User Reviews for Aleve

Learn more about Aleve.

Aleve review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 246 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Back Pain

Review by Mike the bad back guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains.

May 6, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by Agape Light (taken for less than 1 month):

I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor.

November 11, 2012 8:25 PM

Review by Runnie2:

Two Aleve a day helped my back pain, but over time it affected my stomach. My gastroenterologist knew immediately what my problem was and I've stopped Aleve entirely. I had almost a year of constant nausea and pain until I quit taking Aleve.

October 30, 2011 5:35 PM

Review by tm6438:

Really good at back pain relief, but after extended use [ I have 2 ruptured discs] my skin started to tear easily, but I was in my 30's at the time. So I don't use for long periods but occasional usage is fine.

April 26, 2011 2:53 PM

Review by xxlane:

Doesn't help my back pain.

January 27, 2011 4:14 PM

I love Aleve! It makes all my lower back pain disappear, I feel like a new person.

August 12, 2010 11:15 PM

Review by SIVASP:

Good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2010 12:29 AM

Review by mybackhurtz:

I took 2 for lower back pain, definitely muscle and it didn't really help.

July 31, 2009 9:05 AM

Review by Pamster55:

Works well for back, shoulder and knee pain

June 30, 2009 7:55 AM

Review by GGGGGGGG:

Aleve worked very well for my neck and back pain but I had side effects... shortness of breath, feeling faint, and my tongue started to swell. I stopped the medicine and was okay the next day.

June 22, 2009 4:20 AM

Review by marannye:

Best medicine I ever took for back pain.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2008 3:21 PM