent relief. Hope it lasts."

mike j. (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

For Back Pain "Best one out there."

KJMason February 4, 2015

For Back Pain "It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in."

DareLiggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2015

For Pain "Toothache- took the pain away instantly. Very good for a toothache."

neecy (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2014

For Pain "I have used most of the narcotics on the list, and now that I live in Florida it is almost impossible to get a Doctor to prescribe anything other than Aspirin. Aspirin now has caused my stomach to act up due to ulcers so now I also need to take Prilosec 40 mg. So far this is the best of these medicines on the list."

Sophia55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain."

Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2014

For Sciatica "Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone."

Maili (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Gout, Acute "I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it."

Drakester 64 May 20, 2014

For Pain "I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on. "

oremus May 5, 2014

For Pain "I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!"

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

For Pain "I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later."

nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2013

For Period Pain "Aleve helps a lot"

Alycat001 October 17, 2013

For Sciatica "Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps."

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I have severe chronic pain due to a car accident. I've tried every med to curb the pain. I like this medicine, the only drawback was that it wasn't long lasting and I wish I could take it more than once a day."

Krickee August 28, 2013

For Gout, Acute "I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot."

im a aleveir May 23, 2013

For Back Pain "Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains. "

Mike the bad back guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2013

For Back Pain "I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor."

Agape Light (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2012

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Works very well for back pain especially when it also affects the surrounding muscles. But, you should always take it after a meal as it can cause serious stomach pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 8, 2012

For Sciatica "When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also. "

Leon Saper (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2012

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next