Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Aleve

Learn more about Aleve.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Sciatica

Review by Daisy304: User Rating:

Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.

October 7, 2013 12:55 PM
Review by Leon Saper (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 2, 2012 4:42 AM
Review by Lansingite: User Rating:

A surgeon recommended that I have a procedure to deal with the effects of several ruptured disks in my lower back. I prefer to put off the surgery for as long as I can, and use Aleve on an almost daily basis. It works just fine for me, and I only have an incident about every 1.5 years, and usually because I overdo the yard work. When it gets very bad, I supplement with an anti spasmodic drug for a few days.

November 18, 2009 7:02 AM