User Reviews for Aleve

Learn more about Aleve.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Gout, Acute

Review by Drakester 64:

I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Review by im a aleveir:

I suffer from gout in my feet periodically because I do not take preventative medicines. My last bout I tried Tylenol extra strength first and got no relief. I switched to Aleve gel caps and immediately felt the pain decrease. I am a believer and also an Aleveir, thanks a lot.

May 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Worked very well. Felt the pain intensifying, got the Aleve a few hours later, started with 2 tablets then 1 every 8 hours. Will do this for a few days. Very rapid relief of Gout big toe pain.

February 23, 2012 3:52 PM

Really worked for me. I had significant pain and inflamation of my big toe. Symptoms were getting worse until I took Aleve. Almost immediate (1/2 hr) relief from pain and within one day of use the pain was gone and by the 2nd day the swelling was reduced.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2010 12:43 PM

Review by bad_gout:

At the first sign of Gout I pop two Aleve Liquid Gels. Usually is enough to kill it. I'll sometimes chase it with tylenol arthritis if I wake up in the morning with a full blown attack. Good partial fix if you can't get to the doctor for prednisone or any other gout medication.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2008 6:13 AM