User Reviews for Aleve

3.5
Ankylosing Spondylitis 3 reviews 127 medications

Summary of Aleve reviews 75 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Aleve

For Osteoarthritis "Dear Aleve, Your packaging is a total fail. I had to take the pliers to the bottle to get into it (it's very accommodating now) then had to take my contacts out and hunt out some reading glasses to see how many pills to take for a dose. The newly swallowed pills have not yet worked on the pain, so I have no way of deciding - at this point - if your product is worth the bother."

cricket0524 April 12, 2016

For Sciatica "Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking."

LamarrG April 4, 2016

For Gout, Acute "Well I went to the ER, they diagnosed me with gout. They gave me a prescription that was $45 for 20 pills! Pharmacist told about Aleve. I bought it for $7.99/100 pills. Best choice ever, no regrets"

anritamarie February 21, 2016

For Gout, Acute "I took aleve during a gout attack. I could not really say that it helped my swelling or the pain. I ended up taking some advil to relieve the pain."

Tampa-rob February 12, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "Didn't help at all, it did give me terrible heart burn though."

kasinwonderland January 4, 2016

For Back Pain "I have severe scoliosis so my pain is pretty strong most days. My doctor recommended Aleve so I take 2 caplets (440mg) and there is a bit less pain for a few hours. The package says it works for 8-12 hours, but I'm lucky if it stretches out to 5. Takes my pain from a 7 (out of 10) to a 3 or 4. And then I can't drink for another 8 hours which is no fun."

Steeeeve January 3, 2016

For Back Pain "It does absolutely nothing for my pain."

Itsmemom (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Sciatica "Aleve heavily advertised for 12 hour pain relief. Also recommended by a friend. Tried as desperate for all day pain relief from sciatic nerve. No effect whatsoever, persevered for a week, no relief, even with recommended stretching."

Vixmum (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Back Pain "This should be the first thing you take when you realize you have back pain. At the very least this will take the sharp edge off and give you enough time to get to Urgent Care or an immediate doctor appointment. I have noticed that for extended use (2-5 days) the pain symptoms slowly come back, but at least this is something I can buy OTC."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2015

For Back Pain "Female 20 years old - I recently started a new job as a cashier. I started to experience pain after having to pick up heavy packs of water bottles and other heavy items. The pain was all in my lower back. I went to visit my chiropractor and that would alleviate the pain until I went back to work. I would rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10; a 7. It was a sharp stabbing pulling pain in my lower back and it even hurt to take a deep breath. Today was the first day I took Aleve when I went to work and my back pain was almost completely gone. I was able to move around without being uncomfortable. I am extremely satisfied with the results."

Kris1369 November 27, 2015

For Period Pain "This is my go to drug every month for cramps. Love love love. I've had severe cramps ever since and as soon as I started taking this everything will go away in less than 15 minutes."

Karina Sam (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

For Back Pain "I started taking this per my Doctor instead of Tylenol for lower back pain. I had stomach issues.. could not eat, vomited, severe itching on the legs and armsI "

catlover82001 October 28, 2015

For Back Pain "Male - 33years old. Excruciating pain in lower SI region of my back following an aggressive 30 mile bick ride and a few days of surfing. Woke up the next morning with shooting pain in low back which progressed to shooting pains running down my glutes and referred pain to the hip flexor region. For two weeks this was extremely painful and did not subside even w/ ice applications and finally chiropractic visits 5 total and lots of Advil. Per the suggestion of my wife I tried aleve (2 pills for first dose and 1 pill each dose after that. After 2 pills I noticed a HUGE difference and significantly reduced pain as well as better range of motion as inflammation had gone down. I highly recommend for anyone with back pain as it really helped me!"

Nick T (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

For Gout, Acute "like the previous person mention, I'm a strong believer of aleve, it works faster for my gout than the prescription meds I take. No more going to the doctor for refills.....Aleve works!"

Peewee 43 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2015

For Back Pain "I took two aleve and my back pain hasn't even lessened. Still hurts the same after 4 hours and it's supposed to work for 8-12 hours."

Karla Red September 1, 2015

For Headache "Wow has this changed my life. I was a long time sufferer of migraines and headaches. Advil and tynelols are like candy to me now and don't do a thing to relief pain. Even heavy prescribed migraine drugs by my doctor did not work as much as Aleve does! It is simply, for my part, miraculous! It works 99.9% of the time. It works to prevent a headache when I feel it coming. It also works to break the headache or migraine when it is already ongoing and painful. And most of the time, a single pill works. I have to say I really hope my body doesn't come used to Aleve and therefore making it less effective. So far, after a little more than a year taking Aleve, it still is perfectly effective in my case. Don't hesitate to try!"

C.Leblanc August 29, 2015

For Headache "My head and base of the neck started hurting three days ago. The pain also moved from place to place and so abnormal that I scheduled a doctor's appointment...for next week. This pain even made my "hair" hurt. Felt like spots in the central back part of my head had been "bruised" and again, the pain location changed from the back center of head to my upper neck to the back of ears and then to the top. Prescription pain medicine left over from a surgery didn't help. Last night I took 3 Aleve out of desperation. Fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling much, much better. Will still see my doctor but won't be a crazy person by the time I get there."

Elise48 July 25, 2015

For Period Pain "Swelling, tingling feeling on my tongue and hives shortly after taking this product. I remember taking it for period pain in middle school and had little issues, now I must stay completely away from it."

Martha Martha July 17, 2015

For Back Pain "I don't know what I did but whenever I jumped on the trampoline with my kids, I was experiencing some weird pain in my upper back. I put some a535 on my back. That didn't help. The next day it still hurt!! Then I took two aleve pills and the next morning I was ok. And I continued this way for a few days and my back was all better!!! Thanks aleve! "

That gal with a bad back (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

For Frozen Shoulder "Very little relief. I finished PT and after a year it still wasn't great. Due to other issues a physician switched me to Diflofenac Sodium (Voltarin?) which has been a wonderful. It takes away all my joint issues."

aBusyMom May 14, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I tired Aleve. It works to some extent for a few hours but it stops. I get better and longer lasting results with Advil liqui-gels for arthritis."

jonhb May 6, 2015

For Costochondritis "I've been diagnosed with costochondritis for 2 yrs now. I have other joint issues, along with military neck and tendinitis. Nothing has worked as well and effectively as Aleve. I take anywhere from 220-500mg when needed. All my aches and pains subside and I can move about freely. Even with nerve damage. I am so thankful for Aleve!"

Dee8Dee March 17, 2015

For Back Pain "Have bulging disc at l-1 ,spinal stenosis at t-10-11 ,c-6-7,didn't want to take narcotics. Have been taking Aleve for 7 days, excellent relief. Hope it lasts."

mike j. (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

For Back Pain "Best one out there."

KJMason February 4, 2015

For Back Pain "It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in."

DareLiggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2015