User Reviews for Aleve

Ankylosing Spondylitis 2 reviews 140 medications Not rated - Be the first
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Costochondritis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fever 0 reviews 372 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aleve reviews 49 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Aleve

Review by Sophia55 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: I have used most of the narcotics on the list, and now that I live in Florida it is almost impossible to get a Doctor to prescribe anything other than Aspirin. Aspirin now has caused my stomach to act up due to ulcers so now I also need to take Prilosec 40 mg. So far this is the best of these medicines on the list.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Maili (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.

May 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Drakester 64:

For Gout, Acute: I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.

May 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Review by oremus:

For Pain: I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 5:34 AM

Review by nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2013 9:51 AM

Review by Alycat001:

For Period Pain: Aleve helps a lot

October 17, 2013 3:41 AM

Review by Daisy304:

For Sciatica: Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.

October 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Review by Krickee:

For Pain: I have severe chronic pain due to a car accident. I've tried every med to curb the pain. I like this medicine, the only drawback was that it wasn't long lasting and I wish I could take it more than once a day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 8:35 AM

Review by im a aleveir:

For Gout, Acute: I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot.

May 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Review by Mike the bad back guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Back Pain: Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains.

May 6, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by Agape Light (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor.

November 11, 2012 8:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Works very well for back pain especially when it also affects the surrounding muscles. But, you should always take it after a meal as it can cause serious stomach pain.

November 8, 2012 3:40 PM

Review by Leon Saper (taken for 10 years or more):

For Sciatica: When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2012 4:42 AM

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: It caused tummy aches for my 6 year old

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2012 2:21 PM

For Gout, Acute: Worked very well. Felt the pain intensifying, got the Aleve a few hours later, started with 2 tablets then 1 every 8 hours. Will do this for a few days. Very rapid relief of Gout big toe pain.

February 23, 2012 3:52 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started taking Aleve for my Arthritis in my hand and the pain was gone but after taking it for about 8 days I noticed swelling in my feet, which was abnormal for me. I am 34 and in good health and have never had swollen feet. I then noticed the next day my feet and hands were swollen. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized I was allergic to the Aleve. I stopped taking it and haven't had swelling since.

November 22, 2011 6:13 PM

Review by Runnie2:

For Back Pain: Two Aleve a day helped my back pain, but over time it affected my stomach. My gastroenterologist knew immediately what my problem was and I've stopped Aleve entirely. I had almost a year of constant nausea and pain until I quit taking Aleve.

October 30, 2011 5:35 PM

For Headache: Caused vomiting and gave me worst headache.

August 20, 2011 11:58 PM

Review by bethmed:

For Period Pain: This medicine saved me. Starting about the age of 15 I began to experience menstrual cramps for the first time. It was the very worst pain I had ever felt at that time. Not content to only hurt in my lower abdomen the pain radiated all the way down the front of my legs to my ankles. I couldn't sit still. All I could do was pace back and forth crying. I couldn't find a single pain reliever that worked; we had the usual in the house, aspirin, ibuprofen, even Midol. Finally my mother became so worried she took me to the doctor. I thought I was going to have to be on some kind of strong prescription medication. What does he do, he returns to the room with about 50 samples of Aleve and it has been my miracle drug ever since.

August 12, 2011 4:53 PM

Review by tm6438:

For Back Pain: Really good at back pain relief, but after extended use [ I have 2 ruptured discs] my skin started to tear easily, but I was in my 30's at the time. So I don't use for long periods but occasional usage is fine.

April 26, 2011 2:53 PM

For Frozen Shoulder: One every 8 hours dulls the pain but sufficient dosage to kill the pain elicits some skin and stomach side effects.

March 19, 2011 10:01 PM

Review by xxlane:

For Back Pain: Doesn't help my back pain.

January 27, 2011 4:14 PM

For Pain: I love Aleve, but people should talk to their doctor first. I have sometimes severe pain in my toes and severe headaches from TMJ, and the Aleve significantly cuts down on my pain from both. Don't forget to talk to your doctor because risk of stomach bleeding and risk of heart attack rises with some users.

September 30, 2010 5:15 PM