User Reviews for Aleve

Learn more about Aleve.

Aleve Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 245 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Aleve to treat Back Pain

"I took two aleve and my back pain hasn't even lessened. Still hurts the same after 4 hours and it's supposed to work for 8-12 hours."

Karla Red September 1, 2015

"I don't know what I did but whenever I jumped on the trampoline with my kids, I was experiencing some weird pain in my upper back. I put some a535 on my back. That didn't help. The next day it still hurt!! Then I took two aleve pills and the next morning I was ok. And I continued this way for a few days and my back was all better!!! Thanks aleve! "

That gal with a bad back (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

"Have bulging disc at l-1 ,spinal stenosis at t-10-11 ,c-6-7,didn't want to take narcotics. Have been taking Aleve for 7 days, excellent relief. Hope it lasts."

mike j. (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

"Best one out there."

KJMason February 4, 2015

"It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in."

DareLiggy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2015

"Ibuprofen bothers my stomach so I tried Aleve/naproxen some years back and as to this day it works better then anything else, over the counter, that I have taken. It may not take away all the pain but it takes that evil edge off so the pain becomes less likely to make me vomit. I take Aleve in the morning to prevent the pains and again when I do get the pains. "

Mike the bad back guy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2013

"I bent over and suddenly experienced severe pain. With either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, I could barely make it to a nearby chair. I took 2 Aleve and applied an ice pack for the entire afternoon. Within 45 minutes I could slowly walk and I continued to take Aleve as recommended on the bottle. The next day I resumed my life as usual and in 3 or 4 days I no longer needed Aleve. Wow, better than a chiropractor."

Agape Light (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2012

"Two Aleve a day helped my back pain, but over time it affected my stomach. My gastroenterologist knew immediately what my problem was and I've stopped Aleve entirely. I had almost a year of constant nausea and pain until I quit taking Aleve."

Runnie2 October 30, 2011

"Really good at back pain relief, but after extended use [ I have 2 ruptured discs] my skin started to tear easily, but I was in my 30's at the time. So I don't use for long periods but occasional usage is fine."

tm6438 April 26, 2011

"Doesn't help my back pain."

xxlane January 27, 2011

"I love Aleve! It makes all my lower back pain disappear, I feel like a new person."

Anonymous August 12, 2010

"Good."

SIVASP February 9, 2010

"I took 2 for lower back pain, definitely muscle and it didn't really help."

mybackhurtz July 31, 2009

"Works well for back, shoulder and knee pain"

Pamster55 June 30, 2009

"Aleve worked very well for my neck and back pain but I had side effects... shortness of breath, feeling faint, and my tongue started to swell. I stopped the medicine and was okay the next day."

GGGGGGGG June 22, 2009

"Best medicine I ever took for back pain."

marannye December 19, 2008