User Reviews for Minocycline

Also known as: Dynacin, Minocin, Myrac, Solodyn, Ximino

Learn more about Minocycline.

Minocycline review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Minocycline to treat Rosacea

Review by Miss Mina (taken for less than 1 month):

I took medicine for first time and had an allergic reaction. The palms of my hands and bottom of my feet were itching so bad! Then my entire body starting itching, even my private areas.

September 8, 2013 3:10 PM

Review by Jasper57:

I first started using minocycline when my rosacea got so bad it was affecting my eyes. This cleared it up in a few days. About a year ago I stopped using minocycline and yes, the rosacea came back. So I started it again and in 5 days the rosacea was totally cleared up again. I've noticed no side effects whatsoever. It really works for me.

May 24, 2013 4:44 PM

I have used this medication successfully for years. Initially I used it daily for a few weeks, then tapered down to 3 times a weeks, then only 3 days in a row for flare ups. I haven't used any for 3 years until just recently when I had a flare up. After one dose the redness decreased and no new pustules. The only side effect has been yeast infection when I take higher doses, i.e., twice a day for 5-7 days, but I have not found that I need to do that. I can usually take 50 mg, once a day for 3 days, then I take a dose every other day for 3 days. By then the pustules have resolved and no yeast infection.

January 21, 2013 9:57 AM

Solodyn (minocycline): Worked great- doctors tried other medicines or creams for 2 years and after 1 week of taking this it took care of issue and itching as well.

December 10, 2012 7:35 AM

Review by grayeyed (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Minocin (minocycline): Although it took 6 weeks to show improvement, after that it worked great. The doctor told me it would take that long. I had no side effects. I had a red area on my nose and under my eye for months and doctor said it was rosacea. It cleared it completely. I also have red and dry skin on my cheeks and jaw that the medicine did NOT help.

June 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Solodyn (minocycline): Great product with 45mg once per day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2011 5:24 PM

Review by gaugie:

Minocin (minocycline): Cleared up my nose in 3 days, but have headache, little dizzy, foggy head.

October 27, 2011 3:00 PM

I had rosacea (occasional red bumps and redness) on my face (only) for several years. I finally saw a dermatologist, who prescribed minocycline plus a topical application, Clarifoam EF. Since I began treatment seven weeks ago, my skin improved noticeably with the first ten days and has not shown return of the symptoms. I'm waiting to see if it does return when I am completely off the minocycline. A possible side benefit (or coincident), I had a thickening in my throat and chronic cough when lying down or when breathing deeply or laughing. That also was gone within the first two weeks.

April 13, 2011 9:17 AM

Review by all clear:

My doctor said I had the worst case of Rosacea he had ever seen. He prescribed a couple of topicals and this medicine. This pill really worked for me. If I have a flare up, I take a couple and it goes away.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2011 8:46 PM

Review by rosacearelief:

Solodyn (minocycline): I was given Solodyn for 3 months as part of a study. Within 3 days I saw a big difference. I was mainly looking to get rid of the red hue on my face since birth. I soon discovered that I had inflammation of my facial skin that was soon gone. My facial skin took on a whole new texture and what few tiny pimples I would get no longer existed. I have been without for 2 months now and my face has returned to it's original state. The rosacea on my collar bone/upper chest has not returned. I would recommend this to anyone who asked. Hoping to start doxycycline soon and get similar results.

March 19, 2011 11:31 PM

I had a severe allergic reaction after using it for 2 weeks. I first noticed my lips swelling and then I broke out in big welts. I also had the worst chocking feeling ever. The itching was unreal. I went back to the Doctor and she put me on Prednisone yesterday. The itching has gotten worse. I am thinking that I may be having an allergic reaction to this also. I will be back at the Dr.'s office as soon as she opens.

March 16, 2010 5:26 AM

Whenever I try come off this medicine my Rosacea flares up within 10 days to 2 weeks. I am currently attempting to wean the dosage down to 3 times per week, so far it is working.

February 14, 2010 8:28 PM

Minocin (minocycline): I started taking this and after a few weeks my Rosacea was clearer but had to stop because of UNBEARABLE joint pain. Doctor put me on a lower dose of doxycycline and so far so good.

January 13, 2010 5:53 PM

I have had Rosacea since I was 18. I am now 48, I have tried a few different medicines. This is the first that has improved my skin to the condition it was in before Rosacea. I have not had any side effects from this drug. I give it a 10.

December 28, 2009 4:39 PM

Minocin (minocycline): This medication works well for me. It took a very long time before I was finally diagnosed with Rosacea. I kept hoping I would just out grow adolescent acne even all the way into my late twenties. The only side effect I have encountered is yeast infections. I started taking acidophillus which helps but am now going to consult a nutritionist to see if they can help diet wise. The benefits of the drug outway the side effect but I hope to find a happy balance.

May 31, 2009 10:48 AM

Whenever I have a flare-up I take 100 mg twice a day and it quickly resolves the problem and my skin looks wonderful. I take a lot a other medications for allergies and high blood pressure and this has never interfered with any of them.

October 7, 2008 8:19 PM