User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 266 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by MesaAZLady65: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Several years ago, I was put on Mobic for right knee problems--bone on bone. When I finally needed a knee replacement, I had to go off Mobic for a week before the surgery. Immediately, I got creaky and all my joints hurt and ached. It hurt to walk even a short distance. At that point, I realized what a blessing Mobic is. I thought that if some of my deceased relatives had Mobic, they might have lived longer. I remember how badly they suffered and I understand. The pain was unbearable. I'm still on it. I am 65.

May 22, 2011 2:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meloxicam: I've been taking meloxicam now for 2 months. I have found that it does a lot better job on my inflammation than piroxicam. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but the advantages of taking the medication make it a worthwhile addition to my therapy.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2011 5:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meloxicam: Have severe erosive osteoarthritis. This medication did not help.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2011 2:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I've been on Mobic a week. I'm not noticing a lot of help with the pain. I am very tired all the time, even though I only take 7.5 mg once a day. Also, I'm starting to notice problems with my short term memory, not being able to think of words, etc. This is the only new med I'm taking.

January 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Mobic (meloxicam): I took Mobic for osteoarthritis in both knees and it was great for the pain but I had to stop due to my blood pressure skyrocketinging from 122/70 to 180/95. What a shame.

December 23, 2010 8:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Just started Mobic this week and I've already gained 4 minutes back on my nightly walk. I'm 32 and suffer from severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I haven't noticed much change in my swelling , but am already sleeping for longer periods of time.

November 6, 2010 12:42 PM
Review by Chip W: User Rating:

meloxicam: Arthritis in my back (L4-L5) causing extreme pain in my right hip for an hour or two after getting up in the morning. I'd had 3 steroid injections in my back which relieved the pain for 3 - 6 months. I was ready for another injection but instead tried meloxicam. It's now 3 months later. Most of the time there's no pain; occasional pain is quite tolerable. No noticeable side effects so far.

October 12, 2010 7:45 AM
Review by mrstygraham: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): First one that I have found working for the pain and the inflammation in my knees, elbows, shoulders, etc. I am 36 and I was tested about three weeks ago, but before I was tested, I was already taking Mobic and it worked better than all the other medicines that I was taking for my arthritis. When my test come back it showed that I was full blown with arthritis and borderline rheumatoid arthritis.

September 20, 2010 11:37 PM
Review by debcat53: User Rating:

meloxicam: This medication was very helpful in relieving the pain in my knees, due to osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, I developed serious stomach problems. I am no longer taking this helpful medicine. Too risky with the stomach problems.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 26, 2010 3:13 PM
Review by carylcansell: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Took Mobic today for my osteoarthritis and so far so good. I was really getting depressed with the constant pain. I'm only 57 and to be in pain 24/7 can really get to you.

June 16, 2010 5:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Had surgery for torn meniscis and as result existing artiritis is really causing quite a bit of pain. This is my 4th day on Mobic and the pain has almost disppeared. I am very concerned with possible side effects but so far so good

June 8, 2010 10:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meloxicam: Did nothing for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2010 11:33 PM
Review by Happynow: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I have had awful foot pain for over 10 years and have tried many medicines. My Doctor suggested Mobic and it did wonders for my pain. I have been on it 5 days now and can not believe the difference it has made. I can now walk without shuffling around because of pain. Side effects are mild for now. I have light headache from time to time and ear pressure. Hope that improves. I take 7.5 twice a day since 15 seemed to make side effects worse. A nice surprise everytime I get up to walk and feel little or no pain.

March 2, 2010 10:21 AM
Review by VonneJ: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I've only been on this med for a few days. I had a scope of my rt knee 5 months ago and the arthritis is advancing quickly and severely. In the past month I started having pain in my shoulders, wrists, and left hip. I'm a nurse and can not take opiods/narcotics for relief. I was taking more ibuprofen than I could count! I took my first mobic and not an ibuprofen since. I've been able to sleep, not be tied down by a clock for pain, and have more mobility than I've known in months! I'm grateful. I'm closely watching for side effects & scheduled lab work to check blood levels & liver function in 6 weeks. For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 15, 2010 4:29 PM
Review by pain in the neck: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I have experienced increasing neck pain over the last 3 years with the last year being marked by going through a bottle of 160 count Advil every month and a half. Neck pain would lead to muscle tightness which led to headaches and it was rare that I could go through a day without popping a 6-12 over the counter pain relievers/anti-inflammatory pills. I have been on Mobic for a month now and thus far no noticeable side effects - and the lid has stayed on the bottle of Advil since day 1 of the prescription.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2010 2:06 PM
Review by inmy20's: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): It made me gain weight about 40lbs and cause acne, other then that it worked very well for my Osteoarthritis in my neck. I have a fusion and have not been the same since. This medicine helped me with my pain. I got my life back. I still can't do everything but my pain is so much better!

January 25, 2010 3:19 PM
Review by Jenn Vasquez:

Mobic (meloxicam): I have been taking Mobic for a week.. and I really can't feel the difference but I hope it works.. Once this week I felt really good but other then that I still feel the same. I do feel bloated a lot though.

January 14, 2010 10:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee today. Pain was so bad last night, I only slept on and off. I was in tears and the spasms were constant. 600mg of ibuprofen didn't touch it. My doctor prescribed Mobic and Osteo Bi-flex. Took my first dose at 2pm. By 8pm that evening all pain and spasms were gone and I will be able to sleep pain free tonight. I am so happy I could cry - the relief is like gold in my pocket! I can walk without limping or shuffling for the first time in 2 weeks.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2010 11:03 PM
Review by Deedsy: User Rating:

meloxicam: I have Osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees, neck/spine and hips. It didn't really reduce the pain in my knees or hips but it really cuts the pain in my hands, and especially at the base of both thumbs to the wrist area. I take 7.5mg twice a day. I didn't realize how much it helped my hands until I ran out and couldn't get to the pharmacy right away to pick up my refill. My hands and thumbs ached pretty bad and it hurt just holding something in either hand. The only relief I could get was by using a moist-heat heating pad and that only helps as I'm using it, and it aches worse at the base of my thumbs down to the outside of both wrists. Peroxicam tore up my stomach. Meloxicam hasn't, it works great with no ill effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 1, 2009 3:35 AM
Review by sloval: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I used Mobic for 1 year with great results for knee pain and no side effects. Orthopedic surgeon would not continue prescription for fear of long-term effects. Knee pain returned within 5 days. Will consult with primary care doc for new prescription.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Mobic (meloxicam): I was taking between 4-6 ibuprofen a day and still had a lot of osteoarthritis pain. Once the Mobic was prescribed I felt a significant decrease in pain and can say have a new lease on life. Side effects have been minimal.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 6, 2009 9:39 PM
Review by nita n lynwood: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I have been using Mobic to relieve the pain from my Spinal Fusion I had in March/2001. I was previously on Bextra that was discontinued. I find this medication to work just as good as Bextra did.

September 25, 2009 11:51 AM
Review by suzrhodes: User Rating:

meloxicam: My insurance company would not provide me with two Celebrex a day. After consulting my pharmacist, I tried the meloxicam (15 mg) and it works better than Celebrex for me - inflammation is my major problem, and I'm pleased. Also, Meloxicam is much cheaper. IMPORTANT - Take with meals to avoid stomach problems.

May 28, 2009 11:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): Did not work at all.

May 5, 2009 12:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Mobic (meloxicam): I still take ibuprofen daily on top of the Mobic.

April 24, 2009 12:39 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

Suffering from knee pain? Find out how real people manage OA of the Knee. Watch Video